C Garrett Bradbury NC State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was able to chat with Torry Holt on his Twitter Live chat last week about Garret Bradbury. Said he was a converted TE so he has excellent movement skills for a C. I wouldn't mind him at all. Just depends on how much Kromer likes Brian Allen IMO. We'll find out by round 3.

I think Kromer just about has Allen plunged in at center !! Bradbury is a very interesting prospect. Concern to me is depth & size. I think a guard/tackle would be best.
Kromer is an excellent teacher & talent evaluator .

Chris Lindstrom might be the better fit ?? Rumor is he interviewed really well at the combine & was excellent at Senior Bowl.
Blythe plays center as well.
Then again Jamil Demby has room to grow as a player ?? Kromer has an idea of the direction he wants to go. Has had an excellent handle on it all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not sure where you get that BradBURY has projected All Pro talent. That's not what NFL.com has him rated at. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/garrett-bradbury?id=32194252-4109-2951-18e8-697b9ff5297c

They say he has a good chance to become an immediate starter, but are negative on his size and a few other things.

Look - he's a good prospect - NOT a projected All Pro. As I've argued, the Rams have many needs that are more important - and harder to fill - than center, since Allen actually played well in a small sample size last season. Ditching those needs to upgrade a young guy that the team feels is ready to start is not good roster management. Because of the many large contracts, and the trading of a large number of high picks, the Rams have limited resources to fill holes. Using the first first round pick of McVay's tenure to upgrade a player that played solidly his rookie season according to almost everybody but you is not good roster management, but more roster churning when the team has need to get the next man up at CB, safety, Edge, DT, Guard, OT (at least backup), ILB. They also need a young QB to develop for backup, since Bortles will only be with the team one season. Oh, and TE since Higbee is a free agent after this season, and most TEs take a little while to develop.

You make some solid points, but are way off on needs !!

Safety ??? Maybe in later rounds, unless there is a new concept on Wades defensive thinking ?? A backup QB ?? Well that would have to a total value pick !!
ILB ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
i get all that but people here overrated him imo. The team just lost Saffold, is likely losing Whitworth soon. Blythe was exposed. They have Allen and Noteboom to cover Possibly four positions soon. Groy is a good back up. They say they like Allen. I don't think they like him as much as they imply. Maybe he just needed Kromer's coaching, but I never saw anything special in him at college.

Allen got a lot of first team Reps & came in for him against the Bears.He held his on for a series against an excellent defense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fine, you don't like him. Others disagree, apparently also the Rams, who haven't made any obvious attempts to replace him with a vet. They also don't seem to be having a lot of centers visit. Has Bradbury visited the Rams? I'd think if they were considering him in the first that would have occurred.

Did Noteboom visit last season ?? McCoy is coming in for a visit & seems more versatile than Bradbury!!
It is all up for debate, but I could see The Rams going in that direction with the first pick .

McCoy is coming out early ,so as a first rd draft pick a 5th year might a need.Might not be a plug and play?
Kromer has an idea of who he wants.If McCoy is coming in for a visit there is a good reason.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Allen got a lot of first team Reps & came in for him against the Bears.He held his on for a series against an excellent defense.

A series here and there is not an indicator. Seasons are long and teams learn weaknesses. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not sure where you get that BradBURY has projected All Pro talent. That's not what NFL.com has him rated at. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/garrett-bradbury?id=32194252-4109-2951-18e8-697b9ff5297c

They say he has a good chance to become an immediate starter, but are negative on his size and a few other things.

Look - he's a good prospect - NOT a projected All Pro. As I've argued, the Rams have many needs that are more important - and harder to fill - than center, since Allen actually played well in a small sample size last season. Ditching those needs to upgrade a young guy that the team feels is ready to start is not good roster management. Because of the many large contracts, and the trading of a large number of high picks, the Rams have limited resources to fill holes. Using the first first round pick of McVay's tenure to upgrade a player that played solidly his rookie season according to almost everybody but you is not good roster management, but more roster churning when the team has need to get the next man up at CB, safety, Edge, DT, Guard, OT (at least backup), ILB. They also need a young QB to develop for backup, since Bortles will only be with the team one season. Oh, and TE since Higbee is a free agent after this season, and most TEs take a little while to develop.

