CAMP REPORT Camp Report Day 3: Fri July 30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
and the epic-ness just keeps building for this years rams...

can the season please, just get started?...

go rams

slo

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That is interesting in itself. I still hold out hope for Kiser.
Agree. Understand the frustration over his inability to stay on the field but when he plays, I think he’s good. Covers more ground than Reeder, delivers a good hit and gets the ball carrier down.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still prefer the 90s Animated Series. That was my childhood, right there.
Had a pokiman face mask & it was reversible. The one-side was Hawaiian style blue which I first wore. The other-side pokiman.I swear I think that pokiman print was a classic. — It was mainly 30 year olds that would give me complements. I thought it was my hat at first .

Got to appreciate ERA’s. As a long time
Rams Fan, I feel for the St. Louis Faithful. I went through The 90’s.
USC lost to ND & UCLA almost every year & The Rams lost like 19 straight.
—Trying to watch at Sports Bars. The Rams were hated. This one Bar had 5 different feeds & only would play the best games.It was tough.
—I’m proud of The Rams Franchise & think SOFI is awesome & Rams ownership(front office) really are Fan Friendly. I did not stop,but that set up off-field was cool.
—The staff-(Rams) working try to make it a fun experience.
—Covid makes it tougher meeting the Players though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is it me or is Harris getting a lot of extra attention by the Rams?

I mean isn’t it more normal with picks 4th round or later… If they’re hurt, the coaches sit them… In some cases almost dog house-ish?
Interesting the TE group.
Harris first day interview was telling.

look back at RB with Les- D.Richardson & Zac Stacy

Fuller last season was a late rd. Pick who started day 1,so hard to say that.

I believe Harris’s is just really hungry & shows a Great Passion for the game.

—quoted you on E.Jones ,but his interview was telling as well.He has confidence in himself.If you see him doing drills he doesn’t show Excellent speed,strength,& flash. I was looking at quotes yesterday & hard to view.
Though the deeper I viewed it,his number kept showing up.
—I’m a Troy Reeder Fan!! I just like the guy as a player.He & Kiser are ALWAYS first in line on drills. That said he doesn’t get outside as quick(natural) as you’d like.
Jones is going to make it tough on Rosenblom to make the squad. He did a drill real good that a coach admired,so there is competition out there.
Harris wants to be out there. Hekker was practicing his QB’ing with Harris,so that report of Hekker to Higbee is fitting. I know a lot of Fans are down on Johnny,but he was pushing the rookie.-lmao when he looked to tires to run another pattern for him. (Excuse or hurt ?)
—Saw OBO one year,he didn’t get involved? Offense vs. defense though.
Offense you draw a play & defense you cover. (Sorry for long quotes)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Harris is being held out of any contact and have said he won't for another 2 weeks. He has been out there in shells and helmet, and was involved in yesterdays walk throughs, andplayed catch with Hekker.

I just think he wants to be out there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Harris is being held out of any contact and have said he won't for another 2 weeks. He has been out there in shells and helmet, and was involved in yesterdays walk throughs, andplayed catch with Hekker.

I just think he wants to be out there.

I've read some on Kendall Blanton who has apparently looked good, so I know some on this board have been in his camp, I'm anxious to see how he blocks because at 6'6 260lbs, what's not to like?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d rather see a guy sticking close to the action in the field and with players. Than a guy who is injured and MIA …IMO

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree. Understand the frustration over his inability to stay on the field but when he plays, I think he’s good. Covers more ground than Reeder, delivers a good hit and gets the ball carrier down.
I like Reeder,but Kiser has been getting more Reps with the 1’s.iui c
Wondering whether or not to hope Pircher is for real. Couldn't find a video of him, only pics

Let us know if he looks like he has quick feet
He is a year away,but I think The Rams will bring him a long well.

oldnotdead

Legend
Early in camp coaches like to see guys that might be on the bubble play with the ones. Guys that they like but have issues like injury, i.e. guys like Kiser and Howard. That's not to say they won't make the team, but it will be a numbers game so they need to impress. They know what Reeder and Young can and can't do. So they are looking at different combinations to give them their chances. IMO this is exactly how it should work.

That said we shouldn't make too much of it so early. Preseason games are more telling. The Rams don't play ones or guys that are a lock to make the roster. Those guys playing are playing for a spot on the roster. The exception is oftentimes QBs who need the game work, and second unit OL who also need the game work. But for most WRs, RBs, and defensive players it is significant.

The Rams use their second unit guys in pre-season like most teams use their ones. They will get some game exposure early then the guys that are lower on the roster list begin to be rotated in. That will tell you more about who is or isn't likely to make the roster. Most of the guys in the last game aren't going to make the cut. There might be one or two that do but most won't. They will be playing to give them film for when they go shopping themselves to other teams. A whole lot of teams are going to snap up Ram releases like the Chargers, and Detroit especially.