Anybody know what this is?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
I've been wondering the same thing. It looks like it serves two purposes. Duct work because it's hollow and has controllers. The metal is very thick so I'm thinking it's also structural support for the roof. It doesn't appear in any of the renderings indicating that it won't stay were it is. Apparently they built temporary assembly supports to keep it off of the ground.
It does look like the white supports for the roof in the renderings.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
Somewhere there are construction engineers and architects with white knuckles, hoping that everything fits perfectly.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I've been wondering the same thing. It looks like it serves two purposes. Duct work because it's hollow and has controllers. The metal is very thick so I'm thinking it's also structural support for the roof. It doesn't appear in any of the renderings indicating that it won't stay were it is. Apparently they built temporary assembly supports to keep it off of the ground.
It does look like the white supports for the roof in the renderings.
Check my post from earlier, it's in the renderings....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You keep using that word.....

Can’t pass up the chance to quote Princess Bride!

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Location on the stadium? Looks like it is going on those columns, just like in the rendering. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Found it in the artist renderings....

View attachment 25449
View attachment 25448

that screen is gonna be so irritating for the people in the nose bleeds seats if the artist's impression is accurate. a wall of metal in your view right above the field. aren't people who can't afford premium seating worthy of a proper view of the field? lame.

i guess it's better than this.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
FedEx is the WORST. Soooo soooo bad.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
There were some terrible seats at Qualcomm / Jack Murphy. From the upper view seats you couldn't see the end zones.

threesox84

3rd Generation Ramwagoner
Name
Greg
Maybe part of the roof structure where it slopes down to the ground? They just need to stand it up vertically.

Those thingies (I believe that's the correct term) the big white thingy is standing on are cemented into the foundation, so I don't think that's gonna get stood up.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The thing I don't get is: how in the world are they going to keep the birds out??? Are there no birds or pigeons in LA or something?? this is a completely open-air stadium. Birds are going to poop all over everything. Anti-bird netting will have to cover the entire bottom surface of the structure, and spikes will have to be on top of every main column, on top of the scoreboard, every piece of electrical conduit over 1", etc., etc. (or, maybe they just stretch a huge net vertically to infill the huge openings on either end??)
You’re freakin’ me out, man! Surely during this 4 BILLION dollar project somebody asked this question?

The Last stadium built by HKS (in Minnesota) is killing a bunch of birds, BTW.

https://www.popsci.com/reflective-glass-super-bowl-stadium-kills-birds

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I have lost the live feed from the stadium has anyone else had this problem