Brockers roughing the passer call

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It was HORRIBLE!

How in the world was that roughing?

That could have cost the Rams the game. Even Fox's NFL former chief of officials Peirra thought the call was bad.

An equally bad call was just made against NYG on a hit on Romo.

What's up with this? What's a defensive player to do?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fish needs to personally head down to the league office with Stan walking beside him carrying video tapes of the shitload of insanely bad calls we have endured this season. They need to get them to end this assault. Yeah there are too many bad calls league wide but the phantom calls we have been victims of are nothing short of disgusting.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I've spoken on this in detail in another thread. Yeah its disgusting. I was told that Bogar thew the flag with a bad angle on the play. What i'd like to know is if any of the other officials threw the flag too....you know,the officialls who actually had a clear angle of Brockers legally crushing McCown.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Even for a bullshit call, that was horrible. Brockers should have had a sack, and the Bears should've had only three points instead of seven on that drive.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I feel ya man, but ya know the way they made the Bears earn that score was just inspiring

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel ya man, but ya know the way they made the Bears earn that score was just inspiring

Good point.

Hell of a defensive stand!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Actually they shouldn't have had 3 the sack caused a fumbletthat was being returned for a TD when refs blew it dead

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually they shouldn't have had 3 the sack caused a fumbletthat was being returned for a TD when refs blew it dead

Pretty sure the fumble would be overturned.

Brockers took him to the ground... Then it popped out. No fumble.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I think the ground caused the fumble on that play, so the Bears would've retained possession. I might be wrong, though, so if I am, I apologize.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. 14 point swing....eh fuckem,our O answered and then Quinn put the exclamation point on it.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
You prob ate right I'm just still seeing red boger has always pissed me off now more then ever

F. Mulder

Starter
I always hated the whole "give QBs skirts" comments even back to the 80s/90s when they were obviously trying to protect them. FWIW I saw plenty of really cheap shots against Qbs with the sole purpose of trying to hurt them. I'll never forget Turkey Jones from the Browns throwing Bradshaw on his head. Same with b.s. vs. McMahon etc. Anyhow, it HAS gotten to the point where they might as well given the skirts IMO. That was a horrific call, but, at the risk of getting flamed, I felt the call against Brooks on Brees last week was horrible as well. Now I'm watching another horrible call vs. Romo. It's become to where you can't look at a QB sideways or you are called for it.

A55VA6

Legend
I still don't understand how it was a penalty. That was an absolute beauty of a hit. I was so enraged watching that call that i actually flipped over my sofa and kicked my vacuum over. lmao. I was HEATED especially after the Bears capitalized with a TD. But I cooled down when Cunningham destroyed the Bears defense with that drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
the NFL's slowly becoming touch football when it comes to defense, basically as a defense all you can hope for is that the offense makes some mistakes or scores fast so your O can get back on the field because you can't touch the WR, QB or RB anymore without a penalty of some sort.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I've been pondering this, I think if they can set a president of importance per call, that after a predetermined amount of "points" or what have you, the ref is then suspended for x amount of games or even fired.

V3

Hall of Fame
If the NFL is going to start calling all hits like that on QB's a penalty, I'm done. I might follow very casually but that's about it. I won't take the NFL serious anymore.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
If the NFL is going to start calling all hits like that on QB's a penalty, I'm done. I might follow very casually but that's about it. I won't take the NFL serious anymore.

Im almost there with ya. Football is a "team" sport. At some point the NFL needs to stand up and say you could get hit playing this game.