Aubrey Pleasant gone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
ehh.. so our secondary is good because of pleasant?

Somehow i doubt it - just being honest.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The upcoming season will tell us a lot about our team, it's FO and it's coach.
We will also learn much about their ability to formulate a winning tradition while being challenged by their own successes and the attrition it brings.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are in no position to complain. In effect we pushed Pleasant out the door by not making him DC. He had other options and he chose one.

It's kind of shocking that he's just the secondary coach there. We couldn't give him that title here??

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's kind of shocking that he's just the secondary coach there. We couldn't give him that title here??
Secondary Coach and Defensive Passing Game Coordinator.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Rams are in no position to complain. In effect we pushed Pleasant out the door by not making him DC. He had other options and he chose one.
He's basically the same thing in Detroit so it's not like he got promoted either.

Last edited:

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I hate to say this again,

but these are good problems.

We will replace these quality people with other quality people I hope we lose also.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
ehh.. so our secondary is good because of pleasant?

Somehow i doubt it - just being honest.

I'm with you 100%, our secondary has been underachieving for years. This past season was the 1st outstanding season so it's more likely due to Staley.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I wish Aubrey all the best. But I’m not gonna lose sleep over his loss.

BTW, what’s the over/under on when McVay/Morris hire his replacement? Thursday sound about right? Lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Secondary Coach and Defensive Passing Game Coordinator.

Like in the past with the Assistant Head Coach Tag, you cannot block a position coach if they give them a Coordinator Tag, I wish the NFL would just specify Offensive or Defensive Coordinator's that's all because this is what teams do when the flood gates open.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Does this mean we can get the water boy from another team if we throw in "refreshments coordinator?"

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
3 big losses for our coaching staff/FO. Hard not to see us regressing next year tbh.
Regression is likely due to our FA losses incoming. That much moreso than who's showing the corner how to line up in outside leverage lol.

If Morris kills it we'll be fine. If he doesn't Pleasant probably wouldn't have changed that result.

He's been passed over twice now under McVay. I'm sure McVay told him "I don't think you're ready" or whatever his rationale was and now Aubs gets a chance to move up in a new spot.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regression is likely due to our FA losses incoming. That much moreso than who's showing the corner how to line up in outside leverage lol.

If Morris kills it we'll be fine. If he doesn't Pleasant probably wouldn't have changed that result.

He's been passed over twice now under McVay. I'm sure McVay told him "I don't think you're ready" or whatever his rationale was and now Aubs gets a chance to move up in a new spot.

I don't like losing Pleasant, but I don't think it cripples us. He's a great CB Coach. I'd call him one of the best in the NFL. If we don't land somebody on his level, we'll miss him. Look what Williams and Hill became under his tutelage (after both being waiver wire additions). Still, great coaches get promoted. That's the game.

jacktheripper85

Starter
The discussion about “what if’s” and coaching staff makeup was already had before McVay offered Morris the DC job. They knew Pleasant could possibly leave and Morris probably already has his replacement that he discussed with McVay along with some others prior to either party making a commitment.

And who knows-McVay may have told Pleasant to explore other opportunities because he was allowing Morris to build his staff and he couldn’t guarantee him a job.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
We deserve it. He should have become our DC this time.

I think McVay was so pissed at how the offense produced, he felt bring in an ex HC w/ secondary expertise and someone he trusted, thereby he can really get the offense back on track this offseason. Just look at how pissed he was every post game presser. I too was a huge A. Pleasant fan too. Liked how he could get through to the difficult type players!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris has been around and should have good connections. Now he can go pilfer some coaches from other teams. What comes around, goes around.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The upcoming season will tell us a lot about our team, it's FO and it's coach.
We will also learn much about their ability to formulate a winning tradition while being challenged by their own successes and the attrition it brings.

This was rolling thru my mind too. The ability to retool but “stay the same” in many ways.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think McVay was so pissed at how the offense produced, he felt bring in an ex HC w/ secondary expertise and someone he trusted, thereby he can really get the offense back on track this offseason. Just look at how pissed he was every post game presser. I too was a huge A. Pleasant fan too. Liked how he could get through to the difficult type players!

It sure sounds like that’s part of it and McVay figuring out his own role with schemes.

That’s one of those things until you become a HC, feel the full load of that, figure out what is needed and adjust to something like this.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
How well has Long Jr. developed under Pleasant?
I expected something more.
The 4th safety sees the field more than him.
Maybe not all has been rosy.