Bobby Wagner Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I haven't been excited about the Rams getting Wagner (other needs and cost).

On the other hand, if he can trim down and get in great shape to get back a little more quickness by he might be a nice addition. Paying him less with a big chip on his shoulder could work out for the Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Safety Jordan Fuller can make tackles Butt-Monkey, Fuller has been a lurker, very slow on the draw, likes to watch others do the heavy lifting. JF favors to play deep but he is NOT good at it. I would prefer that DC Morris holds JF's feet to the fire in 2022 & make him the primary up close safety. The problem with that JF has proven injury prone.

Safety Nick Scott IMO has beat out JF as our deep safety by a large margin. NS is much faster & earned to start in the back of our secondary! JF never made a hit on 9ers Samuel like NS. It is not in him. It would be just wrong after NS 2021 season to push him back to the reserve unit on his contractual year.

Terrell Burgess has an outstanding early showing in his rookie season until his real bad lower leg/foot injury under DC Staley. Staley had TB playing every DB post he had. TB was a sure tackler in 2020. DC Morris does not want Burgess on the field. In 2021 Burgess was awful & could not make a tackle 2021 in limited cameo snaps.

Taylor Rapp can tackle & more often does rap up good too. But TR has coverage skills similar to an NT. HUGE liability :emergency:as a starting safety. Best utilize him as a reserve @ both ILB'er posts & never roaming deep in the secondary like DC Morris did in 2021.

Your statement on Troy Reeder "I’m not going to say if The Rams need to bring him back or not" speaks volumes on just how fine of a Ram MLB'er he was.:drum:

Well I will say Troy Reeder is a Player The Rams trust.They are letting him test the open market.You think he is just going to walk ?

Look what Kenny Young brought The Rams ? M. Peter’s ? Anyway what about your guy Micah ? Kiser or MK as you like to call him is gone & TH is just a body.Troy Reeder has been all that. I see him improving yet another season.

Ranma

Rookie
Both Eisen and Cowherd think Wagner should sign with the Rams and Brock Huard is of the opinion that Wagner needs a veteran agent to set his expectations more realistically.

I've heard that the Cowboys have stated that they are out of the running for Wagner and that it's currently between the Rams and Ravens. Someone else pointed out that the Ravens have the ability to offer more money than the Rams albeit relatively slightly more, so I'm guessing Wagner is trying to decide whether he should go strictly for the bag or pursue the better opportunity to win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7RMVIjaWzg&t=465s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijjmEVvZmc

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well I will say Troy Reeder is a Player The Rams trust.They are letting him test the open market.You think he is just going to walk ?

...... TH is just a body.Troy Reeder has been all that. I see him improving yet another season.
The "just a body " WSILB'er Travin Howard is now the 7th highest defensive player on the Ram roster. Did Snead just give TH a sizeable pay raise to be "Just a Body"?

Why did the Rams sign
TH to a 2 yr contract when they could have just signed him on the cheap to a 1 yr contract since TH was not a UFA but a ERFA /RFA?

TH was healthy enough for 16 gms in 2021 with only 2 starts. This was after TH earned the starting WSILB post in 2020, suffered an early knee injury & surgery reconstruction. TH did miss 2 complete seasons due to injury.

So can you advise me who is Snead/McVay/Morris is going to start @ the two ILB'er posts in 2022?

Rams knew early in 2020 that TH's backup Kenny Young was not as fast as TH. Nor did WSILB'er Kenny Young have the nose for the football as TH. Nor was Kenny Young as good @ tackling as TH. To summarize a healthy TH was the future starter @ WSILB so Young was traded off.

I would predict that unless MLB'er Ernest Jones suffers an injury Troy Reeder will NOT be a Ram in 2022. Why was MLB'er Ernest Jones drafted by Snead when the Rams had Troy Reeder starting @ MLB'er already?

It was Troy Reeder who appeared to be playing & helping the 9ers in a Ram uniform in that NFC Championship game. Reeder might have got the 9ers game ball from HC Kyle Shanahan if the 9ers had won that game.

Last edited:

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The "just a body " WSILB'er Travin Howard is now the 7th highest defensive player on the Ram roster. Did Snead just give TH a sizeable pay raise to be "Just a Body"?

Why did the Rams sign
TH to a 2 yr contract when they could have just signed him on the cheap to a 1 yr contract since TH was not a UFA but a ERFA /RFA?

TH was healthy enough for 16 gms in 2021 with only 2 starts. This was after TH earned the starting WSILB post in 2020, suffered an early knee injury & surgery reconstruction. TH did miss 2 complete seasons due to injury.

So can you advise me who is Snead/McVay/Morris is going to start @ the two ILB'er posts in 2022?

Rams knew early in 2020 that TH's backup Kenny Young was not as fast as TH. Nor did WSILB'er Kenny Young have the nose for the football as TH. Nor was Kenny Young as good @ tackling as TH. To summarize a healthy TH was the future starter @ WSILB so Young was traded off.

I would predict that unless MLB'er Ernest Jones suffers an injury Troy Reeder will NOT be a Ram in 2022. Why was MLB'er Ernest Jones drafted by Snead when the Rams had Troy Reeder starting @ MLB'er already?

