Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
he doesn't need to be a 100 catch 1000 yard a season guy, but if he can give the rams a reliable number 1 or 2 that can make plays in the red zone I would be very happy. We have struggled in the red zone forever and with his size he should be able to win a few jump balls...If we do draft a WR where do you guys see Kenny Britt falling in?
Britt is my #2 guy immediately if we can get a stud on the other side. I think he can do well in that role...along with better QB play, obviously.

Don't want to keep beating on Quick but i just don't see a guy who has that aggressive mentality or knows how to use his body enough to be a guy who can WIN those battles. He's like the big quiet kid that gets picked first in the schoolyard that everyone's afraid of until he actually gets on the field and you realize he just isn't any good.

RamWoodie

Legend
So if Brian Quicks light bulb comes on in his head and he lives up to his potential even with keenum and a stud tight end and wide reciever in the draft we could be lethal on offense without trading away the farm for a qb. I have always had high hopes for Quick hopefully this is the year it comes to fruition!
The bulb had already come on until he got injured. Before that he was leading the Rams in receptions and really looked good.

From what I saw last season it was pretty obvious QUick had no rhythm with any of the QBs. I think he knows he has to bring it or he's gone.

Name
Roger Stern
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe the bulb has come on also. Needs time with starting qb to gain cinfidence. Plus last year he obviously wasn't 100% when he was on the field.This the year for him he sinks or hopefullly he swims

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
To bad this draft sucks at receiver.
I know it's not exactly chocked full of #1 WRs but I see a half dozen or so that could really help the Rams. At this point, if we could draft a couple of really solid #2s, I'd be happy granted we draft a solid TE also.

As far as Quick goes,, this has to be his last chance to make an impact in this O. If he doesn't at least perform like a solid #2 wideout, he'll be on the waiver wire.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Let me first say that I like BQ and have pulled for him since I had to look him up after we drafted him (ahead of Jefferies!!!). Now, as some have pointed out, his "light bulb" was on for maybe 3-4 games playing against other teams #2 and nickel CBs. As soon as he made a few catches, teams rotated coverage and shut him down. IMO, he can only be a complimentary WR in a loaded system. As @Mojo Ram mentioned, I don't think he has the proper mental make up to be anything more than a 30-40 catch guy. He does not appear to have that ability to fight off defenders and go get the ball.

I swear the Rams have gotten cute with their WR picks twice in recent years and have screwed the team as a result. First Avery over DJack, then Quick over Jefferies. Both times I scratched my head and had to go to Google to find out who the hell they even were. I would be perfectly fine if they take Treadwell @ 15......

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I would rather pick up a fresh pair of legs in the draft TBH and I'm talking R1 / R2, tried and tested receivers - I repeat NOT A PROJECT.

I'd much rather go all out and get a decent rookie WR (with no baggage and plenty of deep threat speed) to be our #1 WR, Britt (whom I like) as our #2 and Tavon as our Swiss Army Knife WR, that can pop up where the miss-match will be best. Kendricks + AN Other at TE - I'd even look at that German guy Moritz Boehringer, he's fast, can catch and is big and is a keen blocker to boot.

Personally, Quick is the Isiah Pead of WRs for me - just a project draftee (that was taken too high IMO) that hasn't worked out. We could have picked up so many other WRs / TEs with that pick, that would have been a 'safer' pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I would rather pick up a fresh pair of legs in the draft TBH and I'm talking R1 / R2, tried and tested receivers - I repeat NOT A PROJECT.

I'd much rather go all out and get a decent rookie WR (with no baggage and plenty of deep threat speed) to be our #1 WR, Britt (whom I like) as our #2 and Tavon as our Swiss Army Knife WR, that can pop up where the miss-match will be best. Kendricks + AN Other at TE - I'd even look at that German guy Moritz Boehringer, he's fast, can catch and is big and is a keen blocker to boot.

Personally, Quick is the Isiah Pead of WRs for me - just a project draftee (that was taken too high IMO) that hasn't worked out. We could have picked up so many other WRs / TEs with that pick, that would have been a 'safer' pick.
Yeah, I think Les and Jeff thought they had gone out and found a Terrell Owens type monster in Quick but for the life of me I don't know why they felt they had to pull the trigger at 33?????? Surely, he would have been available a round later. Remember how they were in shock and awe of his private workout? Didn't one of our backup QBs make the statement that that kid was the best WR he had ever thrown to or something like that?

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
200.gif

Would love to be wrong. Show me a full season of consistency, making plays and winning one-on-one battles Brian. Don't be shy.

He has the athletic ability to do just that even with a below average QB.Hopefully this season everything comes together for him and he has a breakout year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I think Les and Jeff thought they had gone out and found a Terrell Owens type monster in Quick but for the life of me I don't know why they felt they had to pull the trigger at 33?????? Surely, he would have been available a round later. Remember how they were in shock and awe of his private workout? Didn't one of our backup QBs make the statement that that kid was the best WR he had ever thrown to or something like that?

Yeh - I think you may be right, they did take one of our QBs along... Still would have been available a round or two later I think...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks for that I'd not heard / read that - makes sense now, ohh to have hindsight...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly don't remember him playing like a legit #1 for any "stint." Maybe I'm wrong?
You are correct. He had 3 good games, but nothing #1 worthy
Never had double digit catches, never had over 100 yards in a game

Ram Man

Rookie
He has the athletic ability to do just that even with a below average QB.Hopefully this season everything comes together for him and he has a breakout year.

Hope so too. We desperately need someone to be a pleasant surprise on the offense this year. Quick playing well would be a big boost to the team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
To bad this draft sucks at receiver.

I don't think this draft sucks at WR lockd. I think it sucks at game breaking WR. There are a metric butt ton of possession types which is what we need, guys who can just get to where they should be with a little separation through route running, and then catch the ball.

IMO after this draft the Rams will no longer have problems at wideout. Now, will they also get a TE? There are some receiving type TEs in this draft but that's a really poor group in terms of numbers IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't think this draft sucks at WR lockd. I think it sucks at game breaking WR. There are a metric butt ton of possession types which is what we need, guys who can just get to where they should be with a little separation through route running, and then catch the ball.

IMO after this draft the Rams will no longer have problems at wideout. Now, will they also get a TE? There are some receiving type TEs in this draft but that's a really poor group in terms of numbers IMO.

I think that there are some good decent WR prospects that fit very well on the second day of the draft. Snead has three draft picks on day two, would make me very happy if 2 WR's were caught out of these 3 selections. I do not want the first round selection used on a WR, maybe if a trade down (an another 2nd day pick is obtained) is made late in the first for that TE from Arkansas Hunter Henry.

lockdnram21

Legend

I disagree. If we don't get Treadwell or Doctson we are screwed. They both going in first.

lockdnram21

Legend
I know it's not exactly chocked full of #1 WRs but I see a half dozen or so that could really help the Rams. At this point, if we could draft a couple of really solid #2s, I'd be happy granted we draft a solid TE also.

As far as Quick goes,, this has to be his last chance to make an impact in this O. If he doesn't at least perform like a solid #2 wideout, he'll be on the waiver wire.
Just don't see anybody that can help outside of doctson and treadwell

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Read a page of the comments.....
So if Brian Quicks light bulb comes on in his head
The lightbulb did come "on" in 2014...then was snuffed out by injury....and even then, his entire game, as most of our weapons remains hidden by shoddy QB play.....