Avila......?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I might be smoking some hopium here, but given that we didn't see Avila writhing in pain on the ground makes me think it's not something long-term or terribly serious.

(takes another hit off the hopium pipe)

Ditto with Dotson's ability to finish the game.
I sure hope so..........

AppeasFBlGods

Rookie
I think they need to start looking at stats for injuries and season prep. It always seems like teams like KC and Buffalo start the season relatively healthy and ready to go every year. I think there is something to building up muscle memory for full live reps. Otherwise guys tend to play high and with their feet stuck in the ground. Could be recency bias.. but every year it seems that way..

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I might be smoking some hopium here, but given that we didn't see Avila writhing in pain on the ground makes me think it's not something long-term or terribly serious.

(takes another hit off the hopium pipe)

Ditto with Dotson's ability to finish the game.
Pass that shit this way….

Hoping Rob can come back next week and if Avila has to miss a few games then limmer can fill in at C while Jackson goes to LG. I’d be ok with that oline vs the Cards…

No amount of hopium is going make me say I want to see 61 at LT again though lol

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
There's no way your entire Line goes down in one game. Our only starter is Jackson at LG at this point. And he's banged up too which is why they were playing him at center, to protect his shoulder injury.
I really hope this isn't a repeat of 2 years ago

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I hear Bobby Evans is looking for work.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I think they need to start looking at stats for injuries and season prep. It always seems like teams like KC and Buffalo start the season relatively healthy and ready to go every year. I think there is something to building up muscle memory for full live reps. Otherwise guys tend to play high and with their feet stuck in the ground. Could be recency bias.. but every year it seems that way..
Guys, They had 4 scrimmages. Pads on and full contact. Just not tackling to the ground. I don't think that is the problem.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
KC starters get as much work in a preseason game as in a practice. Scrimmages are better because you get more work in than a Preseason game, but with more control and safety.

It was week one.....every team has conditioning issues with week one and two. I think the Rams and Lions were the only team to go down to the wire and then overtime.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So tired of this shit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m thinking of starting an official OL injuries thread so we can follow everyone’s timelines, discuss backup options etc…in one thread.
mash-funny.gif

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I think injuries pile up when plays don't go as scripted. Players try to make up for stuff and compensate for things; it puts them in awkward or exposed positions, etc.