Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Have to admit that I am been really disappointed that the Rams will apparently not sign Rodney Hudson (Were they even interested?) BUT to have him going to the Cardinals just adds salt to the wound!!!

I guess I was hoping that since the Rams were able to improve their salary cap they might make some moves soon.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To their credit, that is what the media reported. Trade for Stafford, sign Floyd, tender DWill, and wait for the draft.

I hate out too, but that is what we were told. I hope I'm wrong even as I'm typing this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They seem to be in a pretty good spot tbh.

If they have to draft Center they can. In spite of what Snead mentioned they have a QB who is very good with protections and that gives them room for error with the Center. They still have to find a guy they think can learn the calls. But room for error is important. This isn't some rook or year two signal caller in diapers Stafford is a wily vet who is well versed in that basic shit.

The real question is do they want a vet who makes the draft less desperate, or a vet who precludes the need to draft the position. I expect they want to draft their future (Meinerz is one of their targets I think) but who knows maybe they really like one of these FA types and will be done if they sign him.

Last edited:

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
The rams have been like this since snead took over. They overvalue the players they have until it's 3 games in and they figure out they should have upgraded. Imo

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The UDFA's will be signed in a few weeks? Satisfying, eh? lol

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
you can't have household names at every position. We have spent our capital at DB, DL, and QB. Those seem like a pretty reasonable places to invest. We have solid groups at WR and RB. And we have a semi-solid group on O Line. Sure, I would like to have grabbed Hudson and Trent Williams - but I would rather have AD, Stafford and Ramsey. Such is the nature of the cap.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
you can't have household names at every position. We have spent our capital at DB, DL, QB and Dead Cap. Those seem like a pretty reasonable places to invest. We have solid groups at WR and RB. And we have a semi-solid group on O Line. Sure, I would like to have grabbed Hudson and Trent Williams - but I would rather have AD, Stafford and Ramsey. Such is the nature of the cap.

FIFY
Jokes aside you win this game by sacking their QB and preventing yours from being sacked. Looks like two of our division rivals get it, lets see what McVay does to help Stafford.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I hope they at least kick the tires on Goodwin since the 9ers just released him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
FIFY
Jokes aside you win this game by sacking their QB and preventing yours from being sacked. Looks like two of our division rivals get it, lets see what McVay does to help Stafford.

Yeah - I'm not wild about the mistakes in extending Goff, Gurley, and Cooks only to have those contracts blow up on us - but I'm glad that Les ate the mistakes and moved on.

I stand by the old thought that a great O line is 4 guys and a primo left tackle.

You don't see centers go top 10 in the draft. We have seen a small handful of guards ever go top 10 (although the Colts got a gem). Any time a tackle is taken that high its with a projection to left tackle.

you do see corners, QB, and DL go in the tippy top all the time - why? Toughest spots to find elite talent. Same reason they make more money than interior linemen.

Hudson and Mack have had great careers but its reasonable to conclude that their best years are behind them.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Anyone know where we are at cap space wise currently with the restructures and Stafford/Brockers trade?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Anyone know where we are at cap space wise currently with the restructures and Stafford/Brockers trade?

Well, the 2021 NFL season has officially begun, and as per usual, I suspect the Rams will be the last organization to inform us of whatever the hell is going on. Hopefully, the media heads will tell us something shortly, just don't hold your breath, purple can be unbecoming ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spotrac and overthecap.com both have us over still but the reports are we're under. No idea really until everything done is finalized and put on a page.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
They seem to be in a pretty good spot tbh.

If they have to draft Center they can. In spite of what Snead mentioned they have a QB who is very good with protections and that gives them room for error with the Center. They still have to find a guy they think can learn the calls. But room for error is important. This isn't some rook or year two signal caller in diapers Stafford is a wily vet who is well versed in that basic shit.

The real question is do they want a vet who makes the draft less desperate, or a vet who precludes the need to draft the position. I expect they want to draft their future (Meinerz is one of their targets I think) but who knows maybe they really like one of these FA types and will be done if they sign him.
That's my current position with the Rams too. The amount of UFA's at the center position are thick this year in comparison to the last 3 or 4 yrs. Snead would be smart to lay low for the 2nd tier part of FA'cy & see which veteran OC might come calling who wants to play in a warm area & for a team working hard for a championship this season.

4/5ths of this starting OL unit will return intact. This is a big deal guys & gals! The fact is most teams are not close to having this situation. They might be adding some talent but 4/5ths of this Ram Ol has been together for over 2 seasons. At OT the Rams have two very good solid vets with a loaded younger brew to back them up. This is very rare!

The interior OG's are ascending players who are just now beginning to figure how to play OL in the NFL. The interior reserve unit is also young & ascending. There is no reason to think they will regress. There's only one piece out of 10 player OL that needs to be filled that's a starting center.

With such a good overall OL unit as we have the plan may be as simple to utilize one of our own interior OL'ers who been here for several seasons, knows the playbook & the system & then in late April just draft a few centers to prepare for the future.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Yeah, should really be interesting. New OL coach......(disagreement with old OL coach?).....I guess we'll see WHO was the one high on Blythe, Allen, Noteboom, Demby, etc.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
4 winning years into a regime that has delivered pretty much consistently and STILL the fans arent happy.

What do you guys want? A separate side pot for the Rams out with the salary cap?

Hudson cost the Cards a 3rd rounder. He is a 31 year old centre. Half the folks here would be tearing their hair out if we had made that move.

You win games in September, not in fucking March.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I honestly can't remember any offseason where we were super active on the first couple days of FA under McVay sans signing Whit and Woods his 1st year.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
4 winning years into a regime that has delivered pretty much consistently and STILL the fans arent happy.

What do you guys want? A separate side pot for the Rams out with the salary cap?

Hudson cost the Cards a 3rd rounder. He is a 31 year old centre. Half the folks here would be tearing their hair out if we had made that move.

You win games in September, not in fucking March.
True, but I see the other point as well. The rams have had a suck OL and need a center desperately. The good ones are about gone (Andrews from NE is still out there) and the Rams trade away guys, give other guys ridiculous contracts and never really fill the position they need (OL and ILB).