It was Troy Reeder who appeared to be playing & helping the 9ers in a Ram uniform in that NFC Championship game. Reeder might have got the 9ers game ball from HC Kyle Shanahan if the 9ers had won that game.
Imo the correct strategy by the Rams would be to match the Ravens' offer. That would likely bring Wagner to LA. And an All-Pro tackling machine to the middle of the D.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Both Eisen and Cowherd think Wagner should sign with the Rams and Brock Huard is of the opinion that Wagner needs a veteran agent to set his expectations more realistically.

I've heard that the Cowboys have stated that they are out of the running for Wagner and that it's currently between the Rams and Ravens. Someone else pointed out that the Ravens have the ability to offer more money than the Rams albeit relatively slightly more, so I'm guessing Wagner is trying to decide whether he should go strictly for the bag or pursue the better opportunity to win.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7RMVIjaWzg&t=465s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijjmEVvZmc

I think you are right @Ranma its probably that. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Ravens offer is temptingly more... THIS year.

So Wagoner is wrestling with what LA adds to our offer, in benefits to him. Winning. Being home. Maybe next contract. Maybe endorsements.

dang

Legend

Look what Kenny Young brought The Rams ? M. Peter’s ? Anyway what about your guy Micah ? Kiser or MK as you like to call him is gone & TH is just a body.Troy Reeder has been all that. I see him improving yet another season.
Young >> Reeder but I suspect he was a big of a loose cannon. Reeder is good ST and ILB #4 material.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Imo the correct strategy by the Rams would be to match the Ravens' offer. That would likely bring Wagner to LA. And an All-Pro tackling machine to the middle of the D.
Bonifay’d point was well taken by me.
I’ll give him that & the case he presented.
I’m a Draftnik type & the way I do it is circle players a draft value.It’s just the way I’ve always done it.

Jordyn Brooks was a player I circled & Bonifay’d thought he stunk!!!! What 184 tackles in a season? That can’t be true ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Young >> Reeder but I suspect he was a big of a loose cannon. Reeder is good ST and ILB #4 material.

Agree - but Bonifay’d wants to devalue Troy Reeder as a Ram. That’s cool,but I look on the bright side.
I’d get frustrated at his play sometimes & know his limits,but The Rams did win the SuperBowl.
T Howard is a Ram as he stated for 2 years. Yesterday Mcvay stated he wanted Bobby Wagner.Big upgrade & an excellent mentor for E. Jones.I’m over Troy Reeder until he is not a Ram.We will find out soon enough.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One report was that Young liked to freelance. Too bad. He made plays and was fast with better lateral movement.

We saw that with Cooks if you recall. When Cooks ran a bad route McVay looked like his head was going to explode,

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
One report was that Young liked to freelance. Too bad. He made plays and was fast with better lateral movement.

We saw that with Cooks if you recall. When Cooks ran a bad route McVay looked like his head was going to explode,
Yeah, I was bummed when Young was traded. Really liked him as ILB.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Buffalo could make sense for Wagner. They want to improve their defense to avoid a shootout with the Chiefs. They gave Miller a ludicrous contract. Why not 11 million to Wagner.
Never thought of them. I could totally see it being BUF. And I'll immediately create an ultimate hate for them packing Von and Wagner.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Buffalo has stub ILB Tremaine Edwards in the last year of his rookie deal that pays him almost 13 mill. Cant see them adding Wagner salary to the mix? I mean, yeah, KC destroyed the D, but they were the #1 defense in the league. Seems strange if they add him

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agree - but Bonifay’d wants to devalue Troy Reeder as a Ram. That’s cool,but I look on the bright side.
I’d get frustrated at his play sometimes & know his limits,but The Rams did win the SuperBowl.
T Howard is a Ram as he stated for 2 years. Yesterday Mcvay stated he wanted Bobby Wagner.Big upgrade & an excellent mentor for E. Jones.I’m over Troy Reeder until he is not a Ram.We will find out soon enough.
So Ram you're mistaken on this my fellow Ram bud! Please take time to understand I do not want to devalue or degrade Troy Reeder Okay?

If you wish to be correct here, may I suggest you may want to go back & use the search app here in ROD. I would invite you if you take the time to search Troy Reeder then insert BonifayRam as the poster. Please go all the way back to the time Troy Reeder his initial first sighting in a Ram uni. What you will discover is far more positive posts on Troy Reeder than negative.

In one of my more recent posts, you will see where I praised him for his valued effort for always preparing himself to be available to play in place of the several Rams starters @ MLB'er who for whatever reasons were constantly injured. TR was never injured! That's why he was a 3 yr starting MLB'er for this winning Ram team. If the Rams were to desire to move away from 2020/2021 34 defense to a 43 D then TR would be a prospect to be part of this team as a Strong Side OLB'er post.

IMO the time has come for this Ram Org to move on from TR & it would appear to me they have done just that. TR simply is a very Gigantic detriment for this Ram defense with DC Morris. All you have to do to see this is watch the NFC Championship gm. where the 9ers took full aim :bullseye:@ TR & manipulated him to the maximum. If TR is on the field all opponents will do the same.