Avila......?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m thinking of starting an official OL injuries thread so we can follow everyone’s timelines, discuss backup options etc…in one thread.
mash-funny.gif
An endless thread of Rams misery. Let's do it! :laugh3:

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
Guys, They had 4 scrimmages. Pads on and full contact. Just not tackling to the ground. I don't think that is the problem.

I think that is the problem. When teams only play upright with nobody going to the ground.. it's dramatically different. You aren't building up muscle memory for dealing with it. Guys tend to pick their feet up less. Vs reps in preseason where it's actual football.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Looks like it will be a lot more than just four weeks for Avila ...

Ian Rapoport​

@RapSheet

#Rams standout G Steve Avila underwent surgery to repair his MCL, per coach Sean McVay. He's looking at being back on the field in November, ready for the stretch run. McVay said the plan was to accelerate his recovery.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Avila's gonna be out at least a couple months. Normally I don't like early byes. But this time it might be a blessing. Its like having a 5 game IR for Puka and Noteboom.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Limmer needs to be the Puka of the 24 draft. I think he will play well.
Yeah we may dodge a bullet there. If Jackson can stay healthy at LG then Limmer taking C will mean we have a chance for a good OL. He is hard to move, his strength shows out there which I like very much.

What we need is the injuries to stop now. Get AJ back for week 3 then we could be looking at AJ, Jackson, Limmer, Dotson, Hav which is not bad. Stunts will worry me but hey maybe we'll run the ball and catch them a few times.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If the O Line has jelled by November no need to put Avila in really. Jackson, Limmer, Dotson looks pretty good to me.