Camp Report 8/14/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A320driver

Rookie
I'll be in the Dome watching today..I'll get to see it first hand I guess.
Not wanting to see any of our guys do poorly !

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'll be in the Dome watching today..I'll get to see it first hand I guess.
Not wanting to see any of our guys do poorly !
Soooooo how did Mr Hooey look in person? Because on tv he looked really really bad.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Soooooo how did Mr Hooey look in person? Because on tv he looked really really bad.
He actually looked ok at RT which is where he's been getting ALL of his reps. He is not and won't be a LT.

A320driver

Rookie
Actually your right!, At the very end of the game he was pretty gassed and imploded at LT.
No excuses! Even though he got a tremendous amount of reps two weeks in a row he's a pro, and that's what they want him to be ..a swing tackle who can be relied upon to play both sides !
Right now he's a very reliable fill for Barksdale, but needs more time to become the Swing tackle they want him to be...gotta agree with Coach O though!...he played well against there really good guys at RT and even pancaked a guy, and held Perry off of Sean Hill all night!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Another question for you, and I am pretty sure I already know the answer but am asking just in case.

Has JLau played any snaps at OLB in any packages before he got hurt in training camp? I know if he had you would of mentioned it but still asking. Just a small curiousity.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Another question for you, and I am pretty sure I already know the answer but am asking just in case.

Has JLau played any snaps at OLB in any packages before he got hurt in training camp? I know if he had you would of mentioned it but still asking. Just a small curiousity.
None

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Coach O was right on point with Offensive Lineman Mike Person, he's a jack of all trades and has not looked out of place anywhere he has played thus far and that is what it takes to make a football team. Looking forward to Bradford today and hoping to get in the win column for the people who attend the game.
If you are talking about RT, I'm thinking Sean Hooey gets the first nod. They seem to like what he brings, and the kid has made some nice strides in camp this year. Boudreau seems to like the tall tackles, with the reach hat Hooey at 6'9 can provide. While he can at times have problems with a speed rush, being on the right side, he isn't as likely to come up against that quite as much as he would on the left.

Hooey is So much as Gone !!! He looks horrible the last 2 weeks.Persons is the man.He is playing Lg,then LT, & finished the work load at center,because Barret Jones will probably be put on the pup list.You had to know something was up after that move.
Thanks for all your responses.
Crazy how Pead has been injuried on & off,Saffold always getting injuried,& Jones.Same as Wells.Makes me wonder about Jake Long as well.My point is injury prone.Sam can be added to the list.
Injuries happen but it makes one think The Rams will have to keep an extra Offensive lineman.
I think that the 2 Lineman drafted go on practice squad for sure with Hooey getting cut.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Hooey is So much as Gone !!! He looks horrible the last 2 weeks.Persons is the man.He is playing Lg,then LT, & finished the work load at center,because Barret Jones will probably be put on the pup list.You had to know something was up after that move.
Thanks for all your responses.
Crazy how Pead has been injuried on & off,Saffold always getting injuried,& Jones.Same as Wells.Makes me wonder about Jake Long as well.My point is injury prone.Sam can be added to the list.
Injuries happen but it makes one think The Rams will have to keep an extra Offensive lineman.
I think that the 2 Lineman drafted go on practice squad for sure with Hooey getting cut.
First of all, the PUP list is for guys who have not practiced or appeared in training camp, so that is not anoption for Barrett Jones. He will have to be....1) be placed on IR, which ends his season, 2 ) designated as THE guy for return from IR, 3) kept on the 53 man roster, with the mindset that he can return in October.

Second of all, you are jumping the gun on Hooey. I am not ready to say he WILL be on the roster, but I am surely not gonna say they will cut him.

Wells has NOT missed training camp THIS YEAR due to any injury. No lingering effects from the leg and foot injuries of the past. He had an illness prior to camp starting, which he had to recover from, and get his strength back. Not really worried about him.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
First of all, the PUP list is for guys who have not practiced or appeared in training camp, so that is not anoption for Barrett Jones. He will have to be....1) be placed on IR, which ends his season, 2 ) designated as THE guy for return from IR, 3) kept on the 53 man roster, with the mindset that he can return in October.

Second of all, you are jumping the gun on Hooey. I am not ready to say he WILL be on the roster, but I am surely not gonna say they will cut him.

Wells has NOT missed training camp THIS YEAR due to any injury. No lingering effects from the leg and foot injuries of the past. He had an illness prior to camp starting, which he had to recover from, and get his strength back. Now really worried about him.

I assume you mean not worried. As you well know he played yesterday.