Bob Papa just said

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RFIP agreed and there is quite a bit of pressure not only on Bradford, but Kenny Britt, Brian Quick and the WR's currently on the roster. Again Seattle won without a top flight WR although Harvin did make a bit play, but Austin has that ability.

Who's going to be the guy to catch the ball when they need a big first down? Not sure, but this is the group the Rams now have and I hope that Kenny Britt can comeback or the light comes on for Quick because one of them is going to have to step up.

IMO it takes WR's a few years even the great ones, that's why I'm hoping that Britt can remain healthy and offer something or Quick lives up to the potential.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Complaining about Sam's receivers strikes me as pre-loading the excuses for if he fails. Look at last year's WR talent on the Seahawks... They just won it all with a more pedestrian group than Sam will have this season.

Hopefully he will stay healthy this season and have a top statistical year so some of his most ardent followers can chill on beating the #1 WR drum.
Agreed. The seahawks and 49ers had the two least amount of pass attempts per game last year (31st and 32nd in the league respectively) and progressed further than most of the teams in the top 10 of the same category. They also had the second and third highest rushing attempts per game in the league last year -- second only to Buffalo. Gee, I wonder why we tried to fortify run blocking and rushing in this year's draft.

There's more than enough here to make it every bit as far as Seattle.
Inexperience at wideout has been the hurdle, so adding even more inexperience doesn't strike me as the answer.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Chargers swiped DX after cuts a couple years back and he BTFU for them. Amendola was an early season addition for this team in '09 (I think) and made an impact on the field and a bigger impact on S/T.

It doesn't happen every year, but as the cliché goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

iced

Agreed. The seahawks and 49ers had the two least amount of pass attempts per game last year (31st and 32nd in the league respectively) and progressed further than most of the teams in the top 10 of the same category. They also had the second and third highest rushing attempts per game in the league last year -- second only to Buffalo. Gee, I wonder why we tried to fortify run blocking and rushing in this year's draft.
Yet Seattle had two 800+ yard receivers, Anquan Boldin had over 1000 yards, and vernon Davis had 850 yards, 13 tds
They ran the ball, but they also could pass it and couldn't be made one dimensional.

ED_29

A) it's been like this since the day they drafted Sam, it's never been good.

B) Please with the Seagawk comparisons, they were LAST (32nd) in the NFL in pass attempts.

If you are suggesting we will win the SB this year being last then I am all in baby!!

to be accurate http://www.seahawks.com/team/statistics.html

Hawks gave up 44 sacks
Wilson threw 26 tds passses, 63%, 8.2 yards per completion, 101 QB rating

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

The link above ranks the olines. The 1st table shows how well Stl ranked compared to Sea in run blocking. The portion of the table in blue shows how well the lines pass blocked. Notice Sea is at the bottom and Stl is ranked 14th and with more attempts too.

I think you are a bit to quick to try and dismiss what Wilson accomplished and how similar the Rams and the Seahawks are. In fact the entire division is a carbon copy of one another with but a few exceptions.. however, in the case of the olines the Rams was clearly better last year

ED_29

Yet Seattle had two 800+ yard receivers, Anquan Boldin had over 1000 yards, and vernon Davis had 850 yards, 13 tds
They ran the ball, but they also could pass it and couldn't be made one dimensional.
well they could be made one dimension ... in fact that how the Rams nearly beat Seattle in St Louis last year. The thing is they had QBs that were cable of making enough plays to win. The Rams did not have that with Clemens and we saw that first hand in St Louis when he was unable to pull that thing out goal to go.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And?

Look, I acknowledge your position that all of our receivers suck and Fisher/Snead are negligent for not fortifying the position in this year's draft. All I've been trying to show is that there are other ways to use receivers and/or win in this league. It's my BELIEF that the receivers will continue to develop and become more involved in the passing game. With the addition of Greg Robinson and Tre Mason, more passing opportunities should arise. If we don't capitalize on that, then you can beat your drum and say it's because we didn't secure the services of another rookie wideout.

