Brian Quick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Roger Stern
So if Brian Quicks light bulb comes on in his head and he lives up to his potential even with keenum and a stud tight end and wide reciever in the draft we could be lethal on offense without trading away the farm for a qb. I have always had high hopes for Quick hopefully this is the year it comes to fruition!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That would be great. I sure hope that happens.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Quick is already considered a bust to some and very close to bust to others.A breakout year would the only way that he'll quite some of the doubters myself included.Not having a better than average QB hasn't helped him or our other WR.But he should be able to show some improvement with all the athletic ability he has.

jap

Legend
Brian's shoulder was almost completely dismantled in 2014---severely enough that some critics wondered openly whether his NFL career was finished at the time. It was a testament to his ambition & drive that he made it back at all last season, although I am not sure how complete his recovery was in 2015 It will be interesting to see whether he makes significant progress this upcoming season as we can really use an athletic big wide-out.

Psycho_X

Legend
Time will tell but history has not been on his side. In my opinion, he has one more year to prove it and if he doesn't he's probably done with football considering how inept he has been at learning a basic playbook.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Quick is already considered a bust to some and very close to bust to others.A breakout year would the only way that he'll quite some of the doubters myself included.Not having a better than average QB hasn't helped him or our other WR.But he should be able to show some improvement with all the athletic ability he has.

I would agree with that. He showed promise in 2014 before the injury. But he stepped back last year. Its not that he's terrible and drops passes ala Jared Cook. He just disappears for most the game. He becomes a non factor. The only reason he's still employed is the fact than he can block on run plays. Some receivers are not willing blockers. But if he doesn't step up this season he will be a bust of major proportions. Where he was picked was almost a first rounder.

Ram Man

Rookie
Time will tell but history has not been on his side. In my opinion, he has one more year to prove it and if he doesn't he's probably done with football considering how inept he has been at learning a basic playbook.

This. He's got one last shot to show he can play in the NFL. Odds are not good. I would look at him as a camp body. Nothing more. If he doesn't perform in camp, he should be gone. The thing he has in his favor is that the Rams have gotten zero help at WR in free agency and may spend their high draft picks elsewhere.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
How would any of us know what he has learned of the playbook?

Quick has had a lot of bad things go his way but he was showing signs of being a productive piece of the offense before the injury. The Rams FO must like what they have seen enough to give him another chance. After seeing the hit he took in the SF game I was wondering if there would be any lingering effects since he still seemed a little hesitant before that play.

I'm hoping he comes through this year and is a good piece to the puzzle.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In 2013, we saw the beginning of him getting it. Not sure we will ever see it again, but if we do - we are all in for a treat. He certainly has the tools.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's got 4 seasons of next to nothing in regards to production and about 3 or 4 games where he was decent.
So one can look at the few games and hope there's more of that or look at the overwhelming majority of his play which amounted to very little.
I'm leaning towards the glimmer being nothing more than a glitch

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Brian's shoulder was almost completely dismantled in 2014---severely enough that some critics wondered openly whether his NFL career was finished at the time. It was a testament to his ambition & drive that he made it back at all last season, although I am not sure how complete his recovery was in 2015 It will be interesting to see whether he makes significant progress this upcoming season as we can really use an athletic big wide-out.

This is a great point, and probably explains at least in part why he went backwards so much last year. That being said, he's got this year to prove it (or more precisely, this training camp) or he should be gone. He doesn't have to be a superstar, but he has to at least be a competent, serviceable, and reasonably consistent NFL WR.

Psycho_X

Legend
How would any of us know what he has learned of the playbook?

Quick has had a lot of bad things go his way but he was showing signs of being a productive piece of the offense before the injury. The Rams FO must like what they have seen enough to give him another chance. After seeing the hit he took in the SF game I was wondering if there would be any lingering effects since he still seemed a little hesitant before that play.

I'm hoping he comes through this year and is a good piece to the puzzle.

Hesitant is the best way to describe his entire career even before the injury. Before 2013 he looked like he didn't even belong on a NFL football field he was so hesitant and confused running routes. It was painful to watch most of the time. He had a few good games before he got injured but quickly faded the last couple before said injury. We changed offenses again last season and he disappeared. Yes he had a serious injury and I'm not taking that lightly... maybe he just simply couldn't perform physically. But I haven't seen much that shows he's capable of running the routes in a full NFL playbook yet. I seem to remember the year he had his three good games they were talking about simplifying the offense that season. Hopefully he proves me wrong but that's what I need, proof.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I hadn't heard about him struggling with the playbook. Where did you read about that? (not busting your chops, would like more info)

Psycho_X

Legend
I hadn't heard about him struggling with the playbook. Where did you read about that? (not busting your chops, would like more info)

A few from just searching "Brian Quick playbook". Not trying to be a Debbie downer but after the last twelve years I've lost some of my glowing optimism I used to have going into every season about players with "potential".

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_6f8e6749-6356-5cef-a06b-888e7b64ee05.html

Rams second-year WR Brian Quick admits he struggled with understanding St. Louis' playbook as a rookie.

"This offense is a lot more complicated than anything I’ve run before," he said. "... By the second half of last season, though, I felt a lot more comfortable and now, going into the second year, I really feel like I’m ready to show people what I can do." Coach Jeff Fisher anticipates Quick playing a "much bigger role" in the 2013 offense. Last year's No. 33 overall pick is a breakout candidate.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/13/rams-will-lean-heavily-on-brian-quick-this-season/

Jackson and the Rams have seen Quick’s physical gifts in his short time with the team, but they’ve also seen him struggle to get the playbook down. Jackson also acknowledged worry about the leap from Appalachian State to the NFL for the player drafted with the second pick of the second round in April

http://www.foxsports.com/midwest/st...om-potential-threat-to-reliable-option-091114

"That was the biggest adjustment, learning the playbook," Quick says. "It kept me from playing fast, but now that I'm dialed in, I can move fast and play to my speed."

has really improved his ability to run routes," Schottenheimer said

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm done waiting on Brian Quick to be anything meaningful for this offense. He's part of the reason this passing game is the worst in the league; if they had hit on an effin wideout instead of taking him it would be a different offense.

Yeah, can't blame the dude for getting injured. But I can blame him for taking forever to learn where to be on a play, how to run a route, etc. I pray Snead has learned his lesson and avoids workout warriors in the future.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm done with Quick.

He's had a 4 year test drive, fellas. That's a helluva lot more than most players ever get.

We've gotta move on.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
33 pick in the draft snd that's all he's got to show for 4 years? Wow.
I'm not calling him a bust. That's not on him at all. he was grossly overdrafted. He needed time to learn how to play and at 33 you don't get that. And I don't think the Rams had anyone to take him from A all the way to Z as a football player.

Looking back do you really think he would have made the 53 if he came in as a UDFA?

And that's what he needed to be. A UDFA so he could have a couple years to learn his craft. Then he could have stepped up.

I want him to do so great this year that the Rams are forced to Freaking franchise his a$$ next year. That's what I want.