Buzz around NFL: Eagles won't keep Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I do. If Bradford doesn't play a single snap for the Eagles, that conditional pick we owe them becomes a third if I'm not mistaken. Did we then win the trade? I'd rather he stay with the eagles and not have to give them a premium pick.
That is the only question for me, how does this work out within all the complicated language of the trade. I don't really care about the rest. I will root for Sam though, wherever he is. Same as I did for Warner.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A trade up makes sense to me. The Rams needed a starter, and Foles fit the bill. They are ready to win now, and a rookie would take time to develop. Philly has a young veteran in Sanchez and can afford to take a shot on a rookie, especially one that already knows the offense. Tampa and Tennessee needs a quality starter, and a healthy Bradofrd is that. If Philly were to offer Bradford, their 20th pick and a pick in future pick...the deal should get done. If this were the NBA, it would have been a three team trade and would have ended in the type of result rumored.

I don't know why the Bucs and Titans would want a QB coming off an injury like Bradfords when they can easily just sit and pick Winston and Mariota, who are both healthy and both have a lot of upside.

I know if I was the GM of either team there would be absolutely NO WAY that I would bet on Sams knee at this point. No way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
wow, get Bradford to renegotiate his contract down and then dump him. Would Condon allow that to happen?

That would be very crappy manipulation of a player but The Rams would probably had done the same thing if Sam had renegotiated. They still would have traded him if the offer was good enough.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I don't understand this rumor. Philly already paid a steep price for Bradford. That's a lot to invest in someone without already having a deal in place.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That is the only question for me, how does this work out within all the complicated language of the trade. I don't really care about the rest. I will root for Sam though, wherever he is. Same as I did for Warner.
The answer is that no one really knows. I find it hard to believe that we would even offer a conditional pick that allowed the Eagles to trade Bradford and instantly get the pick. I tend to think the condition is relative to whatever team he is on. Meaning if he is on the Eagles, he needs to play 50% of the snaps, if he is on the Bucs he needs to play 50% of the snaps, or if he goes to the Titans he needs to play 50% of the snaps.

That is just my educated guess though. No one will be able to tell you the exact language involved in the trade.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
wow, get Bradford to renegotiate his contract down and then dump him. Would Condon allow that to happen?
I don't think the Eagles would want to do it. If they give Bradford any kind of a signing bonus, if they have true intentions of trading Sam that signing bonus would just be them negotiating dead money. If you recall Bradford had a cap hit while on the Rams was 16 million, with the eagles it is 13 million. We still have that extra 3 million on our books in dead money. Any signing bonus money would stay on the eagles books. So renegotiating while keeping the intent to trade him doesn't make a lot of sense.

A55VA6

Legend
Honestly, I think the Titans would be stupid to trade for Bradford unless they're going to get some great draft picks in the deal.

Big Willie

Starter
I don't know why the Bucs and Titans would want a QB coming off an injury like Bradfords when they can easily just sit and pick Winston and Mariota, who are both healthy and both have a lot of upside.

I know if I was the GM of either team there would be absolutely NO WAY that I would bet on Sams knee at this point. No way.
I guess time will tell.