Can We Start Talking Playoffs?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I'm going to wait a few more games. Up to this point, the overall record of the teams that the Rams have beat is 16-32. And, between Nov 11 and Dec 17, the Rams play the Vikings, Saints, Eagles, and Seahawks. All 4 are playoff caliber teams as of today. Unless they win 2 of those 4 games, I will not presume that the Rams will make the playoffs.
One of two so far.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So here's the deal:

If we lose to the Eagles and Seahawks, we will have tie breakers over no playoff team except the Saints. All of our losses are conference losses, and we would have lost head to head with Philly, Minnesota and Seattle.

Based on how I predict things to shake out, if we go 2-3 from here on out and finish 10-6, I think we will miss the playoffs. If we can go 11-5 I think we're in, whether that be a wildcard or as division winner. Which means we need to beat the Cards and Niners, and then one of the Eagles, Seahawks or Titans.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to figure the Seahawks lose to both the Eagles and Jaguars the next two weeks - both teams are the precise type of defense Seattle struggles with. Worst case scenario though, we both go 1-1 the next two weeks - Seattle's games after ours are cake with how much Dallas is struggling.

So that game will essentially be for the division.

If by some miracle we win the next two and they lose the next two, we'd go into that game at 10-3 while they would be 7-6 - and we could clinch then and there. Even if they're 8-5 and we're 10-3, we could clinch with a win.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Not yet ! We have been an unlucky fan base and we have seen some crazy stuff happen .

I will only talk about the next game until they clinch !

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
So here's the deal:

If we lose to the Eagles and Seahawks, we will have tie breakers over no playoff team except the Saints. All of our losses are conference losses, and we would have lost head to head with Philly, Minnesota and Seattle.

Based on how I predict things to shake out, if we go 2-3 from here on out and finish 10-6, I think we will miss the playoffs. If we can go 11-5 I think we're in, whether that be a wildcard or as division winner. Which means we need to beat the Cards and Niners, and then one of the Eagles, Seahawks or Titans.

The sea chickens don't strike fear in my heart. If not for 5 turnovers, the rams would have slammed them last time. Even Gurley's unfortunate fumble that hit the pylon would have been a huge difference. Not to mention, it was a bad time for Greg the Leg to miss his only FG up to that date as we could have kicked a chip shot to make it to OT in that game at the end as well.

I believe the rams will go into Seattle and beat them.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Have to figure the Seahawks lose to both the Eagles and Jaguars the next two weeks

Are you talking about the same Jaguars team who lost to the Cardinals yesterday? Don't think I would count on that.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I asked the board this question over a month ago and most said "No, one game at a time".

Can we start talking SUPERBOWL now? The talking heads on ESPN are!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I'm definitely not comfortable with all the media attention. Puts a target on our backs for every single game. That can be tough. But...then again that's how it is for teams who are perennially in the picture, so we might as well GET USED TO IT HORNS UP:)

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure most of us will be disappointed if the rams don't win the superbowl this season.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure most of us will be disappointed if the rams don't win the superbowl this season.

My favorite part about this team is how young we are overall, how young our HC is, Snead isn't an old man, etc. We're looking like we're building a perennial contender.