CAMP REPORT Bubba's 29 July TC Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's the dish, Deion Sanders raved about Durant and that's all I need to understand Durant is a player.

I’ve always liked Troy Hill & wonder how he is doing. I’ll try to find Garrett as well. I liked to go watch the Bull Cage as I see it. The D-Line with there toys in like a corral.

What I’ll look for is the coaching staff as well to see what they are doing.

Not getting out there until the beginning of the week.. thanks again for those who post.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Give us a shout if you get to TC So Ram. VRF and I are looking forward to meeting you.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I realize it's early...... Coach Carberry has made a very good decision with our most senior reserve OL'er Bobby Evans, finally inserting him back in his natural OL position RT. Smart IMO there is no use in wasting his or BE's time elsewhere on his OL.

If these reports remain close as initially reported by my heroes @bubbaramfan & @VeteranRamFan where BE gets cemented back to his 2019 Ram rookie season position also his college position with 2nd team reps @ RT or even moving into the Swing OT position it's going to be very hard for the other OT's less experienced OT's like Max Pircher, Tremayne Anchrum, AJ Arcuri & Adrian Ealy to win that MR53 position over BE.

If let us say that AJ Arcuri is close in with the same TC & preseason grade as our 4th season BE then Snead has just showcased (for the rest of the NFL) a good young 4th yr experienced starting RT Bobby Evans to the rest of the NFL as possible 2022 future trade fodder.

This early information on where BE is working adds more kudos to our young OL coach Carberry from where I am standing!:thumbsup1:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yesterday's placement of backup OL I think is an early indication of who backups are at which OL position. Aleric Jackson took almost all snaps at LT with 2nd team. T Anchrum took most snaps at LG with 2nd team. B Evans the same at RT. Center and RG less so with several players being looked at there.

As some of you noticed, I am keeping close track of the OL. Will be doing the same today.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yesterday's placement of backup OL I think is an early indication of who backups are at which OL position. Aleric Jackson took almost all snaps at LT with 2nd team. T Anchrum took most snaps at LG with 2nd team. B Evans the same at RT. Center and RG less so with several players being looked at there.

As some of you noticed, I am keeping close track of the OL. Will be doing the same today.
Summarizing Threads first OL reports:

Tremayne Anchrum
is the primarily 2nd team LG with some RT. A question that I would ask Carberry (if I could) is TA out of the RG resolution.

Alaric Jackson is Coach Carberry's top Reserve LT.

Chandler Brewer is getting his usual diet of the diversity of mostly RG, RT with a brand new course @ center.

Jeremiah Kolone & Rookie Jack Snyder are getting reps @ the center only.

Coleman Shelton is primarily filling the vacant RG post with some center.

Adrian Ealy is not mentioned.

Rookie Logan Bruss is working just one post....RG with Shelton.

Rookie AJ Arcuri & Max Pircher are getting Swing OT reps.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Now dish on DeCobie Durant, guys!

Two picks for Cobie Durant's: Making a leaping grab, Durant got his first pick of camp by getting in front of a Matthew Stafford pass intended for Cooper Kupp near the sideline during team drills. Durant wasn't done, though. Shortly thereafter, he made another impressive grab picking off John Wolford during team drills.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Summarizing Threads first OL reports:

Tremayne Anchrum
is the primarily 2nd team LG with some RT. A question that I would ask Carberry (if I could) is TA out of the RG resolution.

Alaric Jackson is Coach Carberry's top Reserve LT.

Chandler Brewer is getting his usual diet of the diversity of mostly RG, RT with a brand new course @ center.

Jeremiah Kolone & Rookie Jack Snyder are getting reps @ the center only.

Coleman Shelton is primarily filling the vacant RG post with some center.

Adrian Ealy is not mentioned.

Rookie Logan Bruss is working just one post....RG with Shelton.

Rookie AJ Arcuri & Max Pircher are getting Swing OT reps.

Well from that perspective, Anchrum might be the Odd guy Out ? I’ve always liked Bobby Evans at RT.Just to think he was the starting LG against Green Bay at Lambo in 2021?

Who knows maybe a team will take a chance on Bobby Evans if he is a standout RT during the preseason.Why mess something up if it works.

