Austin Blythe expects to be Rams' starting center this season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So tell us your problem with that. :)

When has he ever taken snaps in practice?? Read what Blythe said about all he had time to do.

WTF - the causual fan seems to think (myself included). Is that it is so easy just to switch postions.

My take on this whole Offensive Line thing is so much more impressed at how this group is going to preform.

I play call (announce a game) things before the tell a casters. Chris Collinsworth on some 60 minutes thing ???? Showed how much breaking down of a team that he is broadcast.I don’t know all the like he does at all.I also like to give him shit talking to the tv. Whatever ???

I’ve actually a different view on the center spot & the Offensive line now after Austin Blythe’s comments.

—First , just look at what a Freakin stud John Sullivan is !!! Dude transformed his body.He got his everyday life back.Who wants to carry 300 plus pounds ???

Austin Blythe is Freakin underated !!!Go look at his interviews. He is a Mentor & Leader !!! He is like a Cory Littleton type. Everyone doubts him until he makes a pro bowl.I’m not getting ahead of myself,but He is a solid offensive lineman.
Yeah- we can look a film & see all his F’UP’s... True that!!!

Austin Corbett is a True LG & he is not going to CHANGE Postions. Just like I told Bonifay’d Roger Saffold wasn’t a LT. The Rams will be in serious trouble if Austin Corbett is taken snaps at CENTER.
Austin Blythe is the backup guard as well. The Rams will be in serious trouble if Brian Allen is a Guard.

There is only so many snaps & as good as Kromer cross-trains he is not moving players around...

Yes trying to get your best 5 on the field is KEY. Finally my point- If you look at what The Rams are doing at the center postions is they are grooming players at the spot. They cut Sullivan & don’t want to invest a lot of Cap space there.
I’ll go back to John Sullivan & how lucky The Rams were to get him. Freakin it took forever for The Rams to even sign a Center McVays first year.They low-balled for The Bills backup Center everyone around here thought was GOD himself.He did have a G in his name.

Just hate these fantasy Fans. Reality might be Demby actually making this squad ??

The backup Center spot a reserve.My point is about the Center Spot.The Rams keep a practice squad Center every year because there is not enough snaps to go around in practice.If there is an injury there look for the practice guy to be on the roster.

10 minutes before practice was all Austin Blythe was taking at practice being the backup center.He studies hard to know that postion & learned a lot from Sullivan. I’m excited to see his growth & how he handles himself.

Austin Corbett is not going to be taking snaps at Center for The Rams.
I’ll put all my ROD Points in that!!!

My point is watching this young offensive line & reading all there articles I come away with a view point.

Collinsworth talked about how impressed he was with this Rams offensive lines future.Which I already was.I’m guessing it was the 8ers game?? It’s not hard to see.

Call me crazy ,but I wanted Evans to get more playing time at RT & keep Havenstien on the bench(actually at any cost), and ge held up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Austin Blythe is Freakin underated !!!Go look at his interviews. He is a Mentor & Leader !!! He is like a Cory Littleton type.
You realize the Rams let Littleton go because he was shitty vs the run. And Littleton was never really a noteworthy mentor or leader with the Rams either btw. Raiders will regret that signing if they don't play him at WILL (all I see are lists and fans talking about him at MIKE which is some funny shit).

Still, Blythe doesn't deserve to be compared to Littleton. Because he's shitty in the run game and pass pro. His line calls seemed to really help the Rams settle things down in 2019, but at some point Goff should transition into more control pre-snap and lessen the workload on the centers a bit.

Oh and btw re: Sullivan the last time you could call that guy a "stud" was many years back. Now, I get that you're all excited about his kung fu workout or whatever in retirement but I could give fuck all about that. I do think you should look into one of those fatheads, might be able to get one of him all drippy in his undies you can spank to. :beer2::LOL:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I’m not on the abandon Brian Allen ship just yet, and blaming him for ‘booms injury is a little harsh

I'm willing to let it play out, and while I believe Blythe is a smart player with leadership qualities, he just hasn’t to date held the line physically (duh) Meaning of course, we have issues if he’s our starting C...major issues

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Blythe > nobody

tenor.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You realize the Rams let Littleton go because he was shitty vs the run. And Littleton was never really a noteworthy mentor or leader with the Rams either btw. Raiders will regret that signing if they don't play him at WILL (all I see are lists and fans talking about him at MIKE which is some funny shit).

Still, Blythe doesn't deserve to be compared to Littleton. Because he's shitty in the run game and pass pro. His line calls seemed to really help the Rams settle things down in 2019, but at some point Goff should transition into more control pre-snap and lessen the workload on the centers a bit.

Oh and btw re: Sullivan the last time you could call that guy a "stud" was many years back. Now, I get that you're all excited about his kung fu workout or whatever in retirement but I could give fuck all about that. I do think you should look into one of those fatheads, might be able to get one of him all drippy in his undies you can spank to. :beer2::LOL:

Yeah he sure looks better in spanks than with pads. Maybe even sexier in 4in heels at 6”9

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
People forget Austin Blythe played through a nagging ankle and shoulder injuries and was never the same.

oldnotdead

Legend
All I can do is shake my head. Everyone is screaming that the team is only going to be as good as the o-line. Everyone is not happy that the team didn't use high draft capital on an o-lineman. But here is this thread elevating the worst player on the o-line to a level that makes no sense. He's a backup talent nothing more. He's had all these years and he's no better now than he was 2 years ago which wasn't good enough. Why are so many people satisfied with mediocrity (which is being kind to Blythe) among the starters? How many messed up plays will it take to prove to people that the guy is dragging the o-line down. He was part of the problem last year, not part of the solution. His o-line calls were not good as evidenced by the consistent pressure on Goff. He simply never saw many of the blitzes. His blocking at OG was atrocious to say the least. He has proved he struggles worse than the rookies in second-level blocking.

I'm sorry but Havenstein and Blythe won't be on this team next year. If not for the virus Blythe wouldn't be either. They overpaid him not because he was worth the money but because of expediency. He knows the system and that's the only reason he was signed. Get over it, Blythe isn't what DaSilva makes him out to be. Dasilva made a big deal about Littleton and how good he is and look where her is now. Believe what you see on the field not what is written. Blythe has been shown in multiple clips F'ingup play after play. His poor play has been instrumental in multiple turnovers yet somehow he's a good player?

Ok I'm done so I'm gonna just sit here shaking my head and rolling my eyes in disbelief. :hellno:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
People forget Austin Blythe played through a nagging ankle and shoulder injuries and was never the same.
And yet he still solidified the center position injured.

Plus he's going to get starter snaps in Camp and practice rather than on the job training.

Plus the two guards next to him are going to be much more experienced.

Plus he would have to have Goff's seal of approval.

The more I think about it and the more I listen to Blythe and So Ram, the more I'm thinking All Pro.

But I would accept above-average. :)