Can anyone tell me Henderson's status?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Hendo gets another year to see whether it is bad luck or chronic injury issues
I love an Akers/Henderson combo for 2021.

I believe Henderson was active every game until the last one against the Cardinals. He and Akers had almost an identical number of touches; and their yards-per-carry were close.

Also a big Malcolm Brown fan because of his versatility and reliability but he might be difficult to re-sign.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wow. Look, I get that Henderson's injured this year, but you simply don't get rid of a talent like him, especially since Brown might not be on the team. Yes, I'd look at a running back this year, but because of Brown possibly leaving, not because Henderson is cut.
Main back up RB Malcolm Brown is a UFA & most likely will receive much better offers from other teams. I do not see this Ram team dumping Henderson after this season either.

This 2020 moderately used RB Henderson has ended up on the IR once again & not here to help his team for the playoffs. This is the 2nd season in a row that Henderson has ended up on the IR. To me, this is a big red flag. Due to this, the Rams will be forced to utilize a 2021 draft selection to obtain an RB that has the talents that McVay desires & an RB that has much better overall durability.

Henderson has a real talent on the field of play but he has injury issues. But his 2021 cap hit is only $1,151,496.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Henderson may not be a #1 back but he could be a very valuable #2 for the remaining two years of his rookie contract.

He was active for every regular season game but the last, although he barely touched the ball in three of those games. Still, Henderson had about the same number of carries as Akers, plus a slightly better yards-per-rush.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
What pains me is that Hendo was on his way to score that TD and was caught from behind. He saw a clear EZ and should've kept the jets going and out of cruise mode with open territory in front of him. If only... if only....

If only.