Boras: Goff IS ready

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sounds like it's more a problem of Fisher being ready to make the switch than Goff being ready to play.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It could just be a matter of he knows the terminology, knows what to do and all the rest but they want to give him more time with the 1's to develop at least a little rapport before he plays.

This is going to be the McNair method but a bit faster, which I have been saying for awhile now. This is how Fisher wants to do it, and nothing including the W-L record is going to change that IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

(On if he senses if he could handle a game situation if his number was called)
“I think Jared would’ve said that a year ago. That’s the great thing about Jared, how confident he is. I think, yeah, he is ready, and I know he believes that he’s ready, and I believe the coaches and his teammates know he’s able, if he’s called upon, to go out there and do it. That’s the thing since we’ve all met Jared, is the confidence that he has. He’s a great teammate, he’s helping Case. But if his number gets called, we know he’s capable and ready to go out there and play.”

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It could just be a matter of he knows the terminology, knows what to do and all the rest but they want to give him more time with the 1's to develop at least a little rapport before he plays.

This is going to be the McNair method but a bit faster, which I have been saying for awhile now. This is how Fisher wants to do it, and nothing including the W-L record is going to change that IMO.

It seems that Jarred is the man next year for sure, with Case not being signed. So, I wonder what happens if the Rams do resign Case, or if he walks. Just think if he were to be the starter next year too. If he walks away, what is his compensation pick valued at? Any guesses?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It seems that Jarred is the man next year for sure, with Case not being signed. So, I wonder what happens if the Rams do resign Case, or if he walks. Just think if he were to be the starter next year too. If he walks away, what is his compensation pick valued at? Any guesses?

I have no idea what will happen but I hope they keep CK, he is a really good backup and those aren't easy to find. Goff will probably get dinged up in the next few years, it happens to almost every QB, having a guy who can manage games backing up the starter is valuable as hell IMO.

Ram65

Legend
Now, if he springs Jared unexpectedly on Sunday, that would be something nice. Let the Panthers prepare for Case, then present the man with the Golden Arm. Please bear with me while I pretend The Fisher King has a plan.

You are not the only one brother!

Why not surprise the Panthers and everyone else! I don't Fisher making an announcement ahead of time. He likes to be sneaky.:hiding:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Not sure how much better Goff might be when I see quotes like this that I just saw on ESPN page:

i

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer
Rams WR Tavon Austin called his last game "probably my toughest game, even though I scored a touchdown. Mentally, I wasn't in it. ... I just know myself, and I wasn't really into it like myself. There wasn't no excuses or nothing."

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I have no idea what will happen but I hope they keep CK, he is a really good backup and those aren't easy to find. Goff will probably get dinged up in the next few years, it happens to almost every QB, having a guy who can manage games backing up the starter is valuable as hell IMO.

I don't think we'll be able to retain him. he's gonna want a starting job and honestly he deserves it. Yes, he's made mistakes and looked bad at times but he's also looked pretty damn good at times too.
Imagine CK on a team that knows how to work with QB's and a solid offense to fall back on. I'd bet a pretty penny he'd be a top 10 QB.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how much better Goff might be when I see quotes like this that I just saw on ESPN page:

i

Rams WR Tavon Austin called his last game "probably my toughest game, even though I scored a touchdown. Mentally, I wasn't in it. ... I just know myself, and I wasn't really into it like myself. There wasn't no excuses or nothing."

IF this is true ....for 42 million id make sure i was mentally ready every single game ..no excuses

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame

i

Not going to lie, this pisses me off something fierce.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

i

What a bunch of bullshit. Just another reason not to have given Tavon that big contract.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have figured a guy that has NEVER rode the bench was ready week 1....I really wanna know, if Case is actually "ready", the what the hell is wrong with him? Or, do the last 3 games final drives prove that, although one is "ready", mistakes are still made. Go figure...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we'll be able to retain him. he's gonna want a starting job and honestly he deserves it. Yes, he's made mistakes and looked bad at times but he's also looked pretty damn good at times too.
Imagine CK on a team that knows how to work with QB's and a solid offense to fall back on. I'd bet a pretty penny he'd be a top 10 QB.

You'd lose that pretty penny. Keenum wouldn't start on another team in the NFL unless their starter suffered an injury.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
You'd lose that pretty penny. Keenum wouldn't start on another team in the NFL unless their starter suffered an injury.

We all know your hate for Keenum is strong, we got it. Really we do. Move on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We all know your hate for Keenum is strong, we got it. Really we do. Move on.

I don't hate any Rams player. I simply accept that what I'm seeing from Keenum is who Keenum is. I accepted that about Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, and Nick Foles too when many denied it.

You want to know the truth? The Texans had Keenum. He started for him. They still cut him. We picked him up. We cut him. They picked him up. They started him.They traded him to us for a 7th round pick. We started him. We traded a ton of assets to move up to #1 to draft a QB.

I don't know what fantasy you're living in where Keenum is a top 10 QB, but it's not what we're seeing on the field. I wish it was what we were seeing on the field.

You're right when you say that Keenum has looked good at times and bad at times. The thing that separates backup QBs from starting QBs is that starting QBs look good most of the time. Keenum ain't a starting QB that a NFL team is happy with. He's one of the few current starting QBs in the NFL with more Ints than TDs, and he's thrown the second most Ints in the NFL this year. That's not a top 10 QB.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
At the rate Fisher's starting Keenum, wouldn't be surprised if he breaks Brett Favre's career INT record.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Honestly, it's just not worth caring about anymore. Fisher will be Fisher. Trying to understand his motives will just get you more irritated.
Lol.
I want Goff to play for you, almost more than I want it myself....and I want Goff starting pretty badly.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I don't hate any Rams player. I simply accept that what I'm seeing from Keenum is who Keenum is. I accepted that about Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, and Nick Foles too when many denied it.

You want to know the truth? The Texans had Keenum. He started for him. They still cut him. We picked him up. We cut him. They picked him up. They started him.They traded him to us for a 7th round pick. We started him. We traded a ton of assets to move up to #1 to draft a QB.

I don't know what fantasy you're living in where Keenum is a top 10 QB, but it's not what we're seeing on the field. I wish it was what we were seeing on the field.

You're right when you say that Keenum has looked good at times and bad at times. The thing that separates backup QBs from starting QBs is that starting QBs look good most of the time. Keenum ain't a starting QB that a NFL team is happy with. He's one of the few current starting QBs in the NFL with more Ints than TDs, and he's thrown the second most Ints in the NFL this year. That's not a top 10 QB.

I realize he started for the Texans but they were no where near a top offense when he took over. Fact is neither you nor I know for sure if he would be a good QB if he a good offense to surround him with. It's all hearsay.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
For a head coach that is in his last year of his contract and moved up in the draft for a franchise QB , to have his offensive coordinator say he is ready to play and be 3-4 and 3rd in the division and to continue with Case is mind boggling to me . I would be horrified not playing him, losing my job at the end of the season not knowing what he could have done . Than sitting at home ( Fish ) next season waching the QB I drafted leading the LA Rams to an above . 500 average and leading the division . Just saying , lol