Awesome photos in Rams history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Money!

We have been spoiled in STL... Wilkins, Brown, Zuerlin..

Kicking excellence!

Wilkins_420_091613.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
NFL Pro-Football Hall of Fame QB Norm Van Brocklin was a gun-ho Rams player from 1949 to 1957 (including the '51 NFL Champions). As a Rams QB he threw for 16,114 yards (8.64 YPA -- those were 12 game regular seasons) and 118 TDs; also added 5 TDs rushing.

nfl_g_nvbrocklin1_300.jpg
- Mostly wore jersey No. 11, but also had 25.
In addition to that, Van Brocklin STILL holds the record for most passing yards in one game and he's the ONLY QB to ever win a Championship with two different teams. The QB platoon is never a good thing in the long run but the Razzle-Dazzle Rams were about the only team to make it work for a period of time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In addition to that, Van Brocklin STILL holds the record for most passing yards in one game and he's the ONLY QB to ever win a Championship with two different teams. The QB platoon is never a good thing in the long run but the Razzle-Dazzle Rams were about the only team to make it work for a period of time.

That's right...The Flying Dutchman!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Den, do you recall why Reynolds left the Rams for the 49ers? I always held a grudge against him for that. Him and Wendell Tyler both went to the hated 49ers after helping the Rams to the SB in '79.

You should share the story of Reynolds nickname and how he got for those young pups around here who may not have heard it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den, do you recall why Reynolds left the Rams for the 49ers? I always held a grudge against him for that. Him and Wendell Tyler both went to the hated 49ers after helping the Rams to the SB in '79.

You should share the story of Reynolds nickname and how he got for those young pups around here who may not have heard it.
Tyler was traded so not his fault John Shaw strikes again. Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds Hacksawed a car in half when he was in college. Players might be bigger and faster today, but they are not tougher! Not close IMO.

moklerman

Warner-phile
How did Hacksaw go to the 49ers? Was he traded too?

I think it's important to note that the sawing his car in half in college was because he got so pissed off over a loss. Didn't just do it as a prank. Dude was nails and little off. Perfect for that era of Rams. Him and Dryer must have been hoot.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Quite sure the Rams cut him and he signed with the 49ers. They wanted to go with the younger Jim Collins.
Thanks. I guess it wasn't his fault then either. Was that around the time that fans started to get the feeling that something was up with how the Rams were treating their FA's(as in not paying/resigning them)?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thanks. I guess it wasn't his fault then either. Was that around the time that fans started to get the feeling that something was up with how the Rams were treating their FA's(as in not paying/resigning them)?

I don't think so, but who knows? That was when Georgia took over and the pay issue came more in the mid 80's after she married Domnic Frontiere. Reynolds was 34 at the time and the Rams had some young linebackers in Collins, Owens & Ekern for example and was part of the reason they switched to the 3-4 under John Robinson in 1983.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.

MaxQ28

Rookie
Love that game and I would say that was where we all started to believe. The great regular season was cause for confidence and optimism but this game, where they continued that great play but in the playoffs...I think was what got even us longtimers believing.

All I can ever think about with this game though is the pizza place(Domino's?) that offered some discount for ever TD scored by the Rams and lost their proverbial shirt over it.
I remember maybe Holt having an advertisement deal with Imo’s pizza back then. So maybe that’s who you are thinking of.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thank you Ricky Proehl, without that catch good chance we don’t go on to win SB34.
IMG_3787.jpeg

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
The beginning of the 80's and their mini-slump (Post-SB, Pre-John Robinson).