CAMP REPORT Bubba's 29 July TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I can’t recall Evans EVER looking good in preseason. I know there was some buzz on him in his rookie campaign, but just didn’t see it—certainly not at OT. Edwards, neither, for that matter. I had always thought both were destined for Guards. I will admit, when both Edwards and Evans lined up together on the right side, looked decent enough. Depth. That’s Evans. I’m just not seeing him as a long time starter. Kinda the way blythe was. Great depth/spot starter, but too limited to be THE starter.
Your right OL'er Bobby Evans has never stood out @ any time @ any OL post period in the 3 previous OTA's/Training Camps & preseasons. The fact is he has looked just awful.

The only real good tape that we have seen from Evans was during the later part of his rookie 2019 season when he started 7 gms for Havenstein @ RT. Evans has started or finished a few gms @ OG in the regular season but his performance was poor.

To Evan's credit his 2019 seven gm starts were positive :thumbsup1:for a rookie OT in the NFL playing next to a rookie RG Edwards. However, that is now close to 3 yrs ago:not:. Evans was in poor physical condition very soft & lumpy the last few seasons too:(.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My guess is Evans is getting his last look early on in TC to see if he's worth keeping. So far he's mostly taken snaps at RT. Gonna keep a close eye on him today, as well as the rest of the backup OL.

Have to mention here I really like what I've been seeing from Aleric Jackson. He's been holding up very well against 1st team D.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My guess is Evans is getting his last look early on in TC to see if he's worth keeping. So far he's mostly taken snaps at RT. Gonna keep a close eye on him today, as well as the rest of the backup OL.

Have to mention here I really like what I've been seeing from Aleric Jackson. He's been holding up very well against 1st team D.

Rams training camp hot seat/L.A. could cut​

Bobby Evans is another 4th year yet to receive reports in camp. When asked by media about the starting RG spot, McVay signaled Coleman Shelton and Logan Bruss as the primary names.

Though the competition is far from being settled, the Evans experiment inside at guard might be over.

Is only other shot then remains at tackle where Noteboom, Havenstein, and AJ Jackson likely secure spots. If Evans can’t beat out Anchrum & Arcuri, he might be as good as gone.

Hot Seat Meter: 5/10

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I’m so interested in this and excited about his potential development. If you develop a UDFA into a good NFL starter at OT??? Incredible value.

Total tangent… I’ve been positive but cautious about Bruss… after reassessing the situation, including things like Whit coaching him one-on-one… I’m going to go ahead and stop worrying about the position. He’ll start and be good. No reason to believe he can’t. Prime college Oline program.. fantastic RAS, prototypical size & length and best support system a rookie could get.