Bobby Wagner Released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
All in on him if he's in the I'll take a fair package, not necessarily less than what I'm worth, for a chance to win, slam Seattle and play at home if he's from LA. What a great ending to this story it would be for Les. Defense wins championships and this would fill a need that would make us even better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bring it home Bobby and get another chip! This strikes me though as a general announcement from them to the league "hey we're gonna cut him make us a trade offer".

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think Les will do what he should have done in 2012 and make bobby a ram. It will give him some closure for that huge, huge, mistake.

With Russell in Denver, Im guessing Von will follow.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
16m for a 31 year old off-ball linebacker in todays NFL is just bad business, so I get the decision. Nobody was trading for him at that price. He will have a hell of a market as an FA though for sure.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Also Von isn't going anywhere. You're all reading too much in to twitter posturing.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wagner and Jones at ILB would give us a tandem in the middle at LB I cant ever remember having. Jones is going to be a stud and Wagner is a first ballot HOF. I think this is a good backup plan to have if we lose out on Von. Added elite talent on the defensive side is never a bad idea. Ramsey was on Twitter today talking about Bobby Wagner and how the Rams play franchise with the salary cap turned off :laugh4:.
LOL

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With a guy like Wagner it's all about whether he's got that fire in him still. He can play for sure.

But for me at least positions like RB and ILB are heavy on hitting and work best with younger guys who have fresh legs and shit. I'd love to see us add him at an affordable rate but barring that who would you pass on to do that? Because that's plus cost to an already loaded roster and cap.

If we're gonna add a big cost to the equation I'd prefer we go after a corner like the kid from the Pats. Or a safety like Honey Badger. Those would actually boost positions where we are weak. Strangely enough I don't think ILB is going to be a weakness for us. I think with Jones' addition we're in better shape there than we've been in a long time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bobby Wagner just had his career high in total tackles, 2nd highest total solos.
Got plenty of gas in the tank, and I'd think any Vet who gets cut would be especially motivated to prove that team wrong. And if by chance he could play for a team that actually plays against the team that cut him?? Hmmm.....

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yes please. Its the kinda big signing that is in Les Sneads ally. Righting some old wrongs, doesn't affect comp formula, elite player. Only down side is it doesn't involve trading picks. Get it done Snead!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
PLEASE!!! I've always loved the way he plays and wanted him badly in the draft. He won't count against the comp formula and, maybe best of all, will keep Reeder off the field. We'd have perhaps the best ILB duo in the league. I'd REALLY love this signing. Make it so Snead!!!

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
The Seahawks have put their franchise in position to be basement dwellers
for years to come.
Instead of getting rid of the real problem Pete C. and the GM They have chose to get rid of
a QB capable of winning more SB's and their leader on defense.
As a owner How the fuck do you choose Pete Carroll and his dopey GM over WILSON.
It is beyond stupid this is texans level stupidity.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
for years to come.
Instead of getting rid of the real problem Pete C. and the GM They have chose to get rid of
As a owner How the fuck do you choose Pete Carroll and his dopey GM over WILSON.
Pete assumed a too-prominent place in the building after Allen died.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
for years to come.

Leadership vacuum.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
With a guy like Wagner it's all about whether he's got that fire in him still. He can play for sure.

But for me at least positions like RB and ILB are heavy on hitting and work best with younger guys who have fresh legs and shit. I'd love to see us add him at an affordable rate but barring that who would you pass on to do that? Because that's plus cost to an already loaded roster and cap.

If we're gonna add a big cost to the equation I'd prefer we go after a corner like the kid from the Pats. Or a safety like Honey Badger. Those would actually boost positions where we are weak. Strangely enough I don't think ILB is going to be a weakness for us. I think with Jones' addition we're in better shape there than we've been in a long time.
Wagner imo would be a stupendous addition to the Rams though I doubt it happens. No more weakness in the middle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
for years to come.
Jody Allen doesn’t have the first clue about football. I’m guessing she trusts Pete and John Schneider because her father did.