Anyone else think Everett....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EasyE

Starter
Is becoming a beast? Kid looks like the lightbulb is coming on.

Really strong player. Hands and running ability, not to mention his internal fire for the game.

Kudos to Gerald.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky

Really strong player. Hands and running ability, not to mention his internal fire for the game.

Kudos to Gerald.
I think the strengths you listed are what got people excited about Everett in the first place. I also think that it takes TEs a little longer to learn at the NFL level. Couple that with all the weapons on the Rams, and it’s no wonder it took a Kupp injury to some extent to really see those qualities start to shine with him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good topic.

The light DOES appear to be coming on.

And... his talent is obvious. I’m no expert, but his hands just jump out. Strong to snatch the ball.

With the injury to Kupp, Everett could be HUGE down the stretch.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looks lighter and faster than last year. High hopes for this kid. Cold take this offense to a new level.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Trending up and still developing, on the jet sweep should be a natural for him being a former running back. Was also impressed with Higbee and his blocking. Shane Waldron has done an excellent job and I would not be shocked if they added a third TE, that is a blocker first and receiver second.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Been saying it all year, I think mcvay has alot planned for the 2 tight ends and is keeping it for playoff time .

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I do! He has fight in him that I love. He always fights for that extra inch. Same could be said for Higbee but I feel like Everett is more athletic. I'm very excited to see 2 tight sets in the coming weeks and years.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
He played super well. He definitely has fight in him. I was actually concerned a couple times because he kind of gets into the tacklers face after each play and feared a penalty was gonna get drawn at some point. But no flags, and a solid performance. So, it's a win all around!

jap

Legend
Good topic.

The light DOES appear to be coming on.

And... his talent is obvious. I’m no expert, but his hands just jump out. Strong to snatch the ball.

With the injury to Kupp, Everett could be HUGE down the stretch.

Yep! We need both young TEs firing on all cylinders when the post season commences. They can be great at completing catches in traffic . . . especially on third/fourth downs or in the red zone.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I like what Everett and Higbee are bringing lately.

We have very good tight ends all of a sudden.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Kudos to Gerald.
I think he and Higbee are both coming around and at a great time too. I love the jet sweep utilizing these guys.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's also improved his blocking as well. Those 12 personnel sets are going to be a huge help for the O-line, run game, and play action during playoff time.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
There's a reason he was the first pick in the McVay era. The kid has really high ceiling. I have a feeling we'll see more of him the rest of the way. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of the core players on offense next season. Can you imagine Kupp, Cooks and Woods as one receiving group? Along with all world Todd Gurley at running back? Then adding a highly talented tight end to the mix? Oh wait, that is what we will have next season.(y)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Everett had some key blocks in the redzone as well. He's turning into a very good player.

And let's not forget about Higbee (or - as I like to call him - Higbeast). He was an absolute force as a blocker, and when he was thrown to in the passing game, he made plays.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Yeah he's not quite ready just yet to give Goff the consistency he needs but it's really nice to see him coming on right now when we need it most. The difference in him from early this season to right now is profound. So hopefully we're watching that final stage of development of what will be a Rams' passing game weapon for many years.

The offense looks better right now in 12 personnel, as many here had felt it would. So I'm pretty happy with Everett right now and that's with the caveat that we're going to need him to be even better to survive in the playoffs. He's a key piece for us, for better or worse.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And you see other more productive TEs all over the league. Everrett was a typical Snead guy with great measurables but a bit too raw for a top of the second round pick IMO. I love the potential but he still makes mistakes (like not getting OOB against the Eagles). I always worry with guys like him that 4 years of development just leads to training him for another team. I like a second round pick to produce right away, so they get at least a full four years of production out of them. It was a need pick that felt forced IMO. Hopefully he is finally figuring it out and can make a big impact from here on out, especially in the playoffs.