Brockers roughing the passer call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Someone I was watching the game with said they called it because you can't "pile drive" the QB to the ground. Now, it was a really hard hit but I don't think it was to that extent.
I understand the league is trying to protect QB's but it wasn't helmet to helmet. Was the hit vicious? Yes, but as far as I can tell 100% legal and just a stupid call.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not only not roughing but it was text book. That is exactly and I mean EXACTLY how you are supposed to do it. Brockers couldn't have done that more perfectly within the rules.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
that hit was nothing short of beautiful. if this is the way the nfl is going, by calling roughing the passer on qb's...the nfl won't be america's sport for much longer

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I didn't see it live, but was listening to the radio feed (on a 1 play delay) and both Steve Savard and DeMarco Farr freaked out. I swear DeMarco was about to walk out the studio.

After seeing it on replay...don't blame him. Booger deserves to be fired. Joke he got the fuckin Super Bowl last year.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif

-- infuriating call. Will the NFL come out and state that the officials made a mistake ??

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The NFL should pubically apologize to the Rams for calling that a penalty. That play is the definition of the perfect sack. Freaking idiot zebra.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Boger has got to be one of the worst! Any time I see him or Mike Carey calling one of our games I cringe. Well, them and that moronic crew from the panthers game earlier this year.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Boger has got to be one of the worst! Any time I see him or Mike Carey calling one of our games I cringe. Well, them and that moronic crew from the panthers game earlier this year.

Boger's so bad that even Bears fans were booing him.

The "roughing the passer" call was absolute BS. It was a clean hit and McCown, both in live action and on the replay, didn't seem to have his helmet snap or suffer helmet to helmet contact.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Pittsburgh’s William Gay came on a blitz and hit Campbell in the head, forcing him to fumble. It was a game-changing play reminiscent of the play on which Drew Brees was forced to fumble by San Francisco’s Ahmad Brooks last week — except last week the officials threw a flag on Brooks, and this week the officials let Gay get away with it.The fumble set up a Steelers touchdown, and Campbell left the game with a km n apparent concussion.Brandon Weeden came in to replace him.

So Jason Campbell can get hit in the head and no penalty called yet boger gets away with this shit

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Really have to find a way of having an official in the replay booth with the authority to make and correct obvious situations. I don't see why they have not already moved to this answer. They have access to all the video and better angles and can stop play for corrections. They could fix bad calls like the Brockers play and missed calls where no one is in position to see an infraction.
Don't want a booth ref calling missed penalties! There's probably 2 or 3 every play that are not called. Just the ones called!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif

-- infuriating call. Will the NFL come out and state that the officials made a mistake ??
That rarely happens. What will be telling is if Brockers gets a fine for the hit.

But looking at it, Brockers doesn't get him with the crown of his helmet or even land on top of McCown. All he really does is take him off his feet.