Barksdale Update

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Joseph Barksdale - T - Free Agent
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports free agent OT Joseph Barksdale's market has been "strangely quiet," and that he's yet to take a visit.

Jim Thomas reported Wednesday that the Rams may get Barksdale back "on the rebound." Perhaps this is what the Rams were counting on when they let Barksdale hit the open market, a move that surprised some. Barksdale was the Rams' best lineman last season, and is only 27.
Related: Rams

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter
Mar 12 - 2:13 PM

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sweet, maybe we'll get him on the cheap now that he wanted to go this route.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
crickets%2Bchirping.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He was their best lineman last year ??? Not exactly a ringing endorsement by itself...(And I'm not sure he was better than Saffold)...I want him back but statements like that aren't a big reason why to me...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe in Barksdale. At the very least he's a good place holder until we get a rookie Trained! (y)

WestCoastRam

Legend
Just a guess but I wonder if they've let teams know what he's looking for (reported around 6mil a year) and no one wants to bite on that. He and his agent may be making a big mistake with the market which is good news for us.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
As long as we get him back without a mega contract then I'm good. I like him in horns, just not super sized ones.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If no one else likes Barksdale, maybe we should be thinking long and hard before we re-sign him too

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If no one else likes Barksdale, maybe we should be thinking long and hard before we re-sign him too
That is not really an intelligent way to think. Our FO has their opinion of Barks. Don't change it because of what other people think.

Lesson

Oh, really?

I'd have to disagree. He did a solid job at RT last season and was the only OL who didn't miss a single snap on O. Additionally, he's been with the Rams for 3 seasons now. I think Fisher and Co. know what they have in Barksdale. If other teams don't recognize that Barksdale is a legitimate starting OL and has played above average for 2 seasons now as a full time starter, shame on them

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Barksdale did a good job in 2013 when Saffold was playing RG. Our O-line will perform much better when all the pieces are playing their best positions. I guess putting Joseph at RG was a blessing in disguise in terms of renegotiating Barksdale's contract.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
That is not really an intelligent way to think. Our FO has their opinion of Barks. Don't change it because of what other people think.
I'm not exactly sure I trust this regime yet with talent evaluation on the offensive side of the ball. They still have a lot to prove, especially on the O-line front.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I'm not exactly sure I trust this regime yet with talent evaluation on the offensive side of the ball. They still have a lot to prove, especially on the O-line front.
I don't agree with them 100% of the time either. But I guess there are two categories of opinions on this board. The "what would I do?" opinions aND the "what do I think the team will do"
opinions. I wouldn't sign him for anything more than what we gave Saffold.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Having to play alongside Joseph and Wells really hurt Joes play. His play suffered from it and maybe that is why he is not getting much play. It could really work in the Rams favor if that is the case. I'd take him back if he does not break the bank.