At this point I'm done debating this. My primary objective on this board is to support the team and rationalize their decisions. If that's going to be misconstrued as being a homer or something, that's fine. I'm more invested in hoping for the best every year than I am predicting failure. It's just the way I like to approach things.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
If Britt, Quick and Givens under perform this gear I could see at least two of them not making it on the team the following year. Quite possible all 3. Depending how they perform would make the Rams grab a wr early next year, though picking 32nd isnt to early :sneaky:

iced

well they could be made one dimension ... in fact that how the Rams nearly beat Seattle in St Louis last year. The thing is they had QBs that were cable of making enough plays to win. The Rams did not have that with Clemens and we saw that first hand in St Louis when he was unable to pull that thing out goal to go.

they also had several injured players, particularly to both tackles and I think RG.. believe we had 6 or 7 sacks that game.

that was a brutal game by clemens too - missed so many reads and open receivers that game. but just because clemens was bad doesn't explain why givens still remained very subpar when bradford was starting.

iced

With the addition of Greg Robinson and Tre Mason, more passing opportunities should arise.

Don't remind me about Greg Robinson and pass blocking please :ROFLMAO:
At this point I'm done debating this. My primary objective on this board is to support the team and rationalize their decisions. If that's going to be misconstrued as being a homer or something, that's fine. I'm more invested in hoping for the best every year than I am predicting failure. It's just the way I like to approach things.
I just disagree with the rationalization, not your intent. I'm hoping for the best, but the talent at receiver worrys me.

There's a reason talking heads continue to say Sam still needs that weapon at receiver

ED_29

I just disagree with the rationalization, not your intent. I'm hoping for the best, but the talent at receiver worrys me.

There's a reason talking heads continue to say Sam still needs that weapon at receiver
they have drafted the talent .... they simply believe in it more than you do obviously... I mean the Rams have drafted a lot of WRs here lately. I would have loved to see Watkins but I get why they didn't do it

iced

they have drafted the talent .... they simply believe in it more than you do obviously... I mean the Rams have drafted a lot of WRs here lately. I would have loved to see Watkins but I get why they didn't do it

I disagree when you look at the snap counts - it looks like they're still trying to figure it out

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I really wish you would read what I'm saying. I'm counting on his RUN blocking, and that's why I included him in with Mason as pivotal in creating more passing opportunities.

iced

I really wish you would read what I'm saying. I'm counting on his RUN blocking, and that's why I included him in with Mason as pivotal in creating more passing opportunities.

I know but you still used Robinson and Passing in the same sentence - i had to tease a bit. :D

ED_29

I disagree when you look at the snap counts - it looks like they're still trying to figure it out
what are you disagreeing with? that wasn't really an opion... the Rams had the chance to draft Watkins and they passed

its clear they think they are good at WR no?

rdw

Pro Bowler
And?

Look, I acknowledge your position that all of our receivers suck and Fisher/Snead are negligent for not fortifying the position in this year's draft. All I've been trying to show is that there are other ways to use receivers and/or win in this league. It's my BELIEF that the receivers will continue to develop and become more involved in the passing game. With the addition of Greg Robinson and Tre Mason, more passing opportunities should arise. If we don't capitalize on that, then you can beat your drum and say it's because we didn't secure the services of another rookie wideout.

Could not have said it better myself, Dude.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I know but you still used Robinson and Passing in the same sentence - i had to tease a bit. :D
Yeah. That's funny. A shot at Robinson now. Maybe I'm just tired of all the teasing at the expense of the players.

I'll recuse myself from this thread, and the board, until such a time that you all get this shit out of your systems.

RamsFan14

Starter
" BIG NAME" receivers don't all start with big names,some actually make a name for themselves,what a concept!

If Robinson plays LG, I don't think pass blocking will be a problem at for him. LT though... I'd be a bit scare considering he's raw there, but I think he can handle LG. He's got Jake Long to learn from too, how bout that? Lol

iced

Yeah. That's funny. A shot at Robinson now. Maybe I'm just tired of all the teasing at the expense of the players.

I'll recuse myself from this thread, and the board, until such a time that you all get this crap out of your systems.

Cool bro - if you're getting that upset to where you can't tell between me joking around and giving my different opinion on the subject, perhaps its best to just take a break from it.

scifiman

Complaining about Sam's receivers strikes me as pre-loading the excuses for if he fails. Look at last year's WR talent on the Seahawks... They just won it all with a more pedestrian group than Sam will have this season.

Hopefully he will stay healthy this season and have a top statistical year so some of his most ardent followers can chill on beating the #1 WR drum.
I really think it is a combination of Bradford, the WR's and Schotty's play calling and scheme. I really think this is a make it or break year for Schotty. All the fancy schemes make playing more difficult if you are trying to remember everything. Keep it simple and if it is working keep doing it until they stop you.