Austin Pettis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

keep pettis

• yes

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • no

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
Keep him or leave him
For me he must go. Its time for him to depart from us. Quick, baily let's see what you have.
Thank you for your services good bye.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think he is a keeper but he must be used in the proper role. He is much more of a Ricky Proehl than he is an Isaac Bruce.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
One of the surest hands on the team. You don't cut guys like that for no reason.
If he gets beat out by someone else, then so be it. But he's quality depth.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Agree with Sum. He definitely has value as a possession receiver and is the "Aged Vet" of this WR core. We certainly need to grow the talent around him but as a #4/5 possession guy I want him around.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just seeing him takeing snaps away from baily. I know its a small sample size but I went and watched bailys college tape and his 2013 targets in the NFL season I'm sure he has the best hands....

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Nobody will be taking snaps from Bailey going forward...guaranteed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I could be wrong, but it seems like he was "phased out" off the offense in favor of Stedman Bailey.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was replaced, but could also see if they keep him around.

Alan

Legend
Who's going to replace him? If we get someone else then like X said, may the better man win.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bolden would look nice in blue and gold. I think he could handle that job

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not really a fan of his but he's still pretty cheap and he knows the system. At the very least he's a good backup. He shouldn't be taking reps away from other WR's, though.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We dont have to cut him, hes getting paid on his rookie contract, and its not alot of money. We have him for one more year at a cheap salary. He is a really good 3rd and 4th down possession WR, and goal line guy. Let's have this conversation next year when his contract is up.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I'd keep him around for old time sake. For better or worse.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Once he learned how to return punts the fun went out of it for me.

I want someone to beat him out. Not that he's not a good player, but I want hard choices to be made.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Pettis will be great to have in the mix at WR for competition purposes in TC. If he makes the team he'll likely continue to get limited action IMO.
I do think he could have a productive career elsewhere though...surrounded by better offensive talent. Hell even Brandon Gibson was having a decent year for Miami before he got hurt.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It all depends on FA and the draft. Obviously if we acquire another WR you would hope that the new WR would make the team leaving someone on the outs.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
On a team full of athletic receivers and a potential first round stud coming, Pettis is the odd man out for me. However, he is our best red zone threat besides pounding the rock with Stacy. He is worth hanging on to for that reason, IMO. But if someone put a gun to my head it'd be Pettis.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If I were going to start cutting WR's. Givens would be the first guy I'd be looking at.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have been critical of Pettis as a starter, but as a situational player I think he's good.

If he's cut, it's only because we drafted someone who beat him out. I'd probably have him 5th on our depth chart right now; behind Austin, Bailey, Givens, and Quick.