Bailey suspended 4 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
There won't be any show of force Hometown. The 4 game suspension is automatic. The NFLPA won't allow any deviations.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well dip me in molasses and throw me in an ant farm!!!!! Son of a bitch. I had high hopes for him shocking the world. It is what it is and it will give somebody else a chance to step up.

RamEERS

Pastor
the first thing i thought up was how similar this was to Dunbar's suspension...
wonder if we'll have to cut bailey too :(

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
i disagree Quick was getting open . most of bailey routes were short but i think we will be ok

We know you're a Quick homer, but I didn't see anything from Quick that made me feel good about his future. And Bailey runs intermediate routes, not like Quick's routes were much longer.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Remember the David Vobora fiasco a few years back? Hope he didn't take anything and wins an appeal. If he did I'm super pissed

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
There won't be any show of force Hometown. The 4 game suspension is automatic. The NFLPA won't allow any deviations.

Yeah I remember that Blackmon also got a 4 game for the exact same thing last year. So I have no doubt that Bailey's telling the truth that it wasn't PED related.

It sucks, but he's taking it graciously and really seems like he's remorseful about the whole thing. I can't hold it against him, just hope he comes back in those 4 games and plays good football.

RFIP

They knew for months?!?! And still didn't draft one in the richest wr draft in years?

Shame on Fisher.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
We know you're a Quick homer, but I didn't see anything from Quick that made me feel good about his future. And Bailey runs intermediate routes, not like Quick's routes were much longer.

Count me among the Quick "homers" then, and I absolutely agree that he was open a whole lot more than he was targeted. Clemens NEVER looked at him, especially running the deep dig route, which Clemens knew he couldn't complete. He couldn't during camp, much less with a full out pass rush in his face.

The majority of Baileys CATCHES were on come back routes, or intermediate (12-15 yard) sideline routes. Brian Quick wasn't running those.

This is really frustrating. We needed this guy from day one. First Dunbar now Bailey it's just selfish IMO. Unless it's some sort of misunderstanding. I thought really highly of bailey, come on guys think about the team first.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Count me among the Quick "homers" then, and I absolutely agree that he was open a whole lot more than he was targeted. Clemens NEVER looked at him, especially running the deep dig route, which Clemens knew he couldn't complete. He couldn't during camp, much less with a full out pass rush in his face.

The majority of Baileys CATCHES were on come back routes, or intermediate (12-15 yard) sideline routes. Brian Quick wasn't running those.

OK OK, you know more than me. I just disagree.

V3

Hall of Fame
I really never understood the whole idea that the Rams were fine at WR. They only have Tavon and Bailey that have actually shown anything worthy of taking notice. Pettis is a JAG, Quick is about 75% of the way to being a bust or at best a low producing niche player, Givens is a one trick pony with questionable hands, Moe is a street FA, and Britt is a moron who's never really done much. I wish I shared the optimism in this group.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
At the draft a common thing I heard around the Hall was that the Rams were heavy pot smokers. I tossed that out as BS, but based on the failed tests compared to some other teams, we may have a problem. We certainly aren't smart about it. We have suspensions every year. Some other teams don't. Why?

Alan

Legend
I'm not worried because I was never a huge fan of Bailey. I like him but I have never viewed him as special. We'll miss him though because he knows our offense so well. The new guys will have learning curves to contend with.

Alan

Legend
RamEERS with an unlikely scenario:
the first thing i thought up was how similar this was to Dunbar's suspension...
wonder if we'll have to cut bailey too :(
We cut Dunbar to save money and because we felt no one else would be all that interested. I doubt they'd think that about Bailey.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This makes me ill.......

At the draft a common thing I heard around the Hall was that the Rams were heavy pot smokers. I tossed that out as BS, but based on the failed tests compared to some other teams, we may have a problem. We certainly aren't smart about it. We have suspensions every year. Some other teams don't. Why?
If that's true fisher needs to get it sorted quick. We're not good enough yet to be loosing players because of stupid mistakes.

Fuck, I know I've said it already but fuck, how hard is it to actually use your brain?

Quick, Givens or Britt as a starter :cry:.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
OK OK, you know more than me. I just disagree.

No worries, and trust me, no one is more frustrated about Quick's slow development than I am. I have watched this kid the last two training camps, and he just stands out with his athleticism. I honestly thought he was about to break thru, especially watching the way he was such a big part of the gameplan at Carolina.

Then Bradford goes down, and the development of ALL the young receivers were stunted. Sure Bailey made strides, and yes, he was going to be counted on to continue to develop. But there is still too much young talent on this roster, that I don't see this being a huge deal. He will still get his reps in training camp. And if he is the "character" guy he seems to say he is, I would guess he will be even more focused on making sure he makes the best of training camp so they cant push him to the back of the line after the bye week.

But at least to me, this should be all the more reason someone like Givens comes in and refocuses on regaining his rookie year results. He came into camp last year like he was all that and a bag of chips, and it showed in the results. Between Givens, Britt, Quick and Austin, they should have enough to get it done.

I also think having a year under their belt, meaning Schottenheimer with all the new toys they had to adjust to last year, this system won't be so much like throwing darts on the board like it was the first month of the season last year.

Which can only benefit the structure for these young receivers.