C Garrett Bradbury NC State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Any thoughts on this guy?

Not seeing a lot of you mock him to us in rd #1 but NFL Network analysts are currently listing him as our pick in their current mock draft.

Looks like a solid pick for our zone heavy scheme.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can see this happening. Kromer is big on these types of players.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I was able to chat with Torry Holt on his Twitter Live chat last week about Garret Bradbury. Said he was a converted TE so he has excellent movement skills for a C. I wouldn't mind him at all. Just depends on how much Kromer likes Brian Allen IMO. We'll find out by round 3.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This guy would be a knock out pick. I don't know if he lasts until our pick.

I also think Kromer is very high on Allen so a guy like Bradbury may not be in the cards.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This guy would be a knock out pick. I don't know if he lasts until our pick.

I also think Kromer is very high on Allen so a guy like Bradbury may not be in the cards.

They'd have to be incredibly high on Bradbury to take a center. They have too many other needs in terms of guys to develop. They strongly need a Guard - or a tackle who can play guard. They obviously think they need a safety. A cornerback with a chance for a high end would be extremely nice. They need a DT. An edge rusher. I suspect they would like an RB and a QB to develop. A TE since Higbee is a free agent after this season, and they take a while to develop usually. Frankly, unless they are lying about liking Allen, center is way down the list of needs. They just don't have enough picks for the positions they need to develop. Center is ahead of punter for need, I suppose.

I'm still amazed at that mock that had the Rams taking a center in the first. I know it's hard to be familiar with every team, but didn't the writer think "The Rams wouldn't have cut Sullivan, unless they had some replacement in mind"?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They'd have to be incredibly high on Bradbury to take a center. They have too many other needs in terms of guys to develop. They strongly need a Guard - or a tackle who can play guard. They obviously think they need a safety. A cornerback with a chance for a high end would be extremely nice. They need a DT. An edge rusher. I suspect they would like an RB and a QB to develop. A TE since Higbee is a free agent after this season, and they take a while to develop usually. Frankly, unless they are lying about liking Allen, center is way down the list of needs. They just don't have enough picks for the positions they need to develop. Center is ahead of punter for need, I suppose.

I'm still amazed at that mock that had the Rams taking a center in the first. I know it's hard to be familiar with every team, but didn't the writer think "The Rams wouldn't have cut Sullivan, unless they had some replacement in mind"?

Sullivan was done. He wasn't worth keeping. Drafting a Center like Bradberry makes sense. If they let Allen start they need an experienced backup that can play multiple positions on the line. Draft Bradberry and Allen is still that versatile backup, who can play guard and center. Or he could beat out Blythe and Blythe becomes the backup.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not convinced that Allen is a capable guard. Drafting another center means that they don't think Allen is a capable center either - despite his play last season and what they've said about him this offseason.

It's not that Bradbury isn't a good center prospect - it's that between their cap situation and having traded multiple picks already, there is not a ton of ways to fill the holes that they have and will have within a season. There will be other good players who actually are needed more - assuming that they believe that Allen is ready to start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kromer has made a career out of developing quality starters from the mid rounds. That's why I'm not in favor of jumping on an interior OL in the first round.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
OL is gonna have good value at the very least at 31 IMO. Question is what else will be there. And will Les' phone be ringing with trade down offers he can't pass up.

Right now I sort of look at the OL fits for us at 31 (Bradbury & McCoy) as the fallback plan if they don't like the other options, because probably one of them will be there. You have three strong tackle prospects (Taylor/Williams/Risner) who some teams might be looking at as starters at OG too. Then four good interior OL types (Ford/Bradbury/Lindstrom/McCoy) I mean how many OL do you guys think are going to go in round one?

And basically if that many OL go off the board, not to mention along with what looks like maybe a few QBs, we are definitely gonna have someone slide to us. Don't know about you guys but that is exciting to think about. I think we're sitting pretty good with needs vs draft strengths, where if the edge types go off too fast we'll have something else we really want there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kromer has made a career out of developing quality starters from the mid rounds. That's why I'm not in favor of jumping on an interior OL in the first round.

Yeah I'm honestly expecting Snead to drop down into round 2. Only thing that might stop that is the quality of player who is there at 31, so if someone with really good value slides that obviously would prevent that. Like Lawrence for example, who I would think the Rams really like barring interviews and whatnot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I concur here and I also believe Kromer likes Brian Allen. I could see the Rams drafting Michael Jordan from Ohio State, who played Tackle & Center in college, but translates to Guard at the next level with his size at 6'6 312 or as you had in your mock, Nate Davis of Charlotte at 6'3 315 another tackle, that will play Guard in the NFL, both of those guys going in the 4th IMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hopefully we find our future LG this draft.
I'm not sure how much more Whit wants to play.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Bradbury is a great prospect, but there’s no way we spend the capital next month on him. Too early, when we can be filling a much more pressing need. Sign Groy for a year for about $2 mill and call it a day.

Trade down, acquire an extra pick and fill a spot on D!

Ram65

Legend
Rams will go with Allen at OC so Bradbury would be overkill. They do need depth so expect later round pick(s) for the offensive line and maybe a value veteran signing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Well, Bradberry very well could be BPA at 31. Supposedly, Snead and McVay want to go BPA. The other point is that Sullivan was a former All Pro. He had a great career, and they liked his smarts at Center. If they put a high value on the Center position then Bradberry is a no brainer. McCoy was on the visit list. Maybe they think they can trade their first round pick and still land someone like him.

I have no faith in Allen.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bradbury is a great prospect, but there’s no way we spend the capital next month on him. Too early, when we can be filling a much more pressing need. Sign Groy for a year for about $2 mill and call it a day.

Trade down, acquire an extra pick and fill a spot on D!

Groy? Yeah, he's in high demand. Why is he so popular here?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Bradberry very well could be BPA at 31. Supposedly, Snead and McVay want to go BPA. The other point is that Sullivan was a former All Pro. He had a great career, and they liked his smarts at Center. If they put a high value on the Center position then Bradberry is a no brainer. McCoy was on the visit list. Maybe they think they can trade their first round pick and still land someone like him.

I have no faith in Allen.

All indications are that they have a lot of faith in Allen. I don't know if that's true or not, but those are the current indications. I also doubt Bradberry is BPA, but then again, I'm a big fan of Polite and Adderley.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
All indications are that they have a lot of faith in Allen. I don't know if that's true or not, but those are the current indications. I also doubt Bradberry is BPA, but then again, I'm a big fan of Polite and Adderley.

i really like Adderly too. Politte, is too risky for me. He doesn't seem to be the high character type that McVay prefers either. But, I guess it all comes down to how badly they want an edge rusher.

If Bradberry was still around at 31 I think he would definitely be BPA. He likely doesn't make it to the Rams.

Last edited: