Best Nicknames In Rams History (And Their Origins)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Was He with us too brief or was he a RAM long enough to have the nickname "THE BATTERING RAM" before he was ever The BUS. I saw him play the Bengals and took my wives inlaws and my new nephews to a cold Bengals game and I'm from Florida. They have to live there in that city.GOD BLESS EM' and WE LOST a game I picked out as one of my road travel games that year. I was humiliated as I had more RAMS gear on than anyone there but I'm a giant so no one messes with me.

I never missed a Fulton County Stadium game as the old Falcons outdoor stadium where I met Vermeil while still calling CBS games that Bartkowski was OUR QB and Dickerson had one of his worst running days ever and Jack Youngblood who always rode the buses with them after eating at"Bones "always the night before every game, and stopped with me and my dad was in the Pictures he let me take of him. A gracious man. I'm so big it actually scared Eric as I approached him. He signed for the little kids but as I waited further up the ramp the RAM buses always unloaded at same spot for every Falcon game. Saw wins too but really wanted Bartkowski to win his return game to his old team. I could put Henry Ellard in my pocket. Hated to lose my secret RAM meeting spot when they built the Georgia Dome until we OWNED that place forever as WORLD CHAMPIONS the first week of 2000 on a very Icy weekend.

The old "Dutchman" even was the Head Coach of the Falcons at the old stadium and the RAMS secret bus stop was my special secret for many years. Can't believe I met Coach Vermeil with Tom Brookshire before a game before he came back to us 14 years after leaving coaching to be a WORLD CHAMPION. No friendlier guy that would talk with anyone at that time. John Robinson always in his Blue satin coaches jacket. I have a blue and solid yellow/gold one one with Hollywood Heroes in Blue embroidered on front along with all the other NFL patches.

Sorry so long. Have too many stories to take to Heaven with me.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
George "The Animal" Steele :)

Love me some turnbuckle!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant believe they missed the #1 nickname for the Rams. My personal favorite
1999 St Louis Rams: Superbowl Champs