—Bonifay’d I know your not a Fan of his,but that would be a case scenario
of a win win. Brewer imo from what your saying from above is Brewer & Shelton will be game day O’Lineman of the 48.Bruss starting & A.Jackson
the backup LT. Rams carry 8 or (9) of 53 (Arcuri) .

That is my prediction

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Two picks for Cobie Durant's: Making a leaping grab, Durant got his first pick of camp by getting in front of a Matthew Stafford pass intended for Cooper Kupp near the sideline during team drills. Durant wasn't done, though. Shortly thereafter, he made another impressive grab picking off John Wolford during team drills.

Merlin has been slamming the table for Durant being a starter from Day 1.
Ben Sko caught my eye last season.

Still early & Harris did not look as good in pads.He might want to go with a lighter(tighter) smaller Pads.

What about Fuller ?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Thank you for the camp updates. Love getting different perspectives of what's going on.

Repeating in the NFL is damn tough, but I love the position the Rams have put themselves in. With good health, sky is the limit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looking at the OL comments my concern would be backup RT. Talk about first world problems eh?

Would be nice to see Pircher or Arcuri show well there in the preseason games. And of the two Pircher is year two and should be ready to compete out there. The dude is big as hell and sure looks the part but can he get out there and do some good things.

Figure it is Evans job to lose over the three games but this is what I don't like. Just based on how shitty Evans was last preseason.

Lastly I am a bit disappointed that Anchrum isn't getting looks at RT. And in my head I keep hearing Kromer talking about him at LT and wonder if our new OL coach is more prone to keep the left and right side depth separated due to footwork.

Generally dealing with flipped footwork is not a big deal for some guys, while others have probs with it. But it is really early of course so not gonna read too much from it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Looking at the OL comments my concern would be backup RT. Talk about first world problems eh?

Would be nice to see Pircher or Arcuri show well there in the preseason games. And of the two Pircher is year two and should be ready to compete out there. The dude is big as hell and sure looks the part but can he get out there and do some good things.

Figure it is Evans job to lose over the three games but this is what I don't like. Just based on how shitty Evans was last preseason.

Lastly I am a bit disappointed that Anchrum isn't getting looks at RT. And in my head I keep hearing Kromer talking about him at LT and wonder if our new OL coach is more prone to keep the left and right side depth separated due to footwork.

Generally dealing with flipped footwork is not a big deal for some guys, while others have probs with it. But it is really early of course so not gonna read too much from it.

Watching Alaric Jackson will be one of my biggest focuses in preseason. He did a good job there last preseason.. but I'm hoping to see a guy who just completely dominates backups and holds his own against any starters thrown at him. He's got all the physical tools. I like that they're using him exclusively at LT for the moment and hope they keep doing that. If he's truly ready to be the #2 LT.. then they don't have to do any other position moves is Noteboom is injured.

Shelton is a really nice backup to have on the interior. A guy you feel decent about at center or guard.. but I want Bruss in there as the starter. He's just a much more impressive body.

I'm fascinated by Pircher and Arcuri.. just because they're both so fucking big. If the Rams could, somehow, develop someone close to Havenstein for next season, that would save the team more than 10-million on the cap. We'll see.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I realize it's early...... Coach Carberry has made a very good decision with our most senior reserve OL'er Bobby Evans, finally inserting him back in his natural OL position RT. Smart IMO there is no use in wasting his or BE's time elsewhere on his OL.

If these reports remain close as initially reported by my heroes @bubbaramfan & @VeteranRamFan where BE gets cemented back to his 2019 Ram rookie season position also his college position with 2nd team reps @ RT or even moving into the Swing OT position it's going to be very hard for the other OT's less experienced OT's like Max Pircher, Tremayne Anchrum, AJ Arcuri & Adrian Ealy to win that MR53 position over BE.

If let us say that AJ Arcuri is close in with the same TC & preseason grade as our 4th season BE then Snead has just showcased (for the rest of the NFL) a good young 4th yr experienced starting RT Bobby Evans to the rest of the NFL as possible 2022 future trade fodder.

