Calijah Kancey (DL / Pittsburgh)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, you're NOT coming around to Calijah Kancey ... Make-up your mind!

By-the-way, wasn't John Randle also an UDFA?
I don’t recall. I think he was.

I’m just not sold. If you have read many of my posts regarding drafting, then you’d know that I don’t like using high picks on risky or injured players. TuTu is a good example. He got it done in college but his size just isn’t made for the NFL. I prefer to play it safe. Maybe I’d be okay with Kancey, in the 4th round if they have multiple picks. Maybe even in round 3 if they have multiple picks in that round. Right now that sounds too high.

We haven’t even gotten to free agency. If they sign Gaines or AShawn I’d rather higher picks used at positions where players are more urgently needed, like Edge, Oline, TE, Safety, or even Corner. Bobby and Ernest Brown barely even see the field at DT.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams are in need of pass rushers....everyone will agree.....does not matter where they play in the front five. If you want to turn this team around fast pick them as soon as you can.

PR's can usually make their pressence felt in the first rookie season unlike waiting 4 yrs for an OL'er to become effective & then loose them to Free Agency.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kancey ran really well yesterday. His Forty and 10-yard-split were elite. Curious about his Bench Reps. Disappointed not to see him do any of the D-Line-drills. Unlikely to be available at #36.

When I started this thread back in mid-January, I noted that I am NOT a fan of Highlight Tape because it can be very miss-leading. However, Kancey's highlights were amazing in my opinion.

Was Not THEN, and am Not NOW comparing him to Aaron Donald. Just noting some elite traits.

Also thought he looked a little pudgy yesterday ... I am a little pudgy, so I know PUDGY!.