Brian Schottenheimer set to be named Seahawks OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Pat did it too... that's funny. Funny that they'll both (rumor has it) be coaching in the NFC West next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What?? They were down 24-17 (never down 24-0 btw) with the entire 4th quarter to play. They scored the points, the offense wasnt the problem. It was assinine that they gave up that quick on something they spent all off season building. Either way, the subject is Shotty and his flexibility that season is a feather in his cap. Fisher dictated the scheme switch and he made it work

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
24-17 game with 12 minutes to go. Wasnt prevent defense. Had the d been able to get a stop they would have had the ball back, down 7 with just under 2 minutes to go.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Carroll and crew look hellbent on becoming a crappy team.

Now that the talent on the LOB has shown its age, Carroll is exposing himself with some of these decisions.

This is a comical hire.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Best description of Brian Shottenheimer I've seen. Seriously, very well said.

To your point of him developing a system to fit the team's personnel, it really struck me as odd that Carroll is pursuing him in an effort to diversity an offense that has grown one dimensional due to personnel. Then again to your point about his influence, he seems to make the best of the hand he's been dealt. I just don't know if he's the guy that's going to look Carroll in the eye and tell him ... to do what you want to do we need to upgrade the offensive line, which is all Seattle needs to do anyway.

And this is what's very illogical to me, how can Carroll not know this? To me it just smacks of a placeholder being put into play to buy the head coach some time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No he did not lead the league. Brady did.

FYI Wilson had 34 TD passes. Completed a WAY higher % for more yards, ran for nearly as many yards, had more yards passing and running if we are counting, led the NFL with a 110 passer rating while playing on a team that was falling apart.

My mistake. He was second in the NFL in TD passes while also contributing 10 rushing TDs. Nobody came close to his 45 TDs that year. And AGAIN the Panthers went 15-1.

That team without Wilson doesn't sniff the playoffs that year.

Who are they replacing Wilson with? That team had the #1 defense in football. The Panthers, on the other hand, had the #6 defense and the #1 offense in football. Yet, Newton's #1 WR was Ted Ginn.(albeit, he did have Olsen at TE)

Newton was just as valuable to his team as Wilson was to the Seahawks, and Newton's team went 15-1 compared to 10-6 for the Seahawks. Wilson was not robbed.

I'm not saying Newton didn't have a good year, it was his best year in an ordinary career IMO.

But Wilson dragged that team on his back like he did this year.

BS. Wilson had a better defense, just as good of a rushing attack, and better weapons. Newton had a better OL. Difference is that Newton's team went 15-1 and scored 5 more points per game.

Put Case Keenum on that Panthers team and they beat the Broncos. :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats just nonsense. A 7 point game with 12 minutes to go is not time for garbage stats.
Rams fought back in that game and D just let them down

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, you seem bent on re-creating history here. So its time to move on for sure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the way i remember it the rams never moved the ball until they went to the hurry up offense. fisher was asked why he didn't use it earlier. he said he didn't want quick 3 and outs to put the d out there and tire them out :rolleyes:. this was after 3 qtrs of watching drich run into the back of linemen and a procession of 3 and outs. then he simply refused to go hurry up against the cowboys and whiners the next 2 weeks, where the rams offense could do nothing and they got slaughtered in both games.

never listened to a word he said after that. horrible coach.