This early information on where BE is working adds more kudos to our young OL coach Carberry from where I am standing!:thumbsup1:

I don't know Boni, we agree on so much dealing with our O & D Lines, but this does seem like a bit of fluff with Bobby Evans considering his play over the last 2 years. I do agree though that putting him back at RT may be his best opportunity to rehabilitate his status with the team. I personally don't see him with any trade value at this point, and his competition may be as deep as we've seen in awhile, but I still wish him success, although he will really have to bring 'it' to impress. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't know Boni, we agree on so much dealing with our O & D Lines, but this does seem like a bit of fluff with Bobby Evans considering his play over the last 2 years. I do agree though that putting him back at RT may be his best opportunity to rehabilitate his status with the team. I personally don't see him with any trade value at this point, and his competition may be as deep as we've seen in awhile, but I still wish him success, although he will really have to bring 'it' to impress. jmo.
I am very positive this morning on Evans sitting in my cold man cave eating a big breakfast my wife fixed for me......but after a few hours working out in the burning :fire1:steamy :hot:sweltering Florida sun I am sure it will not be long before I will be throwing him in the :crap:garbage can once again.

oldnotdead

Legend
As expected Durant is flashing at CB. Again I expect him to take that #3 CB spot by the end of the season. With Kendrick also flashing, it will be easy to let Long walk and become a comp pick at the end of the season. Kendrick is a zone CB, he lacks the speed of Durant which gives him his versatility. It's why I said prior, that next year Ramsey, Rochell, Durant, and Kendrick will be the core CBs next season. I think Troy Hill will play that #4 zone CB role this year allowing them to develop Kendrick.

It's still too early to say how the OL will shake out. But IMO Jackson is clearly the swing OT this year and probably takes over RT next year. That would make Arcuri the swing OT next year. I like the fact they are transitioning Snyder to C. He will give them a good backup at OG/C. Snyder was a steal as a UDFA because he's got a lot of traits you want in an OG. When Edwards is gone next year LG will come down to Snyder and Shelton, with Shelton likely to get the nod because of his experience. Also, I think it's good to allow Bruss to transition to the NFL by simply focusing on RG instead of bouncing him around. He was drafted to play that position, so it's smart to simply let him practice there. Again I think Shelton was given a 2 year deal because I think the FO is looking at him as Edward's replacement next year.

Next year's OL IMO will be: LT Noteboom, LG Shelton, C Allen, RG Bruss, RT Jackson, Swing OT Arcuri, Swing OG/C Snyder, OG Anchrum or Brewer

At this point, I think OBJ is history barring injury. His contract demands simply don't make sense.

Hardy is also flashing as I expected him to. He could very well take snaps away from Lewis this year as the edge opposite Floyd on passing downs. I think Hardy may jump Garrett in the rotation, and take what were Okoronkwo's snaps last year. Hardy has the quickness and length to play there as a starter long-term. He could be the steal that I envision him to be when he was taken in the draft. He's already got at least one sack in TC.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well from that perspective, Anchrum might be the Odd guy Out ? I’ve always liked Bobby Evans at RT.Just to think he was the starting LG against Green Bay at Lambo in 2021?

Who knows maybe a team will take a chance on Bobby Evans if he is a standout RT during the preseason.Why mess something up if it works.

—Bonifay’d I know your not a Fan of his,but that would be a case scenario
of a win win. Brewer imo from what your saying from above is Brewer & Shelton will be game day O’Lineman of the 48.Bruss starting & A.Jackson
the backup LT. Rams carry 8 or (9) of 53 (Arcuri) .

That is my prediction
Carberry needs interior OL'ers in the most ominous way going forward.

OG Corbett is gone, previous 2022 OG's Edwards & Evans will be gone too within 7 months. Thus if OG Tremayne Anchrum is primarily getting 2nd team reps @ LG that's not a negative indication IMO. That's far more positive:fistbump1::laugh1:.

The "Aligator Armed/small hands" Shelton might be working as the #1 RG due to excellent knowledge of the OL playbook along with his outstanding ability to make blocks on the move, but when the more physically stronger OG's (Anchrum/ Bruss/ Brewer) get caught up as this TC moves (since all 3 have had little to zero experience getting reps with Carberry's OL @ OG) ........the lights usually come on fast specifically going into the 3rd season like Anchrum is so is Brewer.

