Broncos sign Russell Okung. Now Clady is on the trade block.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hopefully Grob finally gets it together this year and plays like the overall #2 pick.Just in time to demand left tackle money the following year.So unless he turns into Orlando Pace someone needs to be groomed to take over for him.

It sure Looked like Greg Robinson has settled down some & then slowly began trending with more positive results play after play with Garrett Reynolds steady influence next to him late in 2015. GRob's biggest issue was his tendency to place his hands way outside center mass of his assigned edge rusher. This action is like turning on his red & blue flashings lights to get the attention of the refs to look at his ongoing actions. Yellow flags usually followed. Once GRob get his hands placements corrected along with working on his brain clouds events where he just does not react at the snap things should get better.

We need to remind ourselves that GRob partners @ OLG were many. Starting in TC it was Saffold, then Brown then Saffold again then Donnal then Reynolds then when ORT Havenstein went down GRob got Rhaney then a bit of Wichmann then finally Reynolds returned to start @ OLG for the rest of the season. It was at that point things got turned around. Now I'll ask you this guys & gals why in Hades would we want to have any other OG next to GRob other than Reynolds? Would what we saw in 2015 be a good determination for whats best. Do we need to rehash what we already know & go through another nasty long event all over again? I keep see many members constantly inserting Saffold to the twice failed OLG post position again? Do we have a member here with a different opinion on this plan & why would you do it differently? Seriously ?o_O

I am a strong advocate of keeping Garrett Reynolds next to him as the starter @ OLG until things get going smoothly & with positive results. Don't get me wrong here Jamon Brown is the future starting LEFT OG there is no doubt in my mind that Brown will be a very good LEFT OG & once the process with GRob improves ( which I do believe will occur) I would start rotating the much stronger & younger OG into full time starting process as the season wears on.

I covered this before but since the time Boudreau has Garrett starting we were without a true #6 OL'er. So now there is a big need for a veteran plug in game day #6 OL. That's where I am going with Rodger Saffold. One would imagine that with RS going through reconstructive surgeries on both shoulder joints in 2015, that he has spent most of his time upper body wise getting them fully healed & strong enough to where he is cleared physically. He was cleared on a week ago to play & now can start to regain his lost upper body muscle mass. Boudreau might be able to take this present thinned down lighter Saffold & plan to utilized his 4 yrs of college & 3 yrs of NFL play @ LEFT OT. I would assign Saffold at the hip to GRob. RS can use this time to get back some where close to where he was back in 2014 meanwhile there is no better place for a slimmer lighter RS than behind GRob pushing & guiding him through the early season games. If GRob regresses or is injured then RS is ready to step in & hold the fort until GRob recovers. In addition besides OLT, RS can back up ORT & both OG post on game day.

With GRob the Rams have a 5th year option available to keep him here until 2019, 3 seasons away. I agree with you here that behind the Saffold/Robinson duo @ OLT the Rams should be working just as hard to secure either Darrell Williams or Isaiah Battle as the 2017 season & beyond reserve Left OT. I would thing we will see Williams get some work @ OLG along with at both OT posts. Battle is a pure OT & his work will remain @ those two OT posts this summer.

Last edited:

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
GRob actually did a good f'in job in the last half of the season, imo.
His main problem is he's had to deal with shitty biased officiating.
I don't have anything against the Packers, but the amount of holding their line gets away with is amazing. Go watch one of their games and concentrate on the lack of holding calls.
If their lineman were held to the same standards as Robinson has been, they would have 10-15+ holding calls a game. Same goes for a lot of other teams too.
Hopefully our newly increased importance to the league will help our cause with the refs.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
A 5th year contact means nothing when they can hold out.As a top 10 1st rounder and having a good year you don't think he'll ask for more money in his 4th year.And even if he doesn't and has 2nd good year then he'll want top 3 OLT money.Bottom line I think this was a bad pick by Fisher to much if a project.I would of preferred to trade down and pickup 2-3 more premium picks.At least we would of had those players contributing from the get go.
I think a 5th year option helps a great deal and it would be very difficult to hold out if not impossible. If you didn't like the pick I understand but what's done is done. He's a Ram and I hope he can reach his full potential .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wonder if we'd consider trading for Clady. They were willing to cut him, so it won't take much. We could restructure him for a relatively team friendly deal, with heavy incentives. He'd start off on the bench, but he'd be Robinson insurance if Greg doesn't work out. Then we'd move Greg to guard, which we already know he can play, and we'd have a badass OL. If Greg pans out, we can let him go and he can go his own way.

I'm probably just crazy though. It makes sense in my head if the price is right.
Crazy!? Yep. But you did advise us to keep David Wang! So you have a track record! :giggle::D

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I think a 5th year option helps a great deal and it would be very difficult to hold out if not impossible. If you didn't like the pick I understand but what's done is done. He's a Ram and I hope he can reach his full potential .

I hope he does reach his full potential it would better the team big-time.I have nothing against Grob he's a Ram so he has my support. I just didn't like the pick at the time thought he was to much if a project. Turns out so far he has been and if does turn it around great. He would've played good for us for half his contract which imo would be a bad #2 overall pick.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I hope he does reach his full potential it would better the team big-time.I have nothing against Grob he's a Ram so he has my support. I just didn't like the pick at the time thought he was too much if a project. Turns out so far he has been and if does turn it around great. He would've played good for us for half his contract which imo would be a bad #2 overall pick.

You assume he's as good as gone. If we use his 5th year option he makes like $13M. You think he's going to complain about that? Teams don't mind dishing out scrilla for star OLTs because they are rare, kinda like QBs. So very rarely does one hit the open market. IF he even becomes one. If he only becomes a "good" OLT, then it won't be so difficult signing him to an extension. Head up dude.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Rams look to be in good shape @ Left OT. They could have four prospects to that post with Robinson entering his 3rd, Saffold entering his 7th, Williams & Battle entering their 2nd seasons.

Yeah, you should see them panic over at -#fieldgulls. They have zero lineman left. Zilch. Nada. Wussel is going to have fun running this year. It will have to be a o-line draft for them like ours last year.

Something tells me our first game against them Wussle may have a small muscle strain and watch from the sidelines in street clothes. :sneaky:

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
You assume he's as good as gone. If we use his 5th year option he makes like $13M. You think he's going to complain about that? Teams don't mind dishing out scrilla for star OLTs because they are rare, kinda like QBs. So very rarely does one hit the open market. IF he even becomes one. If he only becomes a "good" OLT, then it won't be so difficult signing him to an extension. Head up dude.

I'm not assuming he's as good as gone.My whole point was and still is that it was a bad pick.I think we would have been better off trading that pickand picking up 2-3 more players.Grob has not played like the #2 overall pick thus far.If he does get better and justify that pick this year it would be half way through his contract When imo we could've had 2-3 more players then picked up a OLT.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Grob has not played like the #2 overall pick thus far
Maybe not, but Aaron Donald sure has
GRob has played well enough IMO to have warranted the #13 pick so I don't second guess that move at all.
That being said, if they got a stud LT and could move GRob inside, that would be crazy. (Crazy good I may add)
Then maybe they could trade off Saffold

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Maybe not, but Aaron Donald sure has
GRob has played well enough IMO to have warranted the #13 pick so I don't second guess that move at all.
That being said, if they got a stud LT and could move GRob inside, that would be crazy. (Crazy good I may add)
Then maybe they could trade off Saffold
Agree 100%