CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 10; Tues, Aug 10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Shelton at C (got his ass pancaked by SJD).
I LOVE me some SJD!!!! I think last year he just broke the surface of what he is bringing this year.

Media keeps talking about how our Dline , Oline AND Secondary are gonna take big steps backwards. SMH
Little do they know that between Sneads drafting and our coaching staff's ability to coach up
Kids from day 1. That we are constantly coach up depth and it's just a matter of next man up.

Love your work Bubba. Thank's for everthing you bring to ROD

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
508a565d8539301278a23a11df9a025f.gif
Be back in a few guys. I just remembered I needed to go adjust the soap dish in the bathroom.

Ram65

Legend
I'll tell you all right now you will be disappointed with this report. Why you ask? Because I don't have one! @bubbaramfan and myself both expressed that we were getting a little burned out at camp. So we enjoyed three beers each, sat down with some old time Rams fans and enjoyed the conversation watched to practice like it was a game.
Good for you guys! You deserve a relaxing day by having a few beers and enjoying yourselves at Rams practice. We all thank you for giving up the camp reports.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I might be in the minority with you but I'm one who is in the "Need a Vet" camp. I'm just not comfortable with what we have behind Henderson. There's a lot more involved than just running the ball. Inexperienced rookies can get Stafford killed when they miss the blitzes.

Its possible they're exploring those options but aren't in any hurry because they know there will be someone available. Maybe they want to see if any of these rookies can make the leap from college to pros. Its a gamble. If Henderson goes down we have no idea if one of the backups is capable.

You don't have to be in the minority with me @snackdaddy.

I simply appreciate your post.

How this plays out in a positive manner is all that matters.

I'm hoping the Rams add a RB that's not on the current roster.

If they don't, I will still support their decision unless it backfires.

R.a56d9345d838645bbf1d0083377fe52b

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks to the folks who went to TC and provided the fantastic write ups. Those of us who can't go truly appreciate it. Is just awesome to come into these threads every day and get this kind of coverage and knowledge. Great stuff, Thank you!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
CAMP REPORT AUG 10. Last day for fans.

I'll tell you all right now you will be disappointed with this report. Why you ask? Because I don't have one! @bubbaramfan and myself both expressed that we were getting a little burned out at camp. So we enjoyed three beers each, sat down with some old time Rams fans and enjoyed the conversation watched to practice like it was a game.

These two guys we sat next to, John and Gil, both attended the 1980 Superbowl in Pasadena when we played the Steelers. They told us tickets cost $35 then and there were more Steeler fans than Rams fan!

So I did take some pictures today. Two to be exact. Here's one for you folks who are enjoying the center controversy:View attachment 47143

This next one is for @Merlin . I guess he likes 'em kind of thick;
View attachment 47145

So it was an enjoyable day for Bubba and I. I know he will be doing a camp report. He really got that voice recorder thing down and it has helped him tremendously with his write ups. Cheers to you, @bubbaramfan . My Ram brother!

So with that I'll sign off until next year! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to present our Rams to the ROD membership. It was a labor of love.

VRF
Can you imagine how burned out you would be if you attended camp back in the 70's? An old sports writer here in Philly always talks about the legendary Vermeil camps.

Back then they were 6 wks long with two a days every day and then they played 6 preseason games. That's almost like half a football season back then.

Plus those two a day practices were nearly 3 hours long each in the Vermeil camp.

sloramfan

Starter
the best part of coming to this, or any BB, is the training camp coverage...

for all of us that can't be there, it's the best, and those of you that go often, and are "vets" at seeing what others miss... you guys rock like no other...

no long winded words can sum up my appreciation.. so..

thank you

and i can't wait for the real games to begin...

go rams

slo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I’ll tell you this about those SHOES.
They were on FIRE MONDAY!! Weird talking to someone & all he could talk about was a 3rd leg.

NEVER seen a guy get into the backfield like he did.I can’t recall,but it might have been Corbett?

He went around him like he was not even there & then those SHOES never stopped moving. I swear they were on FIRE. The funny thing was it was a rollout away from him,but QB’s beware.There’s a BAD MAN out there.

AD99 has been working hard,but man is he already in ALL PRO FORM.He must have seen Isaac Bruuuce getting inducted (HOF) ?

Funny thing to add about HOF. Mega-Tron went in & his WR coach Shawn Jefferson & his QB Stafford was there after the Dallas scrimmage.Now he comes back to throw to Van Jefferson.Cool connection.

Another - after Andrew Whitworth LSU ‘06 took time Monday after practice to work with Havenstien & Boom!! Which was awesome to tell Whitworth about what makes Greatness.
-Alan Faneca went to LSU 98”
the night before.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tuesday’s Camp - Jalen RAMsey came out to practice. What a Stud. When he turns it on,there isn’t much better. I like Robert Woods,but good luck getting away from Jalen!

David Long I got into,let him know he has to get tougher though.

—D. Williams not being there(suited) sort sucked.