This 2022 TC is different from 2020/2021, Carberry has a considerable amount of known OT contenders to work & scrutinize over in Bobby Evans/ Max Pircher/ AJ Arcuri/ Adrian Ealy, and Alaric Jackson to back up starters Rob Havenstein & Joe Noteboom.

IMO This is the best Training Camp Offensive Tackle unit ever assembled by Snead!

From the many photos from 2022....the only thicker wider muscled-up bigger OL'er than TA is center, Brian Allen. TA had seen 4 yrs' worth of starts @ RT in college. TA's first 2 seasons as a Ram he has been primarily utilized as a Swing OT not as a OG. Being a very short in stature OL'er @ 6-1 & 3/4 inch/315lbs ....if Anchrum is going to make a big splash in the NFL it's going to be playing LG or RG.

Speaking of Brian Allen:wow2::startstruck: :sur:wow!, BA came into TC as a massive fire hydrant! Much bigger this season. I think it is wise to wear that massive knee brace as long as he wants to.

It's been reported that the very large-size Chandler Brewer has added the center post to his 4 other OL posts where he has worked since 2019. This is the first time the Rams Team official Roster has him listed as an OG not OT. Why would Carberry work CB in @ OC? Could it be CB has shown some good improvements since last season?

CB's versatility will enter the picture BIG when McVay/Carberry are making those last critical cuts when the preseason ends in selecting his 9th or 10th Ram OL'er. A 1 or 2 post capable OL'er vs a 5 post capable OL'er). Brewer was a 4 yr starting RG in college so he does have most of his experience in the OG post. I will keep an eye on this decision due to the future issues coming @ OG.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Carberry needs interior OL'ers in the most ominous way going forward.

OG Corbett is gone, previous 2022 OG's Edwards & Evans will be gone too within 7 months. Thus if OG Tremayne Anchrum is primarily getting 2nd team reps @ LG that's not a negative indication IMO. That's far more positive:fistbump1::laugh1:.

The "Aligator Armed/small hands" Shelton might be working as the #1 RG due to excellent knowledge of the OL playbook with his outstanding blocks on the movement skills now, but when the more physical stronger OG's (Anchrum/ Bruss/ Brewer) get caught up as this TC move on after they have little to zero experience getting reps with Carberry's OL @ OG ........things usually connect fast specifically for the 3rd season like Anchrum.

This 2022 TC is different, Carberry has a considerable amount of known OT contenders to work & scrutinize over in Bobby Evans/ Max Pircher/ AJ Arcuri/ Adrian Ealy, and Alaric Jackson. IMO This is the best Training Camp Offensive Tackle unit ever assembled by Snead!

The only thicker wider muscled-up bigger OL'er I see thus far is our center, Brian Allen. TA has seen a massive amount of starts @ RT in college & reps as a Swing OT his first two seasons with the Rams. If the 6-1 3/4 inch/315lbs Anchrum is going to make it in the NFL it's going to be playing LG or RG.

Speaking of Brian Allen:wow2::startstruck: :sur:wow!, BA came into TC as a massive fire hydrant! Much bigger this season.

It's been reported that Chandler Brewer has added a center to his 4 other OL posts where he has worked since 2019. This is the first time the Rams Team official Roster has him listed as an OG not OT.

That versatility will enter the picture BIG when McVay/Carberry are making those critical cuts when the preseason ends. one post worker vs 5 post worker. Brewer's past 4 yr starting RG in college is going to carry some weight in that decision due to the future issues coming @ OG.

Training camp just started. One really never knows.I will try to get a good view have a more solid idea in a few days. God willing

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I can’t recall Evans EVER looking good in preseason. I know there was some buzz on him in his rookie campaign, but just didn’t see it—certainly not at OT. Edwards, neither, for that matter. I had always thought both were destined for Guards. I will admit, when both Edwards and Evans lined up together on the right side, looked decent enough. Depth. That’s Evans. I’m just not seeing him as a long time starter. Kinda the way blythe was. Great depth/spot starter, but too limited to be THE starter.