Best War Movie of All Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm disabled, can barely walk around,watch Tv all day long.

Just wanna say Thank You for all the Movies Posted.

Peace Out.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
All the best ones have been mentioned.

Band of Brothers is the best, I watch the whole thing every year or so. Just incredible.

Das Boot and Downfall are great for giving the German perspective. Make sure you watch the original Das Boot and not the shitty new remake.

1917 was brilliant too. Dunkirk is another modern one done really well but I wouldn't say is a classic. Saving Private Ryan is great.

I don't like the Vietnam ones as much but there are 2 that I think havent been mentioned yet that are great - We Were Soldiers and the Thin Red Line.

In terms of war books, I like memoirs written by ordinary soldiers who were there. Some of my favourites:

First Light (written by a spitfire pilot)
With a Machine Gun to Cambrai (written by a british WW1 soldier)
Iron Coffins (written by a U-boat Commode)

All 3 of those books should be required reading for any history buff.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haven't seen this one mentioned.

Ghosts Of War

Pretty good movie. More supernatural than war movie.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Tora Tora Tora
Patton
Saving Private Ryan
Platoon
Apocalypse Now

Just a few greats off the top of my head.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
There was a TBS original about Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders that was pretty cool, but it was a two parter, I think. Still, if your a TR fan, it’s worth watching. Stars Tom Berenger.

Can I give a shout out to “Mr Roberts”? Kinda liked that one too.

...but a lot of awesome flicks mentioned here.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those of you who have not seen it, The History channel will be airing HBO's "The Pacific" this Saturday January 30th. They aired all 10 episodes of "Band of Brothers" last Saturday. So this is your big chance to binge watch with commercial breaks.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those of you who have not seen it, The History channel will be airing HBO's "The Pacific" this Saturday January 30th. They aired all 10 episodes of "Band of Brothers" last Saturday. So this is your big chance to binge watch with commercial breaks.
I was wrong, only the first two episodes of "The Pacific" will be aired tonight. Looks like they're going to stretch it out over several weeks. They are showing "Saving Private Ryan" today before "The Pacific".