You apparently don't read all of my posts. That aside, I think Bradberry has All Pro potential, and have read a few other sites that agree that he will be a ten yea starter. If you don't think there is need along the OLine in the next year or two, then I don't know why I'm discussing this with you.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You apparently don't read all of my posts. That aside, I think Bradberry has All Pro potential, and have read a few other sites that agree that he will be a ten yea starter. If you don't think there is need along the OLine in the next year or two, then I don't know why I'm discussing this with you.

I also would not be shocked if the Rams traded down into the 2nd round and selected Chris Lindstrom of Boston College and started him at RG and had Brian Allen & Austin Blythe battle it out at Center.

As to Bradbury, I think he's going to be very good, but IMO, he'll be a Chief. And if Lawrence is there, Rams will draft him or Wilkins, but if not, IMO, they could trade down and I believe Lindstrom is on their radar.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You make some solid points, but are way off on needs !!

Safety ??? Maybe in later rounds, unless there is a new concept on Wades defensive thinking ?? A backup QB ?? Well that would have to a total value pick !!
ILB ??

I said safety, because they clearly are looking at safety based on visits and interviews. Weddle is old, and the players behind Johnson and Weddle are less than impressive.

Backup QB - it takes a while to develop QBs, especially ones that aren't top prospects. They have Bortles for a year only, so they need to start developing one now.

ILB - they don't have any beyond Matthews who actually played in games, excepting special teams. They made noises about liking Kiser to start - but did not play him last season. And about a week or so after they said they'd be fine with him starting, they signed Matthews to at least partially take snaps from him.

I wouldn't expect ILB or backup QB to be a first round pick. Likely not thirds, unless someone they really like falls to them. But I would be surprised if they didn't take one or the other at some point.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You apparently don't read my posts. I have repeatedly and consistently said they need a tackle backup who can become a starting guard in 2020, and quite possibly need another starting guard by 2020. With those needs, it's not practical to upgrade a center they claim to be happy with, especially using the only first they've had in the three drafts since McVay came on the scene. Both CBs are free agents after this season. Their new safety is old - they are looking at FS, seemingly ones who can play nickel. Their best edge rusher is a free agent after this season. Suh is gone, and Brockers is a free agent next season, so DT is in the mix. It'd be great if the Rams could upgrade every position, but it's just not practical. They could be wrong about Allen, but at least he's gotten gameplay and was a starter every Wednesday in practice, so they have some info about his likely performance.

And you apparently read about him at sites that can't spell his name. It's Bradbury - Garrett Bradbury.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You apparently don't read my posts. I have repeatedly and consistently said they need a tackle backup who can become a starting guard in 2020, and quite possibly need another starting guard by 2020. With those needs, it's not practical to upgrade a center they claim to be happy with, especially using the only first they've had in the three drafts since McVay came on the scene. Both CBs are free agents after this season. Their new safety is old - they are looking at FS, seemingly ones who can play nickel. Their best edge rusher is a free agent after this season. Suh is gone, and Brockers is a free agent next season, so DT is in the mix. It'd be great if the Rams could upgrade every position, but it's just not practical. They could be wrong about Allen, but at least he's gotten gameplay and was a starter every Wednesday in practice, so they have some info about his likely performance.

And you apparently read about him at sites that can't spell his name. It's Bradbury - Garrett Bradbury.

It’s okay if people don’t agree with you. I’d take BPA, which is also something they keep saying. Move Allen to guard, or if I’m right about him keep him at backup.

There are needs all over the place. And if Center and RG were a bit better maybe Goff would have more time to find targets in the Super Bowl. If Allen is so good then why didn’t they pull Sullivan in that game and insert Allen? To me it seems they felt Sullivan was the better option...all year long, even toward the end of the season, and they released him.

Right now there are so many future needs that it really looks like they have a one year window. Then they will need to do some retooling to make it back to possible Super Bowl contention. Right now as the roster is today, Oline is the biggest concern along with edge rusher. The defense didn’t flounder in the SB. It was the offense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I also would not be shocked if the Rams traded down into the 2nd round and selected Chris Lindstrom of Boston College and started him at RG and had Brian Allen & Austin Blythe battle it out at Center.

