Baseball 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Either way I like our chances. Now if a couple more bats can wake up. (Hello Puig)

I was glad to see Bellinger break out of his slump. The first 3 games he had that deer in the headlights look. I was beginning to think the stage might be to big for him. Give Roberts credit for sticking with what got them there. Some managers woulda made adjustments and those don't always work out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was glad to see Bellinger break out of his slump. The first 3 games he had that deer in the headlights look. I was beginning to think the stage might be to big for him. Give Roberts credit for sticking with what got them there. Some managers woulda made adjustments and those don't always work out.
The video of Cody's first hit is funny what they caught on audio :D

View: https://streamable.com/vl0um

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Miller should not be allowed to ump a game ever again. This dude is fuckin garbage

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doing his best to give Houston the game and now they've tied it up. This guy behind the plate is straight garbage.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last fangraph I saw had the Astro's benefiting from 16 call strikes out of the strike zone and the Dodgers 2. I've never in my life been so disgusted with officiating in any sport.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Last fangraph I saw had the Astro's benefiting from 16 call strikes out of the strike zone and the Dodgers 2. I've never in my life been so disgusted with officiating in any sport.
Early on I saw 3-4 balls 6" out of the strike zone called strikes on Dodger hitters. In the baseball world that is a country mile!

What it also does is take away the confidence of the hitter to trust the zone. Then they start swinging at balls outside the zone.

That dude sucked.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I gotta ask.
Being THE premiere pitcher in the game today, I mean he is flat out amazing during the regular season, how does Kershaw cough up a 4 run lead??

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I gotta ask.
Being THE premiere pitcher in the game today, I mean he is flat out amazing during the regular season, how does Kershaw cough up a 4 run lead??
Several ways, getting squeezed by the umpire, facing the team that led the majors in home runs, different ball conspiracy and he's just tired.

Verlander made the comment that signing balls before game 3 the ball was slick, they couldn't get the pen to write on the balls it just slid off. He said it was like trying to write on thermal paper receipts. These changes we've seen in baseball the last couple years is making it harder for me to watch personally.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Several ways, getting squeezed by the umpire, facing the team that led the majors in home runs, different ball conspiracy and he's just tired.

Verlander made the comment that signing balls before game 3 the ball was slick, they couldn't get the pen to write on the balls it just slid off. He said it was like trying to write on thermal paper receipts. These changes we've seen in baseball the last couple years is making it harder for me to watch personally.
Just seems like he is becoming more and more like Greg Maddux or Roger Clemens in that he is completely dominant in reg season and just decent in post season. Unlike a Verlander

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just seems like he is becoming more and more like Greg Maddux or Roger Clemens in that he is completely dominant in reg season and just decent in post season. Unlike a Verlander
Everybody pretty much has been. Cry young winners are getting destroyed this post s Aston. The guy Houston started was a cy young winner. Kluber got destroyed too. I'm not saying Clayton didn't have issues just that a lot of good pitchers are. Hell Kennedy hadn't blown a save in the post season ever and has been hit hard too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everybody pretty much has been. Cry young winners are getting destroyed this post s Aston. The guy Houston started was a cy young winner. Kluber got destroyed too. I'm not saying Clayton didn't have issues just that a lot of good pitchers are. Hell Kennedy hadn't blown a save in the post season ever and has been hit hard too.
That's the point though, he isnt everybody. Nobody dominates like him in reg season. And come post season he's just decent. Got 4.5 ERA this post season. Verlander 3.05 and Keuchel 3.24 significantly better, though not nearly as good reg season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's the point though, he isnt everybody. Nobody dominates like him in reg season. And come post season he's just decent. Got 4.5 ERA this post season. Verlander 3.05 and Keuchel 3.24 significantly better, though not nearly as good reg season.
Five games into this World Series they've broken the record for home runs hit. The old re rod was hit at the height of the steroids era. It's all of baseball it's going to affect everybody. He was great game one and got hit last night I have no answer other than it's happening to everybody.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Five games into this World Series they've broken the record for home runs hit. The old re rod was hit at the height of the steroids era. It's all of baseball it's going to affect everybody. He was great game one and got hit last night I have no answer other than it's happening to everybody.
Not Verlander. Not Tanaka. And he had a lead. Again, his post season career is full of disappointing starts while he's the best regular season pitcher in the last 10 years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not Verlander. Not Tanaka. And he had a lead. Again, his post season career is full of disappointing starts while he's the best regular season pitcher in the last 10 years.
So what's the point? Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux etc etc etc lots of great pitchers were worse in the post season than regular season. He's had one inning in a handful of starts where he gave up runs. That mean he's not good? I'll still take him every day if we need one game.