Binge worthy shows

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Episode 1 was so bad I stopped and figured I'd wait for more reviews. Looks like I won't bother.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
it's getting harder and harder to care for Disney Star Wars
There are no words for how bad The Acolyte is. I am quite irritated by this too, since I am a big fan of the universe. Star Wars under Disney has been trending down for a while, honestly, with only Andor being worth a shit. Andor is actually excellent, which is very strange given just about all the rest of it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
There are no words for how bad The Acolyte is. I am quite irritated by this too, since I am a big fan of the universe. Star Wars under Disney has been trending down for a while, honestly, with only Andor being worth a shit. Andor is actually excellent, which is very strange given just about all the rest of it.
giphy.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
A little bit of Star Trek news

not alot of details have come out yet

but supposably , it's be set in the same time line as Star Trek Discovery was , like a thousand years in the future of the original series

or something like that , I don't watch Discovery

but the new show will take place in Discovery times line

the Show is called Starfleet Academy , apparently , in that time line , Starfleet Academy has been closed for a hundred years

and is now set to reopen ,

we do now know two of the actors that will be staring in the show , Holly Hunter and Paul Giamatti

Holly Hunter will be in charge of the school and Paul Giamatti is being listed as the bad guy , whatever that means

paul-giamatti-holly-hunter-1014x570.jpg

1ca1725701859b698300f6292777dd5a

oh yea , one other thing , Tawny Newsome, she's the voice of Mariner on Lower Decks, she'll be one of the writers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIONgkyGOw

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Discovery IMO was great and I look forward to Academy.

Four episodes into Dark Matter and enjoying this a lot and not just due to having Jennifer Connelly in it :D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Four episodes into Dark Matter and enjoying this a lot and not just due to having Jennifer Connelly in it :D
Must be torture seeing that much of her while knowing that she wont do nudes any more. Lol

Q729

Legend
The Show is called Starfleet Academy , apparently , in that time line , Starfleet Academy has been closed for a hundred years

and is now set to reopen ,

we do now know two of the actors that will be staring in the show , Holly Hunter and Paul Giamatti

Holly Hunter will be in charge of the school and Paul Giamatti is being listed as the bad guy , whatever that means

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LIONgkyGOw

He's gonna be yelling at all the cadets telling them he doesn't want any fucking Merlot.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Star Wars Acolyte

this show has been getting alot of hate , and yes , last weeks episode was a little .................................

anyways , even though I believe this show has a lot of problems , , I haven't really been one of the ones hating on it

and tonight's episode , even being the shortest episode , I believe is easily , the best episode so far , it was a actually pretty goodish , kinda sorta

spoiler below ..........

if you're one of the ones watching the show , avoid the spoiler till you've watched the episode

if you're one of the ones not watching the show..................

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yeah I love the premise of Dark Matter. It reminds me of Counterpart. Always a fan of good scifi, especially when they cast classy middle aged babes for us oldsters. :laugh3:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Star Wars Acolyte

this show has been getting alot of hate , and yes , last weeks episode was a little .................................

anyways , even though I believe this show has a lot of problems , , I haven't really been one of the ones hating on it
I always take exception to the modern comment of saying fans hate on something. Whether it's a player you think is not good enough, or whether it's a movie or show you think is bad. Because this stuff succeeds only in making ready-made excuses and victimization curve storylines which I consider to be unnecessary. Bad is bad and everyone's got a take on what constitutes bad, mine just happens to be intelligence in the actual show.

What makes it worse is Star Wars has never been an intelligent show. It's always been a little boy fantasy of growing up to be a fighter pilot, oh wait he also gets to play with a sword that can cut through anything and hey let's give him magic on top of all that bullshit. The plot wasn't hard to figure out either, other than the reversal of, well, I don't want to spoil the secret of Darth Vader's parentage for @Loyal so nevermind on that one. But George Lucas' dedication and love he built into the characters made it work. Somehow it worked which in turn made the show magic.

Star Trek which I also love very much was moreso the intellect show. It was built on scientific projections and some of them were damn good. Of course it also had ridiculous shit in it like the Captain going on away teams for example, every planet having oxygen, etc. But it has done a better job of ensuring the writing is up to snuff over the years and all the spinoffs.

I think overall if you want to make a show in either of these universes going back to the basics of human drama and the simple things that drive us is the key. This has nothing to do with politics or what color any actor is or any of that shit. It's about quality of the writing, quality of the characters, quality of the directing, etc.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Star Trek which I also love very much was moreso the intellect show. It was built on scientific projections and some of them were damn good. Of course it also had ridiculous shit in it like the Captain going on away teams for example, every planet having oxygen, etc. But it has done a better job of ensuring the writing is up to snuff over the years and all the spinoffs.
I didn't have a problem with the planets having oxygen because there are quadrillion plus planets out there and the one's they visited were probably analyzed to be an M class planet or other class planet that has oxygen before they went down. They just didn't show the analyzing part in the show the majority of the time. However, they did show it from time to time so I am just going to go with the belief that they did it every time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always take exception to the modern comment of saying fans hate on something. Whether it's a player you think is not good enough, or whether it's a movie or show you think is bad. Because this stuff succeeds only in making ready-made excuses and victimization curve storylines which I consider to be unnecessary. Bad is bad and everyone's got a take on what constitutes bad, mine just happens to be intelligence in the actual show.

What makes it worse is Star Wars has never been an intelligent show. It's always been a little boy fantasy of growing up to be a fighter pilot, oh wait he also gets to play with a sword that can cut through anything and hey let's give him magic on top of all that bullshit. The plot wasn't hard to figure out either, other than the reversal of, well, I don't want to spoil the secret of Darth Vader's parentage for @Loyal so nevermind on that one. But George Lucas' dedication and love he built into the characters made it work. Somehow it worked which in turn made the show magic.

I think overall if you want to make a show in either of these universes going back to the basics of human drama and the simple things that drive us is the key. This has nothing to do with politics or what color any actor is or any of that shit. It's about quality of the writing, quality of the characters, quality of the directing, etc.
I disagree.
The key to both franchises was adventure and a latent super power that each of us might have within us. Fantasy and Science Fiction use this often in story lines.
In Star Trek, most of us loved Spock. His greatest appeal was his use of cool alien logic, which I think most kids tried to emulate at some point. It felt like an example of self development that could be achieved by a kid in Whittier....lol
With Star Wars, it was the fantasy of tapping into "The Force." The idea that if you trained yourself, you might become a Jedi Master, living in a swamp with Yoda, was what attracted me. It's not totally unfounded, either. I've experienced the feeling of throwing a baseball or a basketball and knowing without a doubt it was going exactly where I wanted it to (as soon as it left my fingers). Or breaking bricks or wood with a perfect strike. Could that "knowing" be developed? I rarely experienced this, but it was magical the few times that it happened with me (The Force?)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't have a problem with the planets having oxygen because there are quadrillion plus planets out there and the one's they visited were probably analyzed to be an M class planet or other class planet that has oxygen before they went down. They just didn't show the analyzing part in the show the majority of the time. However, they did show it from time to time so I am just going to go with the belief that they did it every time.
Spock lover!

View: https://i.imgur.com/BNpewnQ.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have similar taste in shoes. I always end up liking your suggestions.

I was skeptical during the first episode of Happy. But was hooked by the second one. I love the characters.
Finished Happy. What a trip. Felt like a combo of "The Boys" and "Die Hard" Lol