Austin Pettis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

keep pettis

• yes

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • no

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

…..

Legend
Let him play out his contract....he's got another year I think and he isnt breaking the bank by any means.

bskrilla

Starter
I could be wrong, but it seems like he was "phased out" off the offense in favor of Stedman Bailey.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced, but could also see if they keep him around.

I think this is partly true, but I also think a lot of AP's reduced role had to do with Bradford going down. Sam seems to trust AP a fair amount and looked for him fairly often. When Sam went down KC and AP didn't have the same rapport.

Also I'm definitely keeping Quick over AP if it came down to that. Quick has the upside.

RFIP

For $670k I'd keep Pettis for sure.

And watch the Pead jokes my friend as he is one of my fav's...when they drafted him I once said; "When they drafted Isaiah I pead my pants!" <True story.

…..

Legend

And watch the Pead jokes my friend as he is one of my fav's...when they drafted him I once said; "When they drafted Isaiah I pead my pants!" <True story.
wasted wet spot....but not as bad as the wasted draft spot.

…..

Legend
Guys....Think of it this way. Pettis is a symbol ...a symbol of how far we've come.

At the beginning of the year, we needed him to start games. Not a good thing in my opinion. In the middle of the year he wasnt starting but playing a significant role and he did have value, theres no mistaking that. By the end of the year, he wasnt starting nor getting significant time on the field. Thats progress. Austin Pettis is an average player that is serviceable enough to get us over the hump until we can depend upon more consistency out of our younger players that have elevated athletic abilities.

If Austin Pettis can remain entrenched as our 4th or 5th reciever....thats a good thing. With his skill set, thats where he will have the best value.

Its important that we have the Quick and Givens and Bailey step forward and grasp the offense and take off. Tavon isnt included just yet....he's still the shiny new toy that the OC need to learn how to utilize.

iced

Pettis will be great to have in the mix at WR for competition purposes in TC. If he makes the team he'll likely continue to get limited action IMO.
I do think he could have a productive career elsewhere though...surrounded by better offensive talent. Hell even Brandon Gibson was having a decent year for Miami before he got hurt.

as the #3, with hartline as the possession and wallace as the deep threat..

and then sherman was fired lol

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I could be wrong, but it seems like he was "phased out" off the offense in favor of Stedman Bailey.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced, but could also see if they keep him around.
That's the thing. When Bradford went down, so did significant PT for most of the receiving corps. Bradford doesn't go on IR, there are reps enough for everybody, even with the improved ground and pound. You guys think the offense clicked in our victories? We would have seen so much more in the games we lost.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can't help but like the guy. He doesn't hurt the team. I know he's got a bullseye on his back if the Rams select a WR early in the draft just like Pead does if a RB is selected anywhere in the draft.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
this poll is assuming he's the worst rec. we have,he's not ,I wish he was

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd rather have Pettis than Quick.

Not me...Quick had 20 less catches than Pettis and only 97 less yards. Plus he has every attribute of a big time receiver and Pettis doesn't.

If one of these guys was going to burst onto the scene, it would be Quick.

I like Pettis, but he's not much more than a possession receiver...which is great in a certain role.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And ONCE AGAIN replace him with,cu they HAVE to be better or whats the point

A55VA6

Legend
Not me...Quick had 20 less catches than Pettis and only 97 less yards. Plus he has every attribute of a big time receiver and Pettis doesn't.

If one of these guys was going to burst onto the scene, it would be Quick.

I like Pettis, but he's not much more than a possession receiver...which is great in a certain role.
Yeah, I can agree with that. But I know the potential of Quick.. I just don't know if he'll ever get there.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Wish I knew if Pead's the guy they thought he was when they drafted him! Too much time in the dog house!

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rhinobeakeep42797 said:
Wish I knew if Pead's the guy they thought he was when they drafted him! Too much time in the dog house!

Its a shame he keeps putting himself in the dog house. He could be good if he had some common sense.

RFIP

I've said it before, its one thing for Fisher to doghouse him and then cut him BUT if he plays well at team 2 Fisher gonna have some splannin to do.