Brockers roughing the passer call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Im almost there with ya. Football is a "team" sport. At some point the NFL needs to stand up and say you could get hit playing this game.

The NFL is worried about getting sued again. They should just have the players sign a waiver and then play the game the way it was played in the past but I doubt the player's union would agree to it. They have to at least discuss it in the off season because this is getting ridiculous.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
me and my mate both went "ohhhhhhhhhhhh dammmmmmn" when brockers smashed through him.. Stupid penalty call

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Text book tackle. Insulting penalty call. It pisses me off to no end. He didn't even hit him with his helmet or leave his feet to drive him into the turf. He just smoked his ass old school and the refs just as well start calling it, "hitting too hard". Pussies!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Text book tackle. Insulting penalty call. It pisses me off to no end. He didn't even hit him with his helmet or leave his feet to drive him into the turf. He just smoked his ass old school and the refs just as well start calling it, "hitting too hard". Pussies!

Co sign

A55VA6

Legend
If the NFL is going to start calling all hits like that on QB's a penalty, I'm done. I might follow very casually but that's about it. I won't take the NFL serious anymore.
I said the same thing to myself. This whole protecting the QB thing is freaking stupid.

V3

Hall of Fame
I said the same thing to myself. This whole protecting the QB thing is freaking stupid.

I've heard some people actually seriously suggest they put flags on the QB. :slap: Taking QB hits out of the game changes the game in a HUGE, HUGE way. The whole reason to hit them is to disrupt them, get into their head, try and tip the ball or his arm, fumbles,...the list goes on and on. Just look at the Indy game. Luck was worried about his life and he started throwing some of the worst throws I've seen him make. That led to interceptions, ends of drives, etc. YOU CANNOT TAKE QB HITS OUT OF THE GAME, NFL! AGHH! Seriously, NFL, don't F this up!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I brought one of my best friends to the game with me, who happens to be a Bears fan. After this play we both are really confused.

He looks at me and says, "I mean, I'll take it...but what the hell was the call? Half the distance to the goal for murder?"

GreenMays

UDFA
The ref (who threw the flag) was in the worst position to see the play and how Brockers hit him. It sucks, but from his view I can see why he threw the flag. And unfortunately it's not like other plays where he can get help from others with a better view. There are 7(?) on the field...one for each receiver, one for the line, one for the qb. Until we start reviewing penalties, that kind of call is going to happen. Just unlucky unfortunately.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really have to find a way of having an official in the replay booth with the authority to make and correct obvious situations. I don't see why they have not already moved to this answer. They have access to all the video and better angles and can stop play for corrections. They could fix bad calls like the Brockers play and missed calls where no one is in position to see an infraction.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I've heard some people actually seriously suggest they put flags on the QB. :slap: Taking QB hits out of the game changes the game in a HUGE, HUGE way. The whole reason to hit them is to disrupt them, get into their head, try and tip the ball or his arm, fumbles,...the list goes on and on. Just look at the Indy game. Luck was worried about his life and he started throwing some of the worst throws I've seen him make. That led to interceptions, ends of drives, etc. YOU CANNOT TAKE QB HITS OUT OF THE GAME, NFL! AGHH! Seriously, NFL, don't F this up!

And then the game would be overrun by these RGme and Wussell Wilson types that are just RBs, but think they are QBs, and then you couldn't hit them. Would destroy the game.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It was a really bad call, but we have had worse, and certainly have had a series, or game's worth of worse, which has cost us MORE than one game this year. So, I'll just say it was really bad, but we rallied and got a big win. Part of winning, gaining respect, and becoming a good, to really good, team, is to overcome the bullshit like that call.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Should've heard Carey Davis post game rant about this on the radio. It was Hanifan esk lol.

And yes it was beyond terrible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I saw the replay last night.

That was some booooooolshit.

Wonderboy

Rookie

You are so right. It's only a technicality that "hitting too hard" isn't a penalty. Because we all know that if you do "hit too hard," it's a penalty. Enough!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
me and my mate both went "ohhhhhhhhhhhh dammmmmmn" when brockers smashed through him.. Stupid penalty call
Brockers hit him so hard that they felt it in the UK, lol. Seriously though that was a terrible call. I wish the refs would be fined when they make such horrendous calls that can effect a game. At the time, that TD put them within one score.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what a great hit. i credit brockers for quinn's strip sack/recovery/td. mccown's head would have still been spinning after that hit and slowed him down enough for quinn to finish him off.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I agree with everything said here about the call. But I also heard an ex NFL player on the radio after the game complaining about the call and the new rules out of one side of his mouth and out of the other complaining that the league hadn' warned or protected him against concussions. The concussion issue is what spawned this whole thing. League just paid out a ton of dough and doesn't intend to pay out any more. Big hits bring big ratings and theres no way they legislate them out of the game because of anything but money.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll give McKown some credit he got leveled and got right back up never came out of the game. How many other guys will do that. Hat to say it but Brady took a pretty nasty sandwich shot which drew no penalty BTW and stayed in too. Apparently if it is a clean shot even the QBs can play through it :omg: