Best War Movie of All Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Full Metal Jacket

Tano

Legend
Patton

But Just because I like a few laughs in my movies

The Devil's Brigade
Kelly's Heroes
Dirty Dozen
Stalag 14
Good Morning Vietnam

Other Good Movies

D-Day
Midway (Original)
Battle of the Bulge
Platoon

Probably many others that I have forgotten

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Tough decision.
There are several I think of. Platoon, Saving Private Ryan, Glory... the best war movie I have seen in years is The Outpost, the true story of the battle of COP Keating (battle of Kamdesh).
I also really liked Fury.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Glory. An honest war movie with morals and true heroism.

If you really wanna to get a gut-wrenching perspective on American history, first watch Glory, then watch "Free State of Jones". You will not look at America the same.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Tora........Tora.........Tora.............

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It depends on my mood, but an underrated movie is "The Big Red One". Lee Marvin as a tough Seargent leading his men through Africa, D-Day and until victory in Europe. And one of the few non-voice over, non Star Wars movies to show Mark Hamill well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's an underrated war/horror movie called "Overlord". The plane scene is extremely intense, almost as intense as the Saving Private Ryan Omaha Beach scene.

Is it unrealistic (integrated armed forces)? Yeah. Does it do its job as a horror/war film? Hell yeah.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Troy is terrific

300 has its place

Uh....can we include LOTR? I mean there was a massive war going on. Lol

Memento

Name
Jemma
Troy is terrific

300 has its place

Uh....can we include LOTR? I mean there was a massive war going on. Lol

Absolutely! Tolkien actually fought in WW1 (and I believe his son died in that war), and he based the fights in LOTR off of it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
not necessarily a movie ............................exactly

Band Of Brothers

Memento

Name
Jemma
not necessarily a movie ............................exactly

Band Of Brothers

Man, I watched all ten episodes of Band of Brothers. Beautifully done, and it's all true, based on real accounts.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Man, I watched all ten episodes of Band of Brothers. Beautifully done, and it's all true, based on real accounts.
yea , it was written and produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg , same bunch that brought you Saving Private Ryan

Memento

Name
Jemma
Absolutely! Tolkien actually fought in WW1 (and I believe his son died in that war), and he based the fights in LOTR off of it.

Never mind, his son didn't die. I'm certain that another famous author's son died in WW1, but I'm not sure who the author is.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
There's an underrated war/horror movie called "Overlord". The plane scene is extremely intense, almost as intense as the Saving Private Ryan Omaha Beach scene.

Is it unrealistic (integrated armed forces)? Yeah. Does it do its job as a horror/war film? Hell yeah.

How have I not heard of this movie! Wow, might just sit down and watch it tonight!

If you haven't read the book I highly recommend it.

1610591587860.png

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Catch 22

Not a movie, but a book I have always loved and was made into a tv show revently i Havent watched yet with George Clooney.

Memento

Name
Jemma
How have I not heard of this movie! Wow, might just sit down and watch it tonight!

If you haven't read the book I highly recommend it.

View attachment 42857

With Overlord, the thing to note is that it's both a war movie and a horror film. Think Wolfenstein, if you've heard of it.