Cardinals add Kurt Warner to Ring of Honor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As well they should.
This is a radar that represent the success of the St Louis/Arizona Cardinals. If you look closely there's a small red blip on the left. That's Kurt Warner.
th

*No offense to the native St Louis Cardinals fans.

This is the best post in the thread, and will be no matter how many other posts are added.

Slappy967

Starter
Sorry I wasn't paying attention and left out a line about Spags and company abandoning our past. This is why you dont eat steak and post lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Sorry I wasn't paying attention and left out a line about Spags and company abandoning our past. This is why you dont eat steak and post lol

I knew what you meant, or guessed right at least lol. Spags getting rid of all the pictures and shit of former Rams was just stupid. Never understood that stupid shit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I knew what you meant, or guessed right at least lol. Spags getting rid of all the pictures and crap of former Rams was just stupid. Never understood that stupid crap.
I'm not sure that ever happened. Demoff answered that once the rumor started.

"I know it is great lore that pictures of previous players were taken down, but that just never happened. There was one picture from the Super Bowl that disappeared before the previous regime (Spagnuolo/Devaney) started. Otherwise, all the pictures remain the same."

http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_chat_with_Jim_Thomas?Page=2

Slappy967

Starter
Well that's interesting, thought a bunch of former players had corroborated the story. Guess it's a STL sports urban legend lol. I'm just glad Fisher has embraced former players so much and I hope KD retires 13 and puts Warner in the ring

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm not sure that ever happened. Demoff answered that once the rumor started.

"I know it is great lore that pictures of previous players were taken down, but that just never happened. There was one picture from the Super Bowl that disappeared before the previous regime (Spagnuolo/Devaney) started. Otherwise, all the pictures remain the same."
http://live.stltoday.com/Event/Rams_chat_with_Jim_Thomas?Page=2

Hmm, now I don't know what to believe. Tried looking it up online and found this http://cover32.com/rams/2014/01/09/bill-obriens-tactics-similar-to-steve-spagnuoulos/ , but it doesn't really go into specifics or anything. Also this mentions it as well http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/headlines/Spagnoulo-ripped-by-Saints-player--185458802.html and found this which kind of clarifies if true:

Other steps included taking down photos of the Greatest Show on Turf teams and failing to invite any player alums to help the coaching staff.Needless to say, this has rubbed former Ram greats that hate seeing their team going 1-15 the wrong way.

To quiet of the complaints, Spagnuolo has announced that he is creating a “Pro Bowl Wall” at Rams Park to celebrate current and former Rams that have made the Pro Bowl, which by the way is the weakest of all All-Star games and is such an honor that half the team drops out of the game every season.
If he didn't then I was wrong and just went with that rumor I guess. Wasn't that hard to believe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmm, now I don't know what to believe. Tried looking it up online and found this http://cover32.com/rams/2014/01/09/bill-obriens-tactics-similar-to-steve-spagnuoulos/ , but it doesn't really go into specifics or anything. Also this mentions it as well http://www.kmov.com/sports/football/headlines/Spagnoulo-ripped-by-Saints-player--185458802.html and found this which kind of clarifies if true:

Other steps included taking down photos of the Greatest Show on Turf teams and failing to invite any player alums to help the coaching staff.Needless to say, this has rubbed former Ram greats that hate seeing their team going 1-15 the wrong way.

To quiet of the complaints, Spagnuolo has announced that he is creating a “Pro Bowl Wall” at Rams Park to celebrate current and former Rams that have made the Pro Bowl, which by the way is the weakest of all All-Star games and is such an honor that half the team drops out of the game every season.
If he didn't then I was wrong and just went with that rumor I guess. Wasn't that hard to believe.
Well, like I said, I'm not *sure* it happened. It wouldn't have surprised me if he did do that, because he was a bit of a micromanaging control freak. But you know how those things get legs and become something more than what they were, so who knows. The truth, as always, probably lies somewhere in the middle.

crazyhorns

Rookie
It rankles me a bit that he seems to forget that the Rams also gave him a chance when no one else would...

Honestly it was much more than Martz that treated Warner bad. It was embarrassing how a large part of the fan base not only gave up on Warner they were disrespectful. Being a Rams fan I hate that Warner has distance himself from the Rams but I feel the organization and fan base DO NOT DESERVE Warner. He is a class act we did not have faith in him and he found a new home our lost not his fault.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
We have no Superbowl without Warner. He was special. Trent Green probably wouldn't have sealed the deal. When he left the game against the Cheatriots, we were tied and had momentum. If it went to OT, we win. Warner should be a God to Rams fans. JMHO.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I could forgive the Cardinals beating the Rams to the punch on something like this if the Rams just weren't ready to honor the GSOT players. But Faulk and Bruce already have their numbers retired. Not a smooth move by the Rams.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Now only thing to do is wait a long bit and retire his number so it doesn't appear to be directly related from AZ's action. I'm still surprised we haven't done anything to hook up Warner back with us and the past.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It rankles me a bit that he seems to forget that the Rams also gave him a chance when no one else would...

kurt has only said good things about the rams and always says they gave him his first shot in the nfl.

Rambition

Rookie
indeed. i like kurt a lot and won't ever forget the his great days with the rams, and no amount of mutual admiration between he and the cardinals will change that. but there would have been no getting a chance with arizona--or any other team, for that matter--were it not for the rams, i don't think. i think the rams could get the ball rolling again, though...it would be great if the rams could do something similar to this with kurt.

fearsomefour

Legend
He doesn't. I have never heard him bash the Rams.
It would be sort of a bad comment about being entered into the Cardinals ring of game if he talked about the Rams.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Anything he could possible be indebted to the Rams for was paid in full the evening of January 31, 2000.
Certainly true, but it's obvious he holds a big grudge against the Rams, and as a big fan of his it bothers me. Do you think all the Brenda Warner controversy has a lot to do with his disdain for St. Louis?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Certainly true, but it's obvious he holds a big grudge against the Rams, and as a big fan of his it bothers me. Do you think all the Brenda Warner controversy has a lot to do with his disdain for St. Louis?

I disagree on the big grudge part. He's even appeared on TV with Martz (and Faulk) and has said he bears no ill will towards the Rams. If anything he's been pretty classy over the years because reporters have tried to get him to smack talk the Rams and he remains above the fray.

Considering how he was treated it's something else that he isn't bitter. I would have been very angry for sure, 99% of us would have been.

Letting him go, IMO, was the single biggest mistake the Rams have ever made.