Best Broadcast to Watch During the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I always find the best way to get the best insight and information on a particular person is to do my own research, but I like to check for possible reports about who may be going where and why.

MrOrange

UDFA
That’s part of it for me. I’ve listened to him for years. It wouldn’t feel like draft day without a little bit of Kiper
I love Mel Kiper. He gets stuff wrong all the time, I don't really think he's the greatest resource in the world, but I get a kick out of listening to him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Probably ESPN, first. But I flip around between them and NFLN.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
NFL Network is the best for rounds 1 and 2 because they have the most "polished" broadcast and viewing experience IMO. In those rounds, where the players being selected are generally well known and have been heavily scouted, NFL Network's analysis is as good as anywhere else in my experience.

When you get into the late rounds of the draft, if you still want analysis, you are better off switching to PFF etc. NFL Network guys aren't draft geeks. You can tell when they start to no longer know anything about the players left on the board, because they stop talking about the draft picks entirely, and just interview earlier draftees while a ticker runs across the screen to show you who is being selected.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just wish that there would be coverage of just the draft. Real time talk.
It’s so infuriating to tune in and have to suffer thru all of the prepared commentary, personal interest stories etc.
just show the draft. Discuss the player drafted, and who would fit the team on the clock.
In real time. The delays in showing the picks so they can fit in the programming is insane.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
The delays in showing the picks so they can fit in the programming is insane.
That really infuriates me, too. The draft is in the middle of the night over here- I want to see the picks, so that I can go to sleep, not hear about Caleb Williams’ favourite pyjamas when he was three years old.

Memphis Ram

Legend
NFL Network is the best for rounds 1 and 2 because they have the most "polished" broadcast and viewing experience IMO. In those rounds, where the players being selected are generally well known and have been heavily scouted, NFL Network's analysis is as good as anywhere else in my experience.

When you get into the late rounds of the draft, if you still want analysis, you are better off switching to PFF etc. NFL Network guys aren't draft geeks. You can tell when they start to no longer know anything about the players left on the board, because they stop talking about the draft picks entirely, and just interview earlier draftees while a ticker runs across the screen to show you who is being selected.
NFL.com is pretty good on day three, too. That is if you're OK with Lane Zierlein, Bucky Brooks, and usually one other guy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love Mel Kiper. He gets stuff wrong all the time, I don't really think he's the greatest resource in the world, but I get a kick out of listening to him.
I like him too but I don't care for ESPN. Their feed is so commercialized it's hard to watch. I can watch the more unheralded type shows on youtube and have to endure a lot fewer commercials (and zero human interest storyline nonsense) not to mention once shows get really popular they tend to get stupid. The draft coverage was amazing back when it was Boomer & Kiper because they genuinely were excited by it and it had a nerd type feel to it. Nowadays it's a bit too much BS for me.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ESPN radio is my usual. I always tune into ESPN on TV just to get a little Kiper for nostalgia reasons.

I will see if Brugler/Tice, Yahoo, or PFF have anything live going on. I don’t like to sit and watch the entire thing. It’s way too long.
Me too, I’ll turn it on when the Rams pick gets close in the later rounds. Might watch all of round 1 though.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he might know it too; puts it on Autopilot but still draws viewers and gets paid.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
The guy made a handsome living for himself with a lot of hard work. Kudos. But Trent Dilfer being a franchise QB is just laughable. Hell, where did MK have Shuler ranked? The thing Mel Kiper has proven is no matter how much research, no matter how many times a player is interviewed, no matter how many scouts say "this guy is the right pick", they all get it wrong almost as much as they get it right. Mel Kiper too. In other words, they're human. Draft picks are like lottery tickets. When you use them, you have a chance to win. If you don't use them, you have no chance to win......unless you trade them for Matt Stafford. Or Jalen Ramsey. Or somebody else like that.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So the draft starts at 8 PM eastern time. Which is 5 PM my time. Each team has 15 minutes. That could be as much as 4 per hour. Which could make our pick after 9 PM. After midnight on the east coast. They should think have starting a couple hours earlier.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the draft starts at 8 PM eastern time. Which is 5 PM my time. Each team has 15 minutes. That could be as much as 4 per hour. Which could make our pick after 9 PM. After midnight on the east coast. They should think have starting a couple hours earlier.
15 minutes is stupid. Too much time I think. Five, ten at most should be enough but I suppose they are bowing to networks so they can get advertising time in.

WestCoastRam

Legend
15 minutes is stupid. Too much time I think. Five, ten at most should be enough but I suppose they are bowing to networks so they can get advertising time in.
Gotta have time for trades! Especially in the first.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Probably ESPN, first. But I flip around between them and NFLN.
This. Though I've added PFF's live feed to the flipping round chaos too.
I prefer Danial Jeremiah and Charles Johnson to Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. NFL Network > ESPN
McShay is no longer with ESPN, think they will have Field Yates this year which I'm not sold on being better. Been watching Kiper do it my whole life, so a draft wouldn't feel right without at least some of that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams draft cap courtesy of Ramswire:

1711386261753.png