Cam Newton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams D gonna eat his ass with fava beans.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Cam playing on one leg is basically pouring gravy on him and telling Aaron Donald it's dinner time.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton injures foot in third preseason game, wearing boot after game

Doesn’t sound good for Riverboat Ron’s men.

By 3k@3k_
1566539800548.png

The Los Angeles Rams play the Carolina Panthers in Week 1 of the regular season in a little more than two weeks.
Tonight, Panthers QB Cam Newton injured his foot against the New England Patriots in the Panthers’ third preseason game. Afterward, Panthers Head Coach Ron Rivera didn’t offer any updates save for that Newton was wearing a protective boot:

Ron Rivera: Cam is in a walking boot. All I can tell you.
— Max Henson (@PanthersMax) August 23, 2019
Ron Rivera says Cam Newton is in a walking boot. Doesn’t know severity of injury because he won’t ask trainers until after meeting w media.
— Joe Person (@josephperson) August 23, 2019
The early word on #Panthers QB Cam Newton, who left the preseason game with a foot injury: It doesn’t appear to be serious, source said. Newton left in a walking boot, which can be used as a precaution. He may get tests tomorrow, regardless.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 23, 2019
We’ll have to see what Rivera and the Panthers disclose if anything this weekend, but there’s no requirement to disclose anything. The first injury report isn’t due until Wednesday prior to Week 1 in less than two weeks.

After starting 6-2 last season, the Panthers finished 1-7 including a six-game losing streak as Newton’s shoulder bothered him. He eventually bowed out skipping the last two contests before having surgery in January. While reports have suggested his shoulder is in good shape again, this foot injury along with ankle tendon issues that required surgery in March 2014 and previously broken vertebrae from a car crash in 2014 as well as rib and throwing hand issues, UNDERSTANDABLY, have Panthers fans concerned.

Newton was one of several notable players hurt in this third week of the preseason. His teammate and the Panthers’ second-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft OT Greg Little was carted off; it sounds like he’s being placed in the concussion protocol. Green Bay Packers rookie Rashan Gary, their first-round pick in the 2019 draft, was also carted off after what looked like a head or neck injury. And Washington Tight End Employers TE Jordan Reed was also removed from the game due to concussion which is the seventh of his career.

The Rams won’t play any starters on Saturday against the Denver Broncos in the Rams’ third preseason gams, though some starting-adjacent players like RB Darrell Henderson, DL Jonathan Franklin-Myers, DL Sebastian Joseph-Day and S Taylor Rapp are expected to be play after ILB Micah Kiser injured his pec last weekend and will likely miss the entire 2019 season.

We’ll keep tabs on Cam to see how things are tracking heading toward Week 1.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’ve never been the biggest Cam Newton fan. He’s always been too “pouty” for me.

Laughing one minute. Hanging his head the next.

I can see it now... he just came off shoulder surgery, with this ankle injury... If Carolina gets off to slow start... wouldn’t surprise me if he pouts the season away.

Did I say I wasn’t a fan? :censored:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve never been the biggest Cam Newton fan. He’s always been too “pouty” for me.

I can see it now... he just came off shoulder surgery, with this ankle injury... If Carolina gets off to slow start... wouldn’t surprise me if he pouts the season away.

What’s your take on Bortles?? The Rams are taking precautions . McVays theory I believe is finding & building depth while also protecting from injuries.

Still can’t believe he put Gurley back in the Philly game last season.. Thinking about it sort of blows my mind , especially after seeing how he protects players during practice in preseason games .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wish Cam Newton the best and a speedy recovery so he's ready for week 2 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
TE Jordan Reed was also removed from the game due to concussion which is the seventh of his career.

It's time to retire. In fact it may even be too late.

I can't stand him. He's been a spoiled brat since college when his father sold him to a college for 100K and donation to his church. Some really sketchy religion there I'd say if he commits a felony on behalf of his son.

Plus the Superman antics are offputting. And the stupid fucking "look at me" outfits at pressers.

And the fact that he isn't really that good but gets a shit ton of hype.

He was #1 overall and has been an average QB. As in really average.

And this..........

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I dont care if the guy is in our out for the game, hes not a very good QB. If you keep him in the pocket hes very mediocre

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Fear. The Rams can (and should) beat Cam & the Panthers straight up. Get well Cam, your ass beating is coming hard in the paint!
vxLa1po.gif

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know if its serious enough to keep him out for our game with them. But a little over two weeks isn't much time to completely heal. Ankle sprains pretty much cool down after about a week but they do limit your movements for a few more weeks. If nothing else, it might take away from his ability to run with the ball. Which would make him a pocket passer. I don't view him as anything more than an average pocket passer. What makes him dangerous is his ability to run.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Honestly, rest him. Panthers may not beat us without the help of Vinovich. Don't want to see a former probowler hurt themself even more when rest may be the best recovery option.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cam Newton's status for Week 1 vs. Rams in question due to ankle injury
usatsi_13245418.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | 3 hours ago

As if anyone needed more evidence for why Sean McVay is smart to rest his starters in the preseason, we got another example on Thursday night. Cam Newton left the Panthers’ game against the Patriots early with an ankle injury and was unable to return.
After the game, he was seen in a walking boot, which is never a good sign for a player. Newton’s X-rays came back clean, but he’s not out of the woods yet. With Week 1 just two weeks away, his status for that game against the Rams is certainly in question.

According to ESPN, it’s believed to be a sprained ankle for Newton.
The Panthers will learn more on Friday, but the team is holding its breath that the injury isn’t serious.
“We’re hoping it is not too bad,” Panthers general manager Marty Hurney said after the game. “We’ll find out more (on Friday). But I hope it’s not too bad.”
Newton is as important to his team as anyone in the NFL. The Panthers offense is opened up when he’s on the field, which is not the case when Kyle Allen and Will Grier are out there.

His status will be closely monitored over the next two weeks as we approach the season opener. The Panthers host the Rams on Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. ET.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Cam may be borderline Bi-polar but I know he’s had a chip on his shoulder ever since he got that payout from leaving Auburn.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Cam Newton out of walking boot

Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said on Saturday that he expected quarterback Cam Newton back on the field soonafter he sprained his foot in last Thursday’s game against New England and Sunday brought reason to believe that will be the case.

Multiple reporters at the Panthers facility reported that Newton is out of the walking boot that he’d been wearing since suffering the injury.

“It means he’s progressing,” Rivera said, via Jourdan Rodrigue of TheAthletic.com.

Rodrigue reported on Saturday that Newton could do something in practice on Monday. Sunday’s development makes that and Newton’s availability for Week One seem like pretty solid bets, although one would imagine the Panthers will be cautious in order to make sure all remains well with the quarterback.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Cam Newton out of walking boot

Panthers head coach Ron Rivera said on Saturday that he expected quarterback Cam Newton back on the field soonafter he sprained his foot in last Thursday’s game against New England and Sunday brought reason to believe that will be the case.

Multiple reporters at the Panthers facility reported that Newton is out of the walking boot that he’d been wearing since suffering the injury.

“It means he’s progressing,” Rivera said, via Jourdan Rodrigue of TheAthletic.com.

Rodrigue reported on Saturday that Newton could do something in practice on Monday. Sunday’s development makes that and Newton’s availability for Week One seem like pretty solid bets, although one would imagine the Panthers will be cautious in order to make sure all remains well with the quarterback.

The Panthers are stupid if they let Cam practice this week. It appeared that he injured his foot just scrambling, I would think stepping wrong just jogging could aggravate the injury.