RR - Rolls Royce- dude needs to get himself a Ram Gold Grill for Sunday’s
Robert Rochelle- what a site to see. Dude is going to be good.

2020 #31 D. Williams - #22 T. Hill

2021 #31 Robert Rochelle - #22 d.Long

DD#21 —

Mcvay yesterday made mention of him,but dude STOOD OUT!
add - below on backups.

TexasRam

Legend
Trishton Jackson may force their hands with a 3 man TE group. How do you keep a guy like Hopkins around when the wideout room looks like that. I just don't see it man.

Call me crazy but if it's me I'm keeping Higbee > Mundt > Harris. Hopkins is gone. And I start crosstraining Skow as a move guy behind Harris.
Yea I can't see how Hopkins makes it, and the Trishton/Skow situation could come down to preseason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kareem Orr(#46)- was the talk of late in camp.He was a guy #36 that was a hard number & name to follow beyond all the
Number changes. D.Williams #11 ?? Wtf (could go on)

See - example #36 is Reed Jr. & #46 Orr.

Reed jr. #36 made a play.I can’t recall
much between the 2 though.There is so much going on & I don’t know,but was always late.Thought practice had a 4pm time & things were always moving fast.

TexasRam

Legend
6'5 - 4.39/ 40 - 81-1/4 inch wingspan - 40.5 inch vertical -
still can't get over this guys measurements. He also understands how to work his body on a 50/50 ball.

I know he is raw, but he is also in a place that the skill to develop talent
is top tier.
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he has a shot at making the team.
The 4.39 stuff is just ridiculous for a guy of that size, hops and wingspan.

And I am normally not at all overly excited about measurements in prospects.

But when you see his ability on the jump balls and his athleticism you wonder if we don't get a pro bowl level steal in Harris.

TexasRam

Legend
Kareem Orr(#46)- was the talk of late in camp.He was a guy #36 that was a hard number & name to follow beyond all the
Number changes. D.Williams #11 ?? Wtf (could go on)

See - example #36 is Reed Jr. & #46 Orr.

Reed jr. #36 made a play.I can’t recall
much between the 2 though.There is so much going on & I don’t know,but was always late.Thought practice had a 4pm time & things were always moving fast.
Yeah I keep hearing about this Orr dude. If either him or Rochell could come on strong that would be huge for our secondary.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yea I can't see how Hopkins makes it, and the Trishton/Skow situation could come down to preseason.
YEP - I gave Hopkins so much Crap!! He must have wanted out of his uniform.He did show up a little Tuesday after that.Had to give him love.He made 2 plays.One was a tough catch. There was one of those he probably didn’t want to miss.

Skow dropped a pass,& of course heard it.

T.Jackson showed toughness so your right it does come down to a lot of things.

Harris & Skow stood out to me by practicing with The B” SQUAD. Hodges ran the offense.Which is cool because they were living together (same hotel) after (during?) OTA’s ?
—Jake Funk though is on another level right now.(Jake Funk preseason?)

—Harris is behind a little more than most Ram Fans think ? Imo.
Then again his injury keeps me wondering about preseason games as well ? He is skilled,but is a try hard guy as well.Needs to bulk up &. Make sure he is 100%.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I keep hearing about this Orr dude. If either him or Rochell could come on strong that would be huge for our secondary.

Sorry about being so scattered.

Here is another example of Numbers
The guy Mcvay talked about was

#38 Troy Warner. — this guy Stood out Tuesday.

Then Jake Gervase #39 is such a professional.

This Donovan Olumba #49 FUCKED ME UP Bigtime. Dude line up on the Left side & That is where Chris Garrett #48 is playing. It’s far side of the field

Both have LONG DREADS -

#48 & #49

SS & LOLB

Yes - hard to register plus 100 other players & coaches.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Back to WR’s. —

talk about Ben Skow & T. Jackson??

PLAYER of TUESDAY— mvp JJ Koski

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Monday’s practice —

Floyd & AD99 get a QB sack.

A. Jackson got beat bad so when he gets beat in the preseason you know Floyd does it regularly.

1628767395931.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Add to those who wonder about Funk ?

He is small,but tough. No match here,
But he did a good job OO king up Kenny Young on another block.

1628767675716.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Funk didn't have two surgically repaired knees we'd be going apeshit about him and wondering if maybe he's one of those rare late round hits. His camp has been so good even fantasy types have picked up on him...

View: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1425640224625922052?s=20

This draft class is crazy. Two of the most impressive guys are mid to late types in him and Harris and good stuff could still be ahead for guys like Atwell, B Brown etc.

At this point I am just praying for health here. :startstruck:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If Funk didn't have two surgically repaired knees we'd be going apeshit about him and wondering if maybe he's one of those rare late round hits. His camp has been so good even fantasy types have picked up on him...

View: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1425640224625922052?s=20

This draft class is crazy. Two of the most impressive guys are mid to late types in him and Harris and good stuff could still be ahead for guys like Atwell, B Brown etc.

At this point I am just praying for health here. :startstruck:

Is it both knees or one twice?