Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I would not draft Sweat until our round 5 pick, if he were still to be on the board. No way I'd risk a round 2 or 3 pick on him. Uncontrolled weight surely has a high correlation with busting. Telling yourself you can change a player, who they are, that is the type of decision making that increases your bust likelihood. You are better off knocking him for that, and choosing another player who has the things that are hard to teach, like love of the game, self discipline, good conduct in society, etc.
You make a good argument for taking him off the board altogether. He's not a McSnead type player and won't fit the culture.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I left Yeast off on purpose b/c I think he's a JAG. He did start some but then got demoted from missing tackles. If he turns into more that will be bonus points for the '22 draft.

As is, they have one above average starter in Kyren and what should be at least an average starter in Lake. They say getting two starters from any draft class makes it a solid draft. Three or more starters or getting an elite player out of it is a great draft.
Agree, Yeast is a JAG. Durant didn't ascend. Can he this year, we'll see, if he doesn't he's a JAG too. Not so sure we don't even give him the time to develop more if we like a nickel corner in the draft.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Agree, Yeast is a JAG. Durant didn't ascend. Can he this year, we'll see, if he doesn't he's a JAG too. Not so sure we don't even give him the time to develop more if we like a nickel corner in the draft.
I agree that Durant may be a JAG too. I left him off that list because I think he played pretty well in the second half of last season and he and Lake were splitting time at nickel corner. Although I think by the end of the season Lake was getting more reps.

At any rate, it feels like they need more help at outside corner than at nickel corner. I'm wondering if they will even be looking for nickel CBs?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In Durant’s defense, he was being tested as the Star. It didn’t work. He is an outside corner.

He showed that he can cover in the past, but his tackling ability is concerning.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In Durant’s defense, he was being tested as the Star. It didn’t work. He is an outside corner.

He showed that he can cover in the past, but his tackling ability is concerning.
The last thing Covid Durant is a solid cover/outside CB.

He works best in the slot & Zone. -He is a ballhawk with good(excellent) hands.

There is a reason White & Williams were signed.Kendrick is an outside CB.He(they) both have 2 years on there contract. The question also about what position does Tre play ??

You say it yourself about Colbies tackling.When your a cover CB your up close to the line & having to come up & make a lot of one on one tackles. IMO he does ok in more of the open field where he has more help.

There’s going to be some good competition though.I think RAMS FANS are sleeping on Jason Taylor !! He is going to give Rust Yeast a run for his money .Karen Curl & Taylor are from the same hood which will bring them tight.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I believe tackling is much like fighting you have to have the want to inside of your mind set and then just learn and train the skills.