C/G Mike Pollak available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
yes i do - you could easily make the same comparison to kendall langford last year before drafting aaron donald

if the rams draft a "versatile lineman" or a tackle - better believe they're going to look for the best one to start at LT... really not that different from the Jason Smith and Rodger Saffold draft
They are definitely going to draft the best OL they can. But that still doesn't mean we have a hole where GR is. If we end up drafting an amazing LT, no one would hesitate throwing GR on the right side.

iced

I see no similarity between the Langford/Donald and GR/New Guy. Langford was a former FA pickup whose game was going south (IMO) and GR was the #2 pick in the draft in his rookie year. No comparison in my mind.

Comparison is in that while currently playing at an serviceable level it can also be upgraded

I agree with you that a player, no matter where he was drafted, has to earn his starting role and your Smith/Saffold analogy is a good one. Although to be fair, Smith sucked from the get go. I think you're forgetting that we drafted Saffold because we needed a RT and not necessarily because we needed competition for Smith. We might do the same this year and I'd be fine with that.

And we'll be drafting more than likely a Tackle or Guard with the idea of getting the best 5 on the line - of the linemen, only saffold has a position locked. Robinson's name at LT is written in Pencil, not Pen.

iced

They are definitely going to draft the best OL they can. But that still doesn't mean we have a hole where GR is. If we end up drafting an amazing LT, no one would hesitate throwing GR on the right side.

throwing him at RG i'd hope.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I do not think LT is a position that we can define as a hole. You can share your opinion that he isn't a quality LT, but that is a different debate. I see 4 or 5 holes, with 2 of them being 2nd stringers that are capable of pushing for starting gigs. This is of course on the assumption that Wells and Long are released. Those positions then become, Center, Left Guard, Right Tackle, Swing Tackle, and backup Guard.

I'm sorry, I read all your posts in the voice of Ron Swanson :ROFLMAO:
upload_2015-2-22_18-42-14.jpeg
images

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Wells and Joseph might have been the 2 worst starting players in the NFL last year. To make matters worse, they represented 40% of the Rams O-Line. I'm calling out the coaching staff on this one. G-Rob was always a better option at guard than Joseph. If he wasn't, then why did they burn the second pick in the draft on him? Jones only had the KC game as a sampling size, but he looked to be worlds ahead of Wells!

I still have high hopes for Jones and Person. I think Rainey could sneak into a spot as well. Again, if the coaching staff wants to continue to start inferior players, you will have an inferior team. Just because a guy has been in the league for 10 years and a long time ago made a Probowl doesn't mean they can still play! I hope Coach "Boo" doesn't hit the snooze alarm this year and just plug in guys who people have heard of. If that is not what he did last year, I would love to hear his justification for playing those two clowns! Also, almost every rookie left tackle struggles to some degree. I suspect Robinson will hit the ground running this year and turn into a top tier option.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Wells and Joseph might have been the 2 worst starting players in the NFL last year. To make matters worse, they represented 40% of the Rams O-Line. I'm calling out the coaching staff on this one. G-Rob was always a better option at guard than Joseph. If he wasn't, then why did they burn the second pick in the draft on him? Jones only had the KC game as a sampling size, but he looked to be worlds ahead of Wells!

I still have high hopes for Jones and Person. I think Rainey could sneak into a spot as well. Again, if the coaching staff wants to continue to start inferior players, you will have an inferior team. Just because a guy has been in the league for 10 years and a long time ago made a Probowl doesn't mean they can still play! I hope Coach "Boo" doesn't hit the snooze alarm this year and just plug in guys who people have heard of. If that is not what he did last year, I would love to hear his justification for playing those two clowns! Also, almost every rookie left tackle struggles to some degree. I suspect Robinson will hit the ground running this year and turn into a top tier option.

I've got to agree, from what we've seen from Jones, he IS better than Wells, I'm just hoping this year he gets to start, and stay there.