Aubrey Pleasant gone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We deserve it. He should have become our DC this time.
Yeah right. He didn’t even get the DC job in Detroit.Yes I like him,but there is reasonings.he wants to go back for his foundation & meaning for LIFE.Morris is such a good hire.
I still b

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
How well has Long Jr. developed under Pleasant?
I expected something more.
The 4th safety sees the field more than him.
Maybe not all has been rosy.

Yep! Like I said though Aubrey’s heart is in Michigan.Solid coach,but how can you argue Mcvays’s hire’s.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He'd going to need too. A lot of big shoes to fill.

The Rams coaching is a solid coaching staff.I will say Joe Barry & Aubrey are both very Firey guys.They set the tone at practice.
It will be interesting to see what training camp looks like now.I’ll go to both practices this year.
SUCKS he didn’t get a DC job though.The Rams are a good Franchise ,and Mcvay believes in developing coaches.
My hope is Sean Mcvay continues to grow as a HC.Huge offseason for McSnead

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Rams coaching is a solid coaching staff.I will say Joe Barry & Aubrey are both very Firey guys.They set the tone at practice.
It will be interesting to see what training camp looks like now.I’ll go to both practices this year.
SUCKS he didn’t get a DC job though.The Rams are a good Franchise ,and Mcvay believes in developing coaches.
My hope is Sean Mcvay continues to grow as a HC.Huge offseason for McSnead
That's what I'll miss. Dude was fiery and intense. And that's something this team already missed, seems like too many damn times do we come out flat and get pushed over.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's what I'll miss. Dude was fiery and intense. And that's something this team already missed, seems like too many damn times do we come out flat and get pushed over.

Sounds good,but sometimes it’s best to Cage the Beast.The Rams need to become more of a Veteran Team.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wish Aubrey all the best. But I’m not gonna lose sleep over his loss.

BTW, what’s the over/under on when McVay/Morris hire his replacement? Thursday sound about right? Lol.
I have a feeling mcvay has a LOOOONG ass list of potential coaches for every spot he needs on the coaching staff ... dude is so used to losing his staff he is ready to go

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the writing was on the wall for a guy like Pleasant who may have had ambitions to coach closer to home. Seems like that's why they went with the seasoned DC who is likely more adept and bringing guys up thru the ranks. McVay knew he was losing guys, even if Pleasant was promoted to DC, his spot was going to open up, so Mc doesnt have to train a guy on being a DC while helping him learn how to cultivate the talent underneath him.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the writing was on the wall for a guy like Pleasant who may have had ambitions to coach closer to home. Seems like that's why they went with the seasoned DC who is likely more adept and bringing guys up thru the ranks. McVay knew he was losing guys, even if Pleasant was promoted to DC, his spot was going to open up, so Mc doesnt have to train a guy on being a DC while helping him learn how to cultivate the talent underneath him.
I didn't realize he was from the Michigan area. So it makes more sense to me.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think the writing was on the wall for a guy like Pleasant who may have had ambitions to coach closer to home. Seems like that's why they went with the seasoned DC who is likely more adept and bringing guys

FWIW on Raheem Morris he has only been a DC once in his career and that was in college back in 2006 at Kansas State, the rest of the time in the NFL, he's been DB Coach, Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach the rest of his tenure.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FWIW on Raheem Morris he has only been a DC once in his career and that was in college back in 2006 at Kansas State, the rest of the time in the NFL, he's been DB Coach, Head Coach and Assistant Head Coach the rest of his tenure.
He was also the DC in Tampa his 1st 2 seasons, but point being he's a much more seasoned coach than an dback coach. 8 years as a HC/Asst HC, he's much more equipped to mentor up and coming assistants

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The hits keep coming...
And you thought the hitting stop when the Rams season came to a close??:biggrin:

We do still have those guys on our defense though...ya know...the two that are really good...I cant remember their names
Are the three you are speaking of....

Eric Henderson coaches DL & his assistant DL coach is Thad Bogardus.

Chris Shula coaches OLB'ers. However, before he was assigned his current position Shula was Joe Barry's assistant linebackers coach in 2017-18. So there could be an elevated position coming his way if the Rams Org. desires. If DC Morris moves the defense to a 43 then Shula might end up as the full ILB/OLB coach with a new assistant assigned to him.

Ejiro Evero coaches Safety contingent.

The now-vacant CB coaching position might be already on staff. He is Jonathan Cooley who was hired last season as the
DEFENSIVE QUALITY CONTROL coach.
Rams to hire Akron CBs coach Jonathan Cooley as a defensive assistant (usatoday.com)

If DC Morris goes with a 43 D then he may already just about set in his DL & Lb'er coaching...all that will be needed is a LB assistant coach to go with Shula & a few defensive quality control coaches.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
How well has Long Jr. developed under Pleasant?I expected something more.The 4th safety sees the field more than him.
Maybe not all has been rosy.
The Rams 2020 version of 3 corners fielded performed very well.

The development of CB Darious Williams permitted former DC Staely to use the best DB in the NFC to do whatever was needed each week. Williams was a very big sleeper coming out of college anyway so if you go back to Search my posts on Williams 2018/2019 it was just a matter of time for him to explode on the field.

Yes, you are correct David Long has been very S L O W to develop. He was a hot college CB prospect. When he has been on the field with the Rams defense .......he will get beat & usually results in completion.

CB Troy Hill will depart due to a lack of Cap Salary funds & 3rd yr corner Long is most likely in a position to fill his position. Rams are not in a good position currently with any young talented corners in the pipeline to be groomed. I would expect several corners to be drafted this upcoming draft.

David Long CB Michigan - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network
David Long NFL Draft 2019: Scouting Report for Los Angeles Rams' Pick | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
David Long 2019 NFL Draft Profile - Last Word on Pro Football (lastwordonsports.com)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He was also the DC in Tampa his 1st 2 seasons, but point being he's a much more seasoned coach than an dback coach. 8 years as a HC/Asst HC, he's much more equipped to mentor up and coming assistants

I'm not seeing that in his bio, that he was ever Defensive Coordinator with Tampa Bay, or anywhere else, the only time he held the title of DC was in college at Kansas State prior to this season with the Falcons.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20042005)
    Assistant defensive backs coach
  • Kansas State (2006)
    Defensive coordinator
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20072008)
    Defensive backs coach
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20092011)
    Head coach

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not seeing that in his bio, that he was ever Defensive Coordinator with Tampa Bay, or anywhere else, the only time he held the title of DC was in college at Kansas State prior to this season with the Falcons.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20042005)
    Assistant defensive backs coach
  • Kansas State (2006)
    Defensive coordinator
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20072008)
    Defensive backs coach
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (20092011)
    Head coach
I didnt think it was debatable, thought it was just common knowledge. He was the defacto DC like McVay has been the defacto OC. Surprised you dont remember this TBH.
Either way, it wasnt the point, he's much more suited to mentor young coaches than a rising coach would be. Like I said, they would have had to have filled Pleasant's spot either way, seems that Morris is a guy McVay could just trust the staff with and not have to nurture a rising DC while having so many other holes to fill.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mid way thru Morris 1st year as coach they fired Jim Bates and Morris took over
He stayed on as DC in 2010 (his best year as coach)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wish him the best of luck in Detroit. Apparently, it's his home, and it's a promotion, so hopefully he'll have a successful season, when he doesn't face us.