As to Bradbury, I think he's going to be very good, but IMO, he'll be a Chief. And if Lawrence is there, Rams will draft him or Wilkins, but if not, IMO, they could trade down and I believe Lindstrom is on their radar.

Or he’ll be a Panther. If he’s there at 31 he should be in the BPA discussion.

I agree that trading down is a good possibility but if some of the names we are tossing around are on the board, I’d be disappointed if they passed

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Did Noteboom visit last season ?? McCoy is coming in for a visit & seems more versatile than Bradbury!!
It is all up for debate, but I could see The Rams going in that direction with the first pick .

I don't think we can really read into the visits too much. Teams notoriously don't have visits from guys they are highest on and do the subterfuge thing. Didn't the Rams do that with Gurley?

Probably better to focus on the guys who fit our scheme and who played well during Senior Bowl practices. That tends to be the combo that Les goes with regardless of whether we actually interviewed them. Bradbury not being on the list might mean they think he's gone or they don't want to tip their hand, even though I am sure if a team wants him they'll be looking to trade ahead of us from round 2 to snap him up. And of course that goes for some of the edge or DL fits like Lawrence.

This is why I think if a guy they really want gets close enough a trade up could happen. And of course a move down if they don't think the dropoff is all that great.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Look - he's a good prospect - NOT a projected All Pro. As I've argued, the Rams have many needs that are more important - and harder to fill - than center, since Allen actually played well in a small sample size last season.

I can't say whether the Rams will use pick #31 to draft C/G Bradbury. But to say he is not considered the top interior O-line prospect and potential All-Pro is a bit naive. You list only one source for your claim. I List the following ;

NFL Network:
1) Bucky Brooks lists him as his top C/G prospect
2) Danial Jeremiah lists him as the 18th best player of his top 50.
3) Lance Zierlein has Bradbury #22 overall in his latest Mock draft

The Draft Network . COM ( 4 scouts listed )
1) John Ledyard has him #6 on his TOp 200 board 2/26
2) Trevor Sikkema has him #41 on " " " 2/26
3) Kyle Crabbs has him #43 " " " 2/26
4) Joe Marino has him #11 " " " 2/25
All of these were before Bradbury had excellent testing at the Combine

2 of the guys @ CBS, R.J. White and Ryan Wilson had Bradbury @ 20 & 22 respectively in their Mock Drafts

Last, Matt Miller @ Bleacher Report has him @ 21 on his Big board

I'm not sure there is a positional group on the team that is any more important than the O-line. Offense, specifically point scoring is the Rams forte. The O-line gave holes for Gurley to run and allowed Goff time to pass. They have now lost 2/5th's of that line. The Rams have said , "We are happy to go into the offseason program with Noteboom and Allen as LG & Center". However, IMO, they may be leaving this out, "if a starting caliber player is not available in the Draft."
I will be one, and probably in the minority, that would very happy with the Rams selecting Bradbury early.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't think we can really read into the visits too much. Teams notoriously don't have visits from guys they are highest on and do the subterfuge thing. Didn't the Rams do that with Gurley?

Probably better to focus on the guys who fit our scheme and who played well during Senior Bowl practices. That tends to be the combo that Les goes with regardless of whether we actually interviewed them. Bradbury not being on the list might mean they think he's gone or they don't want to tip their hand, even though I am sure if a team wants him they'll be looking to trade ahead of us from round 2 to snap him up. And of course that goes for some of the edge or DL fits like Lawrence.

This is why I think if a guy they really want gets close enough a trade up could happen. And of course a move down if they don't think the dropoff is all that great.

My point for McCoy is he fits all the boxes.
It is always interesting how they go about things. I’m not a big fan of trading up unless it makes sense. To me trading up for Goff & not trading back with the Greg Robinson picks I was not a big fan of.The timing for Goff was right though.
Trading back for Ogletree I liked & trading up for Joyner I didn’t. Can’t believe The Rams franchised Joyner. Actually I can because The Rams needed bodies, then the trades for Talib & Peters happened.