Barksdale Update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If he is a solid RT that's a great bargain for us!
hmmm, key word here is, "IF"......

Every player has an off year,
I can't think of one serious player that had an "off year" in his contract year...In fact, I am usually fooled by guys balling out in contract years that play way over their actual talent.

He is as good as any rookie we are going to draft
Now THIS is just a flat out....Lets just say, this reminds me of the Chip Kelly statement in regards to a certain player having a first round pick offered for his services...and he claims he refused...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
hmmm, key word here is, "IF"......

I can't think of one serious player that had an "off year" in his contract year...In fact, I am usually fooled by guys balling out in contract years that play way over their actual talent.

Now THIS is just a flat out....Lets just say, this reminds me of the Chip Kelly statement in regards to a certain player having a first round pick offered for his services...and he claims he refused...

Tell me the rookie or player in this draft who will be better then him next year?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If Barksdale was the Rams best lineman then the Rams need 5 new OL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Tell me the rookie or player in this draft who will be better then him next year?
off the top of my head, and only at RT....Flowers, Humphries, Collins, & Clemmings.....I'd also trust Marpet, Peat, Smith, & Fisher just as much.....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
off the top of my head, and only at RT....Flowers, Humphries, Collins, & Clemmings.....I'd also trust Marpet, Peat, Smith, & Fisher just as much.....

Wow you really don't think highly of Barksdale at all lol. I think Collins and Scherff could give you what Barks would next year but that is as far as I would go and I stress could.

Looks like we just value him differently.

KeithA39

UDFA
We should all remember that it isn't about this year only, but about the years following as well. I wouldn't mind having Barksdale back, but, if we can draft another player that will need time to develop, but eventually excel beyond him, I'm all for it, especially given that it will probably save us money under the cap for the next few years.

FRO

Legend
We should all remember that it isn't about this year only, but about the years following as well. I wouldn't mind having Barksdale back, but, if we can draft another player that will need time to develop, but eventually excel beyond him, I'm all for it, especially given that it will probably save us money under the cap for the next few years.
Maybe with the lack of market you can get Barksdale on a one year deal so he can try and improve his market next offseason.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Flowers mid rd pick and moving up... So JRobinson you will need to choose...Now saying that I would draft a OT... Flowers or Collins or Peat w/ our pick

tonyl711

Starter
I would resign him, then draft someone to push him for the starting job who could possibly play ORG, we need Oline depth bad, I hope we come out of the draft and FA with at least 4 new Olinemen.

jap

Legend
Saffold was our best OL last year.

An injured Saffold at that playing with a bad shoulder that required surgery at season's end. GRob will take a major step forward this coming season, and, hopefully, we will see something encouraging out of Barrett Jones.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd just like to see Barks back for 5 million a year. He's solid, durable, and loves being a Ram. G's transition much easier than T's, IMO. Let's get this done. However, there are darn good RT's in this draft. We can go either way.