Brandin Cooks to Rams for a 1st: blockbuster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
When Sammy left I was bummed. Big void, no draft pick looked to fill it and no FA seemed a reasonable substitute.

The cooks trade was awesome, will prove to be one of the best in rams history, and as soon as I saw it my faith in this front office grew even more. The fact that Sammy was plan "b" blew my mind.

Right now we have the best ram WRs since gsot. Its a complete 180 from just 2 years ago with quick Britt and tavon.

What in tarnation was bill belicheat thinking.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When you first hear about this trade, the natural reaction is, "WHAT?" but once you let it settle down a bit, it makes a ton of sense. The key is signing him to an extension. He is definitely what we needed and will be a much better deal than OBJ would have been with less drama I promise. Just pretend we drafted him with that 1st rounder this year. Beauty is this draft is pretty stout when it comes to LB. ILBs tend to slip a little in the draft and it's very possible to get a starter in the 3rd round. (I'm looking at you Micah Kiser) With 3 4ths and 4 6ths, I feel pretty confident the Rams can move up at some point even if it takes a 3rd round pick from next year as well, especially if someone has slipped which someone always does. Choose to like it boys!!!! It's going to work out!!!!

And it has!!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Who knew Cooks brought the "Dynasty" torch with him from NE?

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I'll admit I was one of those people that thought we paid too much for Cooks and was bummed that Watkins walked. But if we continue to get games like this, I think I'll be feasting on crow happily. I'd like him to be more of a scorer like Watkins was, though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Think about it. Cooks is still only 24, Woods 26, Kupp 25, and Goff 23. How good will they become after playing a few years together? Frightening!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But Watkins is bigger, therefore he's better. This was a huge mistake!
As much as I love me some Cooks, he is a much bigger threat in the open field than the red zone. He will score his but maybe not like Watkins can inside the 20. The big difference will be if Cooks can get those goal line low completions because he can definitely go down and get them. But getting to the red zone is huge too and Cooks will get us there.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's Cook's hands that make all the difference. He pulled in some lasers that he had no business grabbing.
It's awesome that Cooks is always where Goff expects him to be. There is no other way to explain the timing and accuracy they showed some of those completions.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
As much as I love me some Cooks, he is a much bigger threat in the open field than the red zone. He will score his but maybe not like Watkins can inside the 20. The big difference will be if Cooks can get those goal line low completions because he can definitely go down and get them. But getting to the red zone is huge too and Cooks will get us there.
That's what Higbee and Everett are for :)

Man, I knew this thread was going to be resurrected after the game Cooks had.

So glad I did't peek at the score. What a great game!

MachS

Hall of Fame
But Watkins is bigger, therefore he's better. This was a huge mistake!

Yea I loved Sammy coming out of Clemson just as much as everyone, my brother lives in SC and is a huge Clemson fan. Truth is we should have been looking across the field more because Deandre Hopkins became the receiver we thought Sammy would.

Cooks is so damn good, doesn't get enough credit for being a complete receiver but seems to be. Interesting that we tried to get him last year as well before the Pats signed him. McVay really wanted him for this offense.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
So, who's the smartest guy (coach) in the room ?? Don't know for sure, but I think I'll be in pretty good shape putting my bitcoin on McVay !!! In fact I have much more confidence in McVay than I do in bitcoin....

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Everett needs to pick up the slack in the redzone and provide that mismatch that Watkins gave us.

Tano

Legend
Everett needs to pick up the slack in the redzone and provide that mismatch that Watkins gave us.
I think that pass to Higbee for a TD can be used more often as well - either as a fake if it is covered and give to Gurley on a draw or the real thing.

Teams won't be able to defense both.

jap

Legend
After two games, Brandin has 11 catches for 246 yards for a 22.4 ypc average. Over 16 weeks, this would translate to 88 grabs for 1,968 yards and a new NFL reception yardage record.

Anyone still missing Sammy?

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
After two games, Brandin has 11 catches for 246 yards for a 22.4 ypc average. Over 16 weeks, this would translate to 88 grabs for 1,968 yards and a new NFL reception yardage record.

Anyone still missing Sammy?

Thats a silly argument. Under that logic, DeSean Jackson is on track to put up 2200 yards. Wish we had him over Cooks...? :p

jap

Legend
Thats a silly argument. Under that logic, DeSean Jackson is on track to put up 2200 yards. Wish we had him over Cooks...? :p

The point is that Brandin is already thriving with this offense like Sammy never has, and I still do not feel he is fully in sync with Jared the deep balls. I would love to see Jared begin to connect with Cooks in full stride after Brandin has gotten behind the secondary . . . in other words, truly take the roof off the secondary.

Besides, DeSean always seems to get dinged up for a few games every year. So far that has not been the case with Brandin. As long as a healthy Gurley is available to draw the safeties in, the deep ball will always be a viable option for the Horns.