Brock Bowers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If Bowers is there at 19 (he won't be) McVay likely picks him. He's a mismatch nightmare, something McVay would be drooling over I'm sure. That said, like a 5% chance of it occurring, maybe less. That big board link shows Cooper DeJuan at 19. To me, that might be a perfect fit. Guy is a do everything in the secondary prospect. Not to mention, all world kick returner

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Re: Bowers personality has he done or said shit that came out as a problem or is it just rumors.
I just read some things. Basically they said he can’t be left alone in public. It sounds like he’s immature and likely to get into trouble?

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Man...I know it was different regimes, but I cringe at any OT, CB or TE picks in the 1st round for the Rams...... :cool:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just read through this thread.

Someone mentioned that the Rams need an explosive element outside of Puka. Brock Bowers is Puka at TE. And even moreso as he could be a Swiss army knife used all over the formation.

Bowers could be the Jordan Reed type mismatch that McVay had in Washington and perhaps what he was looking for when they selected Gerald Everett prior to the Cooper Kupp selection years ago. Kupp thriving in the slot is probably the only reason a receiving TE hasn't been featured in McVay's offense. And with Kupp perhaps slowing down .....

Kyle Pitts is a talented player who has had some injury issues and was selected by the wrong team with a run-first HC/OC and poor QB play. I'll date myself with his analogy, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if his career path followed along the lines of Jay Novacek who didn't do much with the St. Louis Cardinals and then become a stud with the Dallas Cowboys.

Brock Bowers might be considered a top 5 talent, but he's not going to be selected that high due to his positional value coupled with the needs of the teams with those selections. Barring any medical or character issues, my guess is 14 - 19 is probably the sweet spot for his selection. And some of those teams are already set at TE. Unless someone trades up, IMO, the biggest threat the Rams of getting him at #19 is the Bengals at #18.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looking at Pitts in hindsight he is a wannabe as a wideout and he is weak in the physical requirements of TE. There have been guys who can still be featured in that usage like Gonzalez , but even receiving weapon type TEs need the will to put themselves in it when required. Way I see Pitts is he's a WR talent with great size playing TE but that will is missing.

So I think with the TE position you need to have that will to be physical when required at the very least. Bowers clearly has that stuff. I don't know if he's got attitude problems as we don't get to interview players or their staffs or even loose associates on campus. But just going off his film that dude won't get to 15. And if he does get to 19 there's a good chance he's our pick unless there's some serious attitude issues we are not privy to.

All that aside I can't explain why LaPorta lasted as long as he did in last year's draft. Must be the lack of explosive speed perhaps idk. But either way if anything his success in the NFL will help Bowers out. And Bowers is more physical than LaPorta. He is basically a full TE sized Kupp/Nacua who will move chains and break tackles. You can bet that the Rams love him, again, outside of some red flag BS we don't know about.