Bob Papa just said

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Both Robinson and Donald interviewed like great guys last week and felt the Rams hit two HR's.

Bill Polian chimed in with glowing remarks on the Rams draft.

Polian then said (I almost puked at first) that "they have built a great defense, now it's up to Bradfird to deliver because they've got everything else, that team is ready to move...except they don't have a big time receiver but they can get that, probably when teams cut to 53 (which I found to be a totally bizarre statement though I love Polian)."

He went on to say; "you hope for the Rams, and for the league really, that Sam can stay healthy because the truth is, when he has been healthy he has delivered."

I just don't see how the Rams can get a dynamic wr before this season starts.

Truth be told, 2015 is supposed to be a BAD year for wrs. Rams will have to pony up in FA to get one next off season, that market looks at least doable as of today.

PhxRam

He makes a valid point, IMO. Lets wait and see what shakes loose and maybe land a big name receiver, albeit probably a 1 year rental.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
" BIG NAME" receivers don't all start with big names,some actually make a name for themselves,what a concept!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Either the coaches think they have the players they need to do the job or they're blind to a need! I think the former!

FRO

Legend
I think 2015 will have some good WRs.

I read that Robinson got a 22 on the wonderlic, which is good for an offensive linemen. You need smart guys up front. If Boudreau can make Williams and Smith sought after guys in free agency, hopefully he can make Robinson that elite LT we haven't seen since Pace, Jones, and Ogden. Kid is raw, but he has great upside.

Donald will be a star in this defense.

If those two picks reach their potential I could be on the level with the Ravens draft of Ogden and Lewis and the Bucs draft of Sapp and Brooks.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Either the coaches think they have the players they need to do the job or they're blind to a need! I think the former!

I'm a Fisher guy through and through but I think it's the later. His track record with wrs is not good.

RamsFan14

Starter
We really are just missing that big time WR... That's honestly are biggest weakness at this point. Could use another LB imo, but even there too that's not too bad. Really banking on the combination of Austin and Cook to step up there games. They are both really dynamic players and can help this team in varies ways. I'm not relying too much on Cook as I am on Austin. We traded up for him and he's got a lot of talent that makes him so unique. I really think he can be our Danny Amendola for us AND THEN SOME cause he's a great deep threat with his speed.

I'm feeling confident in Austin really to be our Amendola this year... Just have to hope Givens and/or Quick step up to the plate and show improvement. The Rams put draft picks into our WRs, it's time they start delivering.

Fisher has REALLY developed this team, it's pretty nuts how talented we are... He's put talent everywhere, it's remarkable...

ED_29

" BIG NAME" receivers don't all start with big names,some actually make a name for themselves,what a concept!
Yes... WRs develop just like they do on other teams. Not only is it time for Sam but it's time for Quick and Givens, Austin and yes Bailey. Obviously the Rams believe more in Sam than some of Sam's biggest supporters. They clearly believe they have given him the weapons to succeed. Time will tell

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I guess I should have said established.
Nah , I'd still have said that established is an acquired trait, which was my point , sometimes you have to wait on draft choices to develop, Snead and Fisher have built a hell of a team and if it becomes apparent to them they need a rec. they are positioned now to add that piece if it isn't already here.I think it is

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes... WRs develop just like they do on other teams. Not only is it time for Sam but it's time for Quick and Givens, Austin and yes Bailey. Obviously the Rams believe more in Sam than some of Sam's biggest supporters. They clearly believe they have given him the weapons to succeed. Time will tell
Man can I give this a "superlike"?

RFIP

You should have listened to the man who drafted Sam then. Delaney himself talks openly about how they failed Sam by never getting him a #1, a trait Snisher and company have continued.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Complaining about Sam's receivers strikes me as pre-loading the excuses for if he fails. Look at last year's WR talent on the Seahawks... They just won it all with a more pedestrian group than Sam will have this season.

Hopefully he will stay healthy this season and have a top statistical year so some of his most ardent followers can chill on beating the #1 WR drum.

RFIP

A) it's been like this since the day they drafted Sam, it's never been good.

B) Please with the Seagawk comparisons, they were LAST (32nd) in the NFL in pass attempts.

If you are suggesting we will win the SB this year being last then I am all in baby!!

Complaining about Sam's receivers strikes me as pre-loading the excuses for if he fails. Look at last year's WR talent on the Seahawks... They just won it all with a more pedestrian group than Sam will have this season.

Hopefully he will stay healthy this season and have a top statistical year so some of his most ardent followers can chill on beating the #1 WR drum.