Billy D and Bernie M

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

X said:
And Greco too - that was peculiar.

Greco was a locker room politician who also complained to some fans who repeated his stuff on message boards.

If he had anything he would have been playing last year. Instead 2 rookies played ahead of him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
X said:

Greco was a locker room politician who also complained to some fans who repeated his stuff on message boards.

If he had anything he would have been playing last year. Instead 2 rookies played ahead of him.
I know. He told me he was completely mischaracterized. :sly:

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
DR RAM said:
see if you can find out others that were lost

Jermale Hines, Mikail Baker, Jonathan Nelson, Jabara Williams, Hall Davis and George Selvie come to mind.

I don't care about Gilyard. I don't think he has what it takes to make it in this league. Of course I don't know that for sure, but I just never got the impression that he had a head for the game. Fendi Onobun was a shot in the dark to begin with, and I'm not sure he has the tools to make it either.

Did I miss anyone?

Baker was placed on IR and waived.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Every team misses out on talent that they stash on a practice squad/release and then watch them go elsewhere and blow up.

Danny Woodhead... You bet the Jets are kicking themselves over that one.
Danny Amendola... Both the Cowboys AND the Eagles let him get away
Wes Welker... Chargers and somewhat Dolphins as well.

The list goes on and on. There were guys we liked, but there isn't really anyone that has really blown up that Spags leg go as far as I can remember, just bodies really.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:
X said:

[hil]Greco was a locker room politician[/hil] who also complained to some fans who repeated his stuff on message boards.

What does that mean?

Anonymous

DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

[hil]Greco was a locker room politician[/hil] who also complained to some fans who repeated his stuff on message boards.

What does that mean?

Complainer.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

What does that mean?

Complainer.
I never heard this. In fact, I heard the opposite, the guys and coaches regularly ate at his house, because Greco was a good guy and great cook. Seems odd that his former coach would trade for him if he was a cancer. Oh well. Softli told me directly that Greco's problem was that he was too nice of a guy, and not nasty enough to play on Sunday's, and he helped draft him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Zygmunt and Shaw walk into a bar. Does Brooks serve them or tell them to find another bar? More importantly, what does Selassie's parrot say?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
So Zygmunt and Shaw walk into a bar. Does Brooks serve them or tell them to find another bar? More importantly, what does Selassie's parrot say?

images

"RuuuK, let it go, let it go..."

But that is just my opinion.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:

Shoot to kill?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
RamFan503 said:

Shoot to kill?
Oh, good answer.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Brooks serves them cuz he needs tips, the bird doesn't say anything,it doesn't talk to dummies.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
X said:
interference said:
X said:
interference said:
Always enjoy listening to BD. But more than curious why he ducked the Jabara Williams question.
I don't think he did. He wasn't on board with Jabara getting cut, and that's not his call anyway.

What is Jabara doing these days anyway? I know he's with the Bears and all, but is he a highly regarded prospect over there? I honestly don't know, and he gets a lot of air-time for someone that was a 7th round pick and isn't making any noise anywhere. Was he that special?

Here's what BD said in response to the Jabara question...

"I'm a firm believer that there is stuff that goes on behind closed doors that I'd rather stay behind closed doors", Billy Devany.

My earlier post was in reference to this specific comment, as I'm curious what went on behind closed doors that Billy still feels he cannot discuss. I'm not really questioning where releasing Jabara was a good move or not, I'm just interested in the content that Billy can not discuss.
Yeah, I know. He's probably referring to the conversation he and Spags had regarding that player (and probably a few others). I agree with him in that it's really nobody's business but theirs when it comes to things like that.
He's a class act and didn't want to throw anybody named Spags under the buss. He did say it was a terrible decision, and I, this is my opinion, think that if Devaney would have made that decision or agreed with it, he would have owned up to it.

I've said this a couple times and maybe it bears repeating, maybe it doesn't, but it is my true belief that Spags and Devaney were not on the same page their final year. Devaney brought in a lot of young players and clearly wanted to continue rebuilding though the draft. I still remember how he was gushing about some of his finds, just hours before they got cut, and then he was clearly disappointed.

It appeared as if Spagnuolo wanted to win now, and I can't blame him. He probably thought he needed to win to keep his job. I am one who looks for sustainability, and I can be patient when watching something being built the right way. I think the Rams were going in the right direction until last year.

Ultimately, I think that the reason they were fired is because they were not on the same page, and of course, the perfect storm and all.

As far as the current state of the Rams, it's nobody's fault and it everybody's fault.

Jabara, maybe we will hear from him, maybe not, but I think he will stick in the NFL. He was picked up by the Bears for depth and special teams, not as a starter, so he really hasn't had that opportunity to shine. My questioning the move wasn't about whether he was good enough to crack the Bears linebacking core, but whether it was worth the gamble to lose him over Poppinga, or Leber, or Kehl.

I'm going to go with your thoughts on this cause you said it much better than I could.
The dysfunction was owned evenly across the board.
The thing I want to know and it's behind the doors thing is if they were told they had to win or else. If they were did that change the plan? I know something changed and the lockout had nothing to do with that, every team was locked out.

I know Stan K. was minority owner for years but was he looking for a reason to make his own hire as majority owner? That's why no slack was given?
I was pissed about Knox getting the axe and I moved on so this is no biggie.

Anonymous

Yamahopper said:
I'm going to go with your thoughts on this cause you said it much better than I could.
The dysfunction was owned evenly across the board..

What "dysfunction"?

They got crushed by injuries.

All the rest is loose change from under the sofa cushions.

Other than reading WAY too much into what are REALLY small things, is there any ACTUAL evidence of a "dysfunction"?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:

No matter how many times he hears me,,, Rasta has no interest in saying things like cuss words. He doesn't like angry sounds or bad vibes. His vocabulary is huge, but I just can't get him to act pissed,,,,,,,,,, yet.

This macaw however, will stand in for Rasta in the meantime. So they walk into the bar, and......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYZttxunPw[/youtube]

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:
Um... 2-14 = function? Just sayin'

2-14 = massively injured season. (Including the most injured offense in the last decade.)

Saying anything else requires one heck of a lot of overthinking. :cool:

A: why didn't C win the 100 meter?
B: broken leg
A: lack of heart?
B: he broke his leg
A: or maybe he has a bitter conflict with his coach
B: he. Broke. His. Leg.
A: Perhaps they have some terrible impasse about training methods..
B: you can't run with a broken leg.
A: or, maybe he was just never that fast in the first place?

Anonymous

RamFan503 said:

Zygmunt walks into a bar with a duck on a leash.

The bartender, an obvious Rams fan with a #39 jersey on, sees him. The bartender angrily shouts

"hey! pigs are not allowed in this bar!"

Zygmunt haughtily responds "that's not a pig! It's a DUCK."

The bartender says

"I was talking to the duck."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
zn said:
Yamahopper said:
The dysfunction was owned evenly across the board..

What "dysfunction"?

They got crushed by injuries.

All the rest is loose change from under the sofa cushions.

Other than reading WAY too much into what are REALLY small things, is there any ACTUAL evidence of a "dysfunction"?

Stu asked

"2-14= function?"

dysfunction [dɪsˈfʌŋkʃən]
n
1. (Medicine) Med any disturbance or abnormality in the function of an organ or part
2. (esp of a family) failure to show the characteristics or fulfil the purposes accepted as normal or beneficial

Meanwhile the 4th most injured team in the league won the Super Bowl

Injuries impair the ability to do AS well as you can, they do not however dictate the futility of 2-14.

As has been stated ALL teams were locked out , KNOWING that it would be a challenge to install such a complex offense is part and parcel of the HC's job but they went ahead, Devaney sez he saw the dysfunction from day ONE.
THAT is no small thing, in fact the best year Alex Smith has had was due to Harbaugh removing the sight adjustments that confounded our QB and receivers so his QB wouldn't struggle like ours did.

We've read it posited here that Spags deemed his team rebuilt and started filling roles with old guys cutting promising young players instead of continuing the rebuild.
It is now and will continue to be my position that after three years a team SHOULD be rebuilt adequately that it isn't considered "brilliance " to trade down and down and down to acquire bodies because the roster is considered so devoid of talent. Rather given that pick the team in it's fourth year SHOULD be ready for the marquise player ,the icing on the cake ,not STILL be struggling to add the second layer and deferring picks to future years to further rebuild.

IOW they should have been in the position Spags seems to think they were a year previous.
There was plenty of dysfunction for those who see it to refer to, none of the people who see it differently than I do deserve to be disrespected for their disagreement.We can disagree agreeably,it's easy.

I think this draft was amazing, we got young RB's to replace our aged backup ,backing up an aging star who together accounted for a lot of games lost to injury ( someone could have expected that) In fact I HEARD Gil Brant tell last night on Late Hits (XM Radio) that the longevity OF RB's was WHY the Cowboys decided to pick Randy White over Walter Payton,because there were at that time only two RB's in the league with five years experience still functioning at a high level one being Rocky Bleier and the other's name escapes me.

The best friend a young QB can have is a great running game,I think Bradford is going to have a good friend this year a good young one, his "best friend" wasn't reliable last year, Gil Brant backs my belief that it was predictable. I